How many people here actually want the 3ds to be hacked?

#31kenshin7346Posted 12/18/2012 10:29:44 AM
I do, If only just to get rid of the region lock.
#32KiutsuPosted 12/18/2012 10:39:50 AM
Yes, i want it to be hacked. To hell with region lock and whoever thought it was a good idea and those who agreed.
#33KeyBlade999Posted 12/18/2012 10:50:09 AM
There's no particular need for the Action Replay.

Now, as for the region-locking idea, that does seem completely and wholesomely moronic to me. So what if I'm willing to pay more to get Pokemon six months early? The money goes to you, most of the time.

Now, as for making ROMs and emulators... I don't really think so. *Maybe* once the system is decades dead and itself will have little on the economy, but there is still an effect, so I doubt I'd still want it hacked for that purpose.

Yeah, I'm a mixed bunch of nuts.
---
Every wound a new opportunity, every curse a new challenge.
I shall encounter defeats... But I will not be defeated.
#34Argh4430Posted 12/18/2012 10:50:13 AM
I'm surprised at how many people are against region lock.
#35EngineR2Posted 12/18/2012 10:52:16 AM
Pigfarts posted...
its funny when people are like "for homebrew"...oh and I don't pirate games...yeah sure you don't

Once again, I don't want this for piracy. It's horrible for business. When I hacked the Wii console, it was to install a game save for Tatsunoko VS. Capcom, since I had to return the game to the video store extremely soon, and didn't have enough time to unlock everything. I was extremely tired of Nintendo locking saves to the console, so that was my motivation. NOT to play free Wii games. In fact, I even ended up buying the game later. I never downloaded a single Wii game, and have not use the trucha bug for HDD support at all.

I only want the 3DS to be hacked because of region locking. If that gets removed, I will buy, I repeat, BUY the games I want. Piracy is horrible, and I don't want that to be a feature included if the 3DS gets hacked. The excuse of it's too much money doesn't justify stealing.
---
Not changing sig until Toad, Jill and Drill Dozer are playable characters in the new Smash Bros.
#36Vincent7thPosted 12/18/2012 10:58:00 AM
Haku posted...
Want it to be hacked. Region lock is enough of a reason for me.

This.

As long as publishers are dragging their feet about bringing content to the West.
---
3DS FC: 3523-3466-7778 "RandyGreen"
#37xXDeadWulfXxPosted 12/18/2012 10:58:29 AM
To bypass region lock. Maybe emulate retro games that aren't on the eShop? Would be sweet.
---
PSN: Shibuya_Reaper 3DS FC: 3668-7261-4909
Currently playing: FF6, Tales of the Abyss 3D
#38ChargrilledPosted 12/18/2012 11:00:49 AM
lol warez kiddies
---
GT : DeadJericho / PSN : Focalpoint /
Correct terminology is 'Could NOT care less'. Learn English!
#39Kaze_MemaryuPosted 12/18/2012 11:01:02 AM
Pigfarts posted...
its funny when people are like "for homebrew"...oh and I don't pirate games...yeah sure you don't

Dude, you obviously don't understand the purpose of homebrew.

Homebrew is an effort of increasing/extending the functionality of a platform or console with homemade programs, but they never support piracy. Other people who put a lot of effort into creating programs for playing pirated games are to blame for that. Unfortunately, there's barely anything we can do to stop those pirates once Homebrew is possible - but still, 'support Homebrew' doesn't automatically mean 'support pirating'.

If Nintendo didn't region lock the 3DS, they would have much fewer problems with hackers.
---
"Evil, beware. We have waffles..."
- Raven, Teen Titans
#40hutchyhutchyPosted 12/18/2012 11:10:43 AM
**** piracy. I voted yes because of the damn region lock.
---
WHY THE **** DO I SEE DEAD PEOPLE WHERE THEY'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE?