How many people here actually want the 3ds to be hacked?

#131SMASHKING84Posted 12/18/2012 7:32:07 PM
confettistorm posted...
Of course, this generation wants things for free.

Have you freeloaders ever realized that if we all thought like you that the developers would not get money and would no longer make games?

Think about that... stupid freeloaders and hackers...
If you want to play it, pay for it.

I ONLY download roms of games i already bought a copy of.
1.can use ar
2.retail=no save states
3.no region locking EVER
4.more then one save file in pokemon
5.easier to do lps

i'm a free loader for downloading games i payed for,good to know
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon ppl who agree:3
Pokemon Black 2 [OU rules player] Rosa:4170-2970-6954 PM Me if you add me.
#132Crimson681Posted 12/18/2012 7:35:15 PM
Yes, because I want every console/hand held to be hacked.
#13328the_King28Posted 12/18/2012 7:38:26 PM
ROMS will be a good thing; people who couldn't otherwise afford it will get a chance to play. And to people saying that Nintendo will lose money: there are more important things in life than money and profits. They will adjust.
#134shampoowarriorPosted 12/18/2012 7:39:28 PM
SF_Baha posted...
Of course not. The region lock is necessary to uphold price discrimination. Without region locking, gamers would be less tolerant of having to pay higher prices for games in their region versus another and would begin to import from the cheaper regions, effectively paying less for the same game.

If you can't understand why a company doesn't want this to happen, you clearly understand nothing about business.

Again, if the price difference is that egregious, it would behoove people to import the system from the preferred region as well because that would also be significantly cheaper. Ending up with a moot point. Region locking will kill off regions of the company before it prevents importing if Nintendo is really hellbent on enforcing price discrimination.

No excuse.
---
Official Alice of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
http://backloggery.com/shampoowarrior
#135lunchEATSyouPosted 12/18/2012 7:42:17 PM
SF_Baha posted...
I can't believe it has to be said, but not getting what you want isn't an excuse to screw the law and just do it anyway.

Very true. People forget that video games are a privilege, not a necesity.
---
"I knew it! It's a zombie! Miss, it's illegal to be a zombie!"
#136diving_devil46Posted 12/18/2012 7:42:56 PM
Yes and no.

I hate that the 3DS is region locked, it just makes obtaining legitimate copies of rare/niche games all that much harder, especially when they don't get released over here. It's basically buy 1 3DS for each region, or live with the games they can be bothered to port...

It is also useful having all your games on one cart. I have a reader on my regular ass DS, but I also own just over 70 DS titles. So yeah, it's a bugger if I want to quickly swap out to a game of Tetris or something. I am not carrying 70 games around with me thanks...

But then again, I know piracy is incredibly bad on the DS and as much as people want to justify it, it is hurting the industry at the moment. People can't be trusted to use things legally and legitimately so it's probably for the best in many ways if it remains un-hacked.

But yeah, the region locking thing was such a dumb move. Really irked a lot of people and I can understand the desire for this feature.
#137SoaringDivePosted 12/18/2012 7:46:06 PM
king_darks posted...
wisemidds posted...
People assume that hacking = piracy, I play my backup PURCHASED Wii games direct from a hard drive via the HBC. No region lock and my drive and discs are as good as new. People need to stop being so narrow minded and self righteous

Nice Anecdote friend. So glad everybody is a goody 2 shoes like you.

So, punish everyone for because of a couple people? If you were a teacher, you'd be the type that yells at a kid because someone on the other side of the class room was being rude (you know the ones).
---
PM me if you add me (I won't bite... hard)
3DS: 2148-8150-1379 | Steam:SoaringDive | PSN:SoarDive
#138SF_BahaPosted 12/18/2012 7:48:14 PM
there are more important things in life than money and profits. They will adjust.

There are more important things in life than videogames. Videogames are a luxury. You are not entitled to play them just because they exist.

Again, if the price difference is that egregious, it would behoove people to import the system from the preferred region as well because that would also be significantly cheaper. Ending up with a moot point. Region locking will kill off regions of the company before it prevents importing if Nintendo is really hellbent on enforcing price discrimination.

No excuse.

Price discrimination happens in every industry. Things aren't equally valuable in all parts of the world. Some regions are willing to pay more, some are willing to pay less. There is no international value for any product.
---
"USDA Select meat tastes better than USDA Prime." - The Wii gaming mentality.
#139SMASHKING84Posted 12/18/2012 7:52:38 PM
SF_Baha posted...
Of course not. The region lock is necessary to uphold price discrimination. Without region locking, gamers would be less tolerant of having to pay higher prices for games in their region versus another and would begin to import from the cheaper regions, effectively paying less for the same game.

If you can't understand why a company doesn't want this to happen, you clearly understand nothing about business.

1.why doesn't sony do it then
2.they have to pay the same ammount to import because the shipping from one country to another is ridiculous
3.they could release EVERY GAME IN EVERY region and prevent 99% of imports
4.typical defending anti consumer behavior because it's "good business”. i guess it was TOTALLY FINE the tobacco companies didn't tell people cigarettes could kill you for decades because it was bad buisness to mention it.
5.no matter what measures nintendo takes they will NEVER stop piracy throwing money and time at trying to stop it is hurting them more then actual piracy

6.if nintendo cares so much about money WHY do they not release Every game on eshop. digital copies cost almost nothing to produce so even niche games would succed there.
7.if it weren't for piracy vc WOULDN'T EXIST.
8.i guarantee nintendo themselves pirate games from there competition they'd be stupid to buy a game that helps the competition.
9.nintendo LITERALLY gave away roms. animal crossing,zelda collector's edition,ambassador status ring any bells?
10.piracy only REALLY hurts indie development companies like nintendo are too big to fail.
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon ppl who agree:3
Pokemon Black 2 [OU rules player] Rosa:4170-2970-6954 PM Me if you add me.
#140GemelPosted 12/18/2012 7:56:20 PM
I don't want it to be hacked. The bad outweighs the good for me in this case. Which is too bad but oh well.