How many people here actually want the 3ds to be hacked?

#151LightnessZeroPosted 12/18/2012 9:13:56 PM
Of course I voted yes. And I did it KNOWING it will eventually happen. I don't care about the companies and care even less about the developers. And if hacking the console might open doors for emulation, homebrew games, AR codes, and region free then I might even be willing to donate for a project in this line.

And please, don't even come at me with some lame analogies about the end of games I like and blah blah blah. I'm not stupid and specially am no hypocrite. I have none of those warped senses of morality american society often tries to pass to the rest of the world.
---
Gamefaqs spellchecker doesn't recognize the word Gamefaqs!
#152Kilp45Posted 12/18/2012 9:22:45 PM
I just hope there will be an action replay for the 3DS.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/BalloonClock - Be sure to check out my vids.
Pokemon White FC: 2880 8881 8516
#153king_darks(Topic Creator)Posted 12/18/2012 9:25:24 PM
Oh edgy lighting zero why must you decry america like a angry turbonerd?
---
School days are back.
#154silenthill4vidPosted 12/18/2012 9:34:22 PM
great, now da region free whining will be over. cue the wanting english translation whining now.
---
splinter cell: blacklist......the latest game series turned generic shooter.
#155Godstriker8Posted 12/18/2012 9:36:31 PM
king_darks posted...
SoaringDive posted...
king_darks posted...
wisemidds posted...
People assume that hacking = piracy, I play my backup PURCHASED Wii games direct from a hard drive via the HBC. No region lock and my drive and discs are as good as new. People need to stop being so narrow minded and self righteous

Nice Anecdote friend. So glad everybody is a goody 2 shoes like you.

So, punish everyone for because of a couple people? If you were a teacher, you'd be the type that yells at a kid because someone on the other side of the class room was being rude (you know the ones).

Quick google search. This number look small to you?

http://m.kotaku.com/5558896/the-most-pirated-nintendo-ds-games-are

1. How exactly can the amount of downloads be counted?
2. Downloads =/= missed sales. People often pirate games they had no intention of buying, or download games as a trial and then go buy it, or already have the game and just want a backup.
---
I'm just dickin aroouunnnd
SHAKE AND BAKE!
#156MrSpacelySlatePosted 12/18/2012 9:39:13 PM
I'm apparently Satan, because I'm the 666th guy who voted yes.
#157king_darks(Topic Creator)Posted 12/18/2012 10:00:32 PM
Godstriker8 posted...
king_darks posted...
SoaringDive posted...
king_darks posted...
wisemidds posted...
People assume that hacking = piracy, I play my backup PURCHASED Wii games direct from a hard drive via the HBC. No region lock and my drive and discs are as good as new. People need to stop being so narrow minded and self righteous

Nice Anecdote friend. So glad everybody is a goody 2 shoes like you.

So, punish everyone for because of a couple people? If you were a teacher, you'd be the type that yells at a kid because someone on the other side of the class room was being rude (you know the ones).

Quick google search. This number look small to you?

http://m.kotaku.com/5558896/the-most-pirated-nintendo-ds-games-are

1. How exactly can the amount of downloads be counted?
2. Downloads =/= missed sales. People often pirate games they had no intention of buying, or download games as a trial and then go buy it, or already have the game and just want a backup.

1. A question for you to answer. Don't like the number find out the way it was obtained. Unless of course you're more credible then professionals (Snickers) or just stirring the pot.

2. Downloads=Missed sells. Copies of the game are being gotten without payment. The media being used isn't what important here it is the fact that potential profit is being lost as pirates are taking additional copies of the game without paying for it. The backup excuse is weak as it is the equivalence of owning another copy of the same game when all you pay for is one and your point with the pirates downloading games is moot as they are still getting entertainment from a media they didn't pay for.

Pm me as I'm going to sleep.
---
School days are back.
#158TransdudePosted 12/18/2012 10:02:58 PM
silenthill4vid posted...
great, now da region free whining will be over. cue the wanting english translation whining now.

WHY THE F*** CAN'T THE OTHER COUNTRIES JUST SPEAK ENGLISH, I DON'T WANT TO LEARN ANOTHER LANGUAGE!!!

In truth I'm actually looking forward to learning other languages. After all, French has been fun so far.
#15928the_King28Posted 12/18/2012 10:11:55 PM
king_darks posted...
28the_King28 posted...
ROMS will be a good thing; people who couldn't otherwise afford it will get a chance to play. And to people saying that Nintendo will lose money: there are more important things in life than money and profits. They will adjust.

The dumbest response I have ever seen.

You're the one looking dumb. Look at the poll, a lot of people support the 3DS being hacked.
#160SuzuTitorPosted 12/18/2012 10:33:27 PM
28the_King28 posted...
king_darks posted...
28the_King28 posted...
ROMS will be a good thing; people who couldn't otherwise afford it will get a chance to play. And to people saying that Nintendo will lose money: there are more important things in life than money and profits. They will adjust.

The dumbest response I have ever seen.

You're the one looking dumb. Look at the poll, a lot of people support the 3DS being hacked.

And so the majority makes it right? Boy, can history sure repeat itself.

Anyway, while I love the idea for region-free hacks, I'm absolutely against all other hacks. I wish we could just get something like the GCN's freeloader and that's it.
---
3DS FC - 0688-6401-1227