How many people here actually want the 3ds to be hacked?

#4121_21Posted 12/18/2012 12:14:14 PM
T3H_1337_N1NJ4 posted...
Voted no. And there's plenty of good reasons for that.

One is indeed that it will enable online hacking. Something which I do not appreciate at all. The other is piracy, either you wish to accept it or not it's a huge problem that will annoy a lot of developers. Maybe enough to make them publish the game on another console.

Online hacking is understandable, but regarding piracy, whether you wish to accept it or not it's not really as big of a problem as you think it is...
---
Currently playing:
999, Super Robot Taisen OG Endless Saga, and Scribblenauts Unlimited
#4221_21Posted 12/18/2012 12:15:50 PM
Well, I'm glad the poll switched in favor of hacking. If Nintendo doesn't want my money for Japanese games, they that's fine by me. They won't get any money from me.
---
Currently playing:
#43fire2boxPosted 12/18/2012 12:16:45 PM
Toy buy something, you should be able to do whatever you want with it.

If you break copyright law by playing pirated games, your taking the risk of being sued or thrown in jail. Simple as that.
---
Roswill Challenger case | ASRock B75 PRO3 | Ivy bridge i5 3570k @3.40GHz | 8 GB G Skill ripsaw DDR3 @ 1600 | single XFX 7870 GHz edition | OCZ 600W modular PSU
#44HakuPosted 12/18/2012 12:18:37 PM
Kaze_Memaryu posted...
Pigfarts posted...
its funny when people are like "for homebrew"...oh and I don't pirate games...yeah sure you don't

Dude, you obviously don't understand the purpose of homebrew.

Homebrew is an effort of increasing/extending the functionality of a platform or console with homemade programs, but they never support piracy. Other people who put a lot of effort into creating programs for playing pirated games are to blame for that. Unfortunately, there's barely anything we can do to stop those pirates once Homebrew is possible - but still, 'support Homebrew' doesn't automatically mean 'support pirating'.

If Nintendo didn't region lock the 3DS, they would have much fewer problems with hackers.

To be fair though, sometimes homebrew is just an excuse. Look at the 360, both the hacks that can do homebrew, can do it by just running Xell. A lot of the homebrew that's available now, boots from Xell. If the goal was just homebrew, no piracy, then it's achieved by that & you can stop.

But of course they went a step further and made hacked versions of the MS dash with just about every security check disabled, while still claiming it's for homebrew & consistently update these hacked version so new games can be played, but still, just for homebrew.
#4521_21Posted 12/18/2012 12:19:29 PM
Pigfarts posted...
its funny when people are like "for homebrew"...oh and I don't pirate games...yeah sure you don't

So I take it you're a pirate, then, no?
---
Currently playing:
#46T3H_1337_N1NJ4Posted 12/18/2012 12:19:39 PM
21_21 posted...
T3H_1337_N1NJ4 posted...
Voted no. And there's plenty of good reasons for that.

One is indeed that it will enable online hacking. Something which I do not appreciate at all. The other is piracy, either you wish to accept it or not it's a huge problem that will annoy a lot of developers. Maybe enough to make them publish the game on another console.

Online hacking is understandable, but regarding piracy, whether you wish to accept it or not it's not really as big of a problem as you think it is...

http://www.megapirateninjas.com/2011/04/ace-attorney-investigations-2-not.html

"The previous game had already met a similar fate in Europe. The game received a very limited release in the EU due to Capcom viewing the large scale pirating of DS titles in Europe as a big problem for the game's success."

Say that to the publishers.
---
To err is human, but to really screw things up you need a computer!
NNID: CodenameGreyFox
#4790sRetroGamingPosted 12/18/2012 12:23:49 PM
I want it to be hacked simply for the fact that it'll make MK7 more interesting with hackers around. call me crazy but i love them and all the chaos they bring! xD. it's one of the reasons i still love MKW as much as i do!. without them i probrably would've got bored with it year ago...
---
"OldSchoolGaming4Life" on YT/"90sRetroGaming" on mariokartwii.com
#48T3H_1337_N1NJ4Posted 12/18/2012 12:25:21 PM
90sRetroGaming posted...
I want it to be hacked simply for the fact that it'll make MK7 more interesting with hackers around. call me crazy but i love them and all the chaos they bring! xD. it's one of the reasons i still love MKW as much as i do!. without them i probrably would've got bored with it year ago...

You're crazy, and that's not to use a worse word. There's nothing fun about racing with idiots who spend the entire race in Star mode.
---
To err is human, but to really screw things up you need a computer!
NNID: CodenameGreyFox
#4921_21Posted 12/18/2012 12:26:08 PM
T3H_1337_N1NJ4 posted...

http://www.megapirateninjas.com/2011/04/ace-attorney-investigations-2-not.html

"The previous game had already met a similar fate in Europe. The game received a very limited release in the EU due to Capcom viewing the large scale pirating of DS titles in Europe as a big problem for the game's success."

Say that to the publishers.

So what? Piracy is still not big of a problem. You're right. Thu publishers should understand this fact.
---
Currently playing:
#50pbandjamesPosted 12/18/2012 12:26:43 PM
MahoganyTooth92 posted...
Stykmeister posted...
Nintendo are being very strict about 3DS. I read an article somewhere that if you update it with an unauthorised piece of software, they will brick it.

Wait...so nintendo is intentionally bricking your console?
Can't they be sued for that?

If Nintendo actually did that, no, you would not be able to sue them. It would just come as a firmware update, and it it bricked, tough crap.

Because you're using software to alter the software in the system, the warranty is voided. So, they don't have to care about your problems. Only if you had it bricked legitimately is it their problem.
---
Game news is the best news.