How many people here actually want the 3ds to be hacked?

#171FefnirOmega13Posted 12/19/2012 1:23:02 AM
roadtosalvation posted...
nonexistinghero posted...
If you don't think region locking is significant enough you need to start living in Europe.

Exactly... I don't even live in Europe and I completely agree.

The Eurpoeans get screwed A TON.

I live in europe and while the scales have shifted minorly- we SOMETIMES get games up to a week before you guys... like Mario Kart 7, which we got a whole day before you guys, we still get shafted more than enough.

As an example I'm rather rustled about in terms of jimmies, 95% of Atlus releases simply evaporate before they make it here- I had to import Radiant Historia, and I'm staving off importing the Devil Survivor games- because they don't see the point of release over here and thus we never get them. That's not "We get them a year or two down the line", by the way, that's "We never get them and thus have to resort to piracy, import or a holiday abroad in the country" and each has their own positives and negatives.

(Please note that I'm not advertising or supporting the use of piracy in videogames, I'm stating it's an option people take)

Now for recent examples for the 3DS: They've released Code of Princess and Etrian Odyssey IV (Did they even make this game series? Hopefully they only published it...) two games I've had my eye on, but little more than that since they won't release here. Same goes for the Devil Survivor Overclocked game. There has been recent good news about Code of Princess and DSO being possibly released over here, but we're going to get them later than everyone else (CoP is only rumoured, though, and I doubt we'll see it until late 2013 if that)

I would like to re-iterate if I haven't done so already that these are all examples of games I would be willing to pay full price for on launch day, or import for a slightly cheaper price- but I can't because of the region lock. I'm having the choice taken away from me whether I want to buy it or not, because of Nintendo's greed.

Now with every game I want that comes out the question is not "When will it come out" but now "Will it come out in the EU?" and I don't want to have to fork out for another console just to buy a handful of games- that's highway robbery, but if it gets a lot worse then it looks like I'll have to.

Wall of text, I know, but it really bothers me. :/
---
Bullet Hell fan, Cave and Touhou lover. <3 Patchouli Knowledge.
Playing: DeathSmiles, Fire Emblem 8, Rune Factory 3, Digimon World Dawn, Tales of Vesperia
#172VyersPosted 12/19/2012 1:56:52 AM
I do. I'm sorry that Nintendo felt that they had to make people want to hack it in order for them to import games, but if they want to make a risk, they have to accept the consequences of the risk proving fatal.
---
Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/Negative_Hippie
Blog: http://www.1up.com/do/my1Up?publicUserId=6123776 / YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/ThankTheBear
#173StykmeisterPosted 12/19/2012 5:06:16 AM
bump
---
3781-6464-7859 Goldeneye
1289-9437-4855 3DS
#174king_darks(Topic Creator)Posted 12/19/2012 5:41:15 AM
28the_King28 posted...
king_darks posted...
28the_King28 posted...
ROMS will be a good thing; people who couldn't otherwise afford it will get a chance to play. And to people saying that Nintendo will lose money: there are more important things in life than money and profits. They will adjust.

The dumbest response I have ever seen.

You're the one looking dumb. Look at the poll, a lot of people support the 3DS being hacked.

I said response. That line of logic is idotic reguardless of whom the audience you trying to voice.
---
School days are back.
#175temerrraPosted 12/19/2012 5:43:17 AM
YES !!! as long as the region is locked
#176king_darks(Topic Creator)Posted 12/19/2012 5:55:06 AM
Godstriker8 posted...
king_darks posted...
1. A question for you to answer. Don't like the number find out the way it was obtained. Unless of course you're more credible then professionals (Snickers) or just stirring the pot.

2. Downloads=Missed sells. Copies of the game are being gotten without payment. The media being used isn't what important here it is the fact that potential profit is being lost as pirates are taking additional copies of the game without paying for it. The backup excuse is weak as it is the equivalence of owning another copy of the same game when all you pay for is one and your point with the pirates downloading games is moot as they are still getting entertainment from a media they didn't pay for.

Pm me as I'm going to sleep.

Its your link, you validate it. Don't go throwing around numbers you arent even sure are real. Secondly, downloads do NOT equal the amount of lost sales. Pirates like to download all the new games because they can. I guarantee that they would not buy over 70% of the games they download.

I don't have to validate it. Thats your job if you don't think it real. Going "I don't believe that" makes you look like a idiot. The information there on the internet and is credible unless proven otherwise as the credientals of a website>Some random user by a mile.

2nd. Are you a parrot? Say a new line please. All the illegals download are the equivalent of software gotten for free. Rather or not they was going to get it with a price tag is irrelevant as they are getting access to a media they didn't pay for. This is the bottomline or are you gonna argue against this fact?

Forgive the rudeness. I wake up at 6:00 in the mourning for school.
---
School days are back.
#177abbyhitterPosted 12/19/2012 6:02:56 AM
I don't understand why so many people want the region lock taken away. Why do you want to play games that you can't read and understand? Why do you want to pay extra money to import? Save that money for something more valuable. Stop acting like you're entitled to play games. Gaming is a hobby, not a Constitutional right.
---
abbyhaxxor<3
I always rush here to tell GameFAQs my problems!
#178king_darks(Topic Creator)Posted 12/19/2012 6:13:01 AM
Vyers posted...
I do. I'm sorry that Nintendo felt that they had to make people want to hack it in order for them to import games, but if they want to make a risk, they have to accept the consequences of the risk proving fatal.

The consequences aren't soley on nintendo you know.
---
School days are back.
#179temerrraPosted 12/19/2012 6:42:28 AM
Sorry man but i do understand japanese and some quality games always stays in japan !!!
#180XashowdPosted 12/19/2012 8:11:07 AM
abbyhitter posted...
I don't understand why so many people want the region lock taken away. Why do you want to play games that you can't read and understand? Why do you want to pay extra money to import? Save that money for something more valuable. Stop acting like you're entitled to play games. Gaming is a hobby, not a Constitutional right.

Not trying to spark any arguments here, but here's something I just thought of...

It may not be a constitutional right, but it is a right of Humanity. As it was once said, We hold the Right to Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness. We pursue games because they make us happy, thus, "The Pursuit of Happiness". Simple as that.

Of course, there are all the possible counter-arguments like "There are other ways to pursue happiness!" or "It's only the Pursuit of, not the obtainment of!" and stuff like that, but like I said, I'm not trying to start a war of Semantics, just stating something I observed.

You may now return to your argument of the Region Lock.
---
Official Member of the MnK! I am The Wandering Nightwind, Xashowd!
3DS FC: 3695-0746-1582. Xashowd. PM me if you add me.