Will we ever see a true Super Mario RPG sequal?

#71JoeBudden42Posted 12/25/2012 5:00:58 PM
abbyhitter posted...
All of you are wrong.

SMRPG >>>> all Paper Marios >>>>> all Mario and Luigis

definitely that^

i love all of them though.
#72BoosterBurstPosted 12/25/2012 6:37:21 PM
luigi33 posted...
Catcher_Freeman posted...
Super Mario 64 is far better than those super Mario garbage, oh excuse me, I meant galaxy.

SMRPG is far better than any other Mario rpg, and my favorite Mario game. sounds like those games were far before your time

Get off my internet.

why? because your opinions are horrible?

http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/Nostalgia_942574_2117126.jpg

oh boy, here we go again with the nostalgia argument. you deserve some sort of award for that and you have my pity.

if you love the super Mario galaxy games, you only do it because of nostalgia. see, I can play this same game too.

nostalgia and quality are two different things. you should learn that before making yourself look bad in the future
#73luigi33Posted 12/25/2012 6:59:26 PM
if you love the super Mario galaxy games, you only do it because of nostalgia. see, I can play this same game too.

Except SMG2 is a very recent game and it holds no nostalgic value.
---
Specs: [Intel i5 3570k] [16GB DDR3] [GA-Z77X-UD3H]
[CM Hyper 212+] [GTX 560ti]
#74BoosterBurstPosted 12/25/2012 7:14:03 PM
luigi33 posted...

Except SMG2 is a very recent game and it holds no nostalgic value.

nope. smg2 is now two and a half years old, so you only love it because of nostalgia.

don't argue since I'm just using your own frail broken logic
#75NekoSlavePosted 12/25/2012 7:54:00 PM
No, and good riddance.

I loved SMRPG as much as any other fans, but they need to support it. Cartridge harder to find than a grail that doesn't exist, no releases in all the systems since then, no virtual ware, no remakes, no attempts whatsoever to make it available to fans or even would-be fans. It's obvious they don't care if we like it or not, so why should we? It was a good game, good memory, and now there are other games to look forward to.

I want another one, too.
---
the silenced SPAS-12 has the effective range of a tangerine. -EvaPilot1
"About Me" references Izuna, Unemployed Ninja on the DS.
#76NekoSlavePosted 12/25/2012 8:09:42 PM
To add to my earlier comment, I really, really would like a re-release, update, upgrade, remake, or any other sort of something that would allow gamers of today or even old fans to gain access. My friends at one point wanted to get into it, but I had no way of showing it to them as I could not even acquire my own copy. Initially I thought it was a terrible idea, but when I played it (at another friend's house) I was amazed at the depth it had. I became an instant fan, and remain one to this day. I'm just miffed that Nintendo has never, to my knowledge, made any copy of the game more accessible to it's fans since then.

Love the Paper series though, need more of them (I only have TYD on GameCube) and the M&L series which I also need to track down.
---
the silenced SPAS-12 has the effective range of a tangerine. -EvaPilot1
"About Me" references Izuna, Unemployed Ninja on the DS.
#77luigi33Posted 12/25/2012 9:59:05 PM
nope. smg2 is now two and a half years old, so you only love it because of nostalgia.

lmao @ 2 years = nostalgia.
---
Specs: [Intel i5 3570k] [16GB DDR3] [GA-Z77X-UD3H]
[CM Hyper 212+] [GTX 560ti]
#78BoosterBurstPosted 12/26/2012 12:14:22 AM
luigi33 posted...

lmao @ 2 years = nostalgia.

and a half years

anyhow, care to explain now games magically lose quality over time? Sorry kiddo but I remember buying SMRPG with my own hard earned money, and remember purchasing it at toys r us and when I played it for the first and many times after that. the game still holds up today with is high production values, great 3D art style and awesome music, wonderful battle system, etc. its still a better RPG than any other Mario RPG and my favorite Mario game out of any.

if you want to go by your nonsensical argument, I gps nobody can still like SMB3 or SMW FFVII (my favorite game of all time but not my first RPG) our Yoshi's island, merely because they're old. anyway, your nostalgia argument does not make any f***ing sense.
#79Kill_Jill_Vol_1Posted 12/26/2012 12:18:32 AM
Illuminoius posted...
sequal

Sequall Lionheart
---
Official Concubine of the NDF
3DS FC: 1032-2577-9994
#80bcorneliaPosted 12/26/2012 2:09:50 AM
NekoSlave posted...
No, and good riddance.

I loved SMRPG as much as any other fans, but they need to support it. Cartridge harder to find than a grail that doesn't exist, no releases in all the systems since then, no virtual ware, no remakes, no attempts whatsoever to make it available to fans or even would-be fans. It's obvious they don't care if we like it or not, so why should we? It was a good game, good memory, and now there are other games to look forward to.

I want another one, too.

What the hell are you talking about? It was released on Wii Virtual Console ages ago.
---
My old account got better.