How many people here actually want the 3ds to be hacked?

#161SF_BahaPosted 12/18/2012 9:43:59 PM
The number of pirated copies can be obtained from the number of torrent downloads or downloads from filesharing sites.

You can try to justify it with the "Not all of those people would have bought the game otherwise!" argument, but you would have to be delusional to think that a massive portion of those figures weren't lost sales. The number being 100,000 instead of 1,000,000 doesn't make it insignificant. That's still a lot of money, and "____ already has so much money already! they can do without more" is a bull **** copout.
---
"USDA Select meat tastes better than USDA Prime." - The Wii gaming mentality.
#162Xenesis XenonPosted 12/18/2012 9:47:06 PM
SF_Baha posted...
The number of pirated copies can be obtained from the number of torrent downloads or downloads from filesharing sites.

You can try to justify it with the "Not all of those people would have bought the game otherwise!" argument, but you would have to be delusional to think that a massive portion of those figures weren't lost sales. The number being 100,000 instead of 1,000,000 doesn't make it insignificant. That's still a lot of money, and "____ already has so much money already! they can do without more" is a bull **** copout.

Except just about every study by industry in an attempt to prove that pirates are cheapskates show that most people who pirate prolifically spend 2-4 times as much money compared to people who don't pirate at all.
---
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.
#163roadtosalvationPosted 12/18/2012 9:49:16 PM
nonexistinghero posted...
If you don't think region locking is significant enough you need to start living in Europe.

Exactly... I don't even live in Europe and I completely agree.

The Eurpoeans get screwed A TON.
#164Godstriker8Posted 12/18/2012 10:05:28 PM
king_darks posted...
1. A question for you to answer. Don't like the number find out the way it was obtained. Unless of course you're more credible then professionals (Snickers) or just stirring the pot.

2. Downloads=Missed sells. Copies of the game are being gotten without payment. The media being used isn't what important here it is the fact that potential profit is being lost as pirates are taking additional copies of the game without paying for it. The backup excuse is weak as it is the equivalence of owning another copy of the same game when all you pay for is one and your point with the pirates downloading games is moot as they are still getting entertainment from a media they didn't pay for.

Pm me as I'm going to sleep.

Its your link, you validate it. Don't go throwing around numbers you arent even sure are real. Secondly, downloads do NOT equal the amount of lost sales. Pirates like to download all the new games because they can. I guarantee that they would not buy over 70% of the games they download.
---
I'm just dickin aroouunnnd
SHAKE AND BAKE!
#165Devil_wings00Posted 12/18/2012 10:42:01 PM
Yes just look at the PSP. If it wasn't for the CFW I would never have used the thing as much as I had. Being able to back up all my games onto a single memory stick and have them load faster? No brainer. Being able to bring any emulator under the sun with me anywhere with proper D-pad and buttons? Awesome. PSP was probably the only portable system I actually used as a portable because it was just a great thing to have around as a time killer.

Just because piracy can happen doesn't bother me. Every stat ever tossed out for piracy can easily be called exaggerated BS. Remember when the Crysis 2 devs said something like the game had been torrentted 20 million times? Ya more copies then was sold on the PS3/360/PC combined was pirated on the PC alone? lol BS. Piracy is a problem but it's been blown up to such ludicrous levels by the industry as a way to inflict anti-consumer policies in the supposed goal of stopping it. If the 3DS can be hacked, the region lock removed and we can load a bunch of cool homebrew stuff, that's reason enough for me. We own the damn thing so what we do with it is our business.
---
3570k @ 4.6, GTX 580 @ 980/2106, ASUS Sabertooth z77, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHZ, 2 Mushkin Chronos in raid0, 1TB WD black.
#166FefnirOmega13Posted 12/18/2012 10:42:24 PM
I think it's only what Nintendo deserve, given the ridiculous idea to region lock the console; but I'm hesitant to the idea for now.

As long as it's only region lock removal, I guess...
---
Bullet Hell fan, Cave and Touhou lover. <3 Patchouli Knowledge.
Playing: DeathSmiles, Fire Emblem 8, Rune Factory 3, Digimon World Dawn, Tales of Vesperia
#167Devil875Posted 12/18/2012 10:47:16 PM
I think it's really weird there isn't something like the R4 memories yet.
---
Silver friend code: 3696 2232 7604
White friend code: 1162 9145 3958
#168DCarnagePosted 12/18/2012 10:47:29 PM
I would love to have homebrew but know it will be mostly for pirating... so I voted no.
#169MilenninPosted 12/18/2012 11:25:24 PM
No.
Because online cheaters.
---
Dream as if you will live forever, live as if you will die today
#170SF_BahaPosted 12/18/2012 11:28:13 PM
What you're telling me is that it's okay to avoid paying money for something if you already spend a lot of money on that thing. I buy 36 cans of Mountain Dew every week. Does that mean I'm entitled to another 12 pack free? Does that justify illegally obtaining one?

Of course it doesn't.
---
"USDA Select meat tastes better than USDA Prime." - The Wii gaming mentality.