lmao at Nintendo charging $40 for Pilotwings Resort on the eShop today.

#51SpideymasterPosted 12/20/2012 7:55:17 PM
ORANGE666 posted...
Razieru posted...
IcyBlaze_XZ posted...
lol at the trolls. Pilotwings is worth $40, it's shameful people are putting down such a great game. You should be grateful Nintendo is even letting you buy it digitally.

Pilotwings Resort is worth $4.

His pathetic trolling is sustained on his hypocrisy. Don't give the kid anymore attention than he deserves.

Agreeing with Nintendo that they set a great price for a game is trolling? Does that mean that all the fanboys defending the $250 3DS were all trolling as well?

I think he's calling him a troll because the game is available new for less than 10 bucks in a lot of stores.
---
"If you want a story line, go read a book. If you want graphics, watch a movie. If you want to have fun, play a game." MetaYoshi64
#52ADHDguitarPosted 12/20/2012 8:11:00 PM
Happens.

Sony's prices on their store are pretty whack. Not this bad, but still. Games are always overpriced when bought directly from the publisher.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#53trenton97Posted 12/20/2012 8:11:57 PM
GreatTroySensei posted...
Koi_Tenchi posted...
_Izanagi_ posted...
Razieru posted...
stargazer64 posted...
Only $40? I'll take seven, my good man!

^ People like this are why Nintendo continues to do this dumb ****.

Nintendo uses sucker punch!

It's a critical hit!

Naive fainted!

And how many other sources can you find a physical copy COMPLETE for much less TC?:

I'm certain he was kidding.

This.

I think it's hilarious though when trolls are so busy trolling that they can't even sense sarcasm.

See the thing is, most of the replies in the Nintendo forums are like that, sans sarcasm.

"Hey guys! They're re-releasing Ocarina again! I already have 8 copies across 5 platforms, but oh my god I can play it with the wii-u tablet now! I'll buy it twice!!!"

lulz.

Damn. I would buy the s**t out of Ocarina on WiiU.

I just realized that I own every version of that game. And I even think one of the lower tier 3D Zeldas. And oh my god, if Ninty ever makes HD Link to the Past I would buy it twice.
---
After I finish life the first time, I'm doing a challenge run.
LttP>everything else.
#54OoSubaruoOPosted 12/20/2012 8:12:49 PM
Sony's $5 on certain Vita games isn't much of a difference.
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 0605-4074-6062
#55IcyBlaze_XZ(Topic Creator)Posted 12/20/2012 8:51:26 PM
I don't know why everyone's bringing up the Vita store.

I don't have a problem with Nintendo/Sony/MS charging the full MSRP for their games on their digital stormfronts.

I think it's perfectly reasonable for Nintendo to charge $40 for Mario Kart 7, Super Mario 3D Land, etc.

The problem is...this game was never worth $40 to begin with as a launch title over a year ago, so it's certainly not worth it now. The game was selling at 50% off MSRP everywhere just months after its release, which doesn't happen with Nintendo's traditional "evergreen" titles. It was even given away free at many retailers whenever you bought a 3DS, and now ou can find the game new from $5-15.

I'd be very surprised if, in December 2013, Uncharted Golden Abyss (which, while a mediocre game which that doesn't hold a candle to its console counterparts is still worth $40 more than Pilotwings Resort was) is still full price in the Vita store, especially since they're giving away the game free (along with 5 or 6 others) with a Playstation Plus subscription.

The 3DS has a full year on the Vita, so it means a little more when launch titles are still full priced on their respective digital stores, especially ones that were just now added today some reason and were never worth MSRP to begin with.
---
b
#56roadtosalvationPosted 12/20/2012 9:04:37 PM
This is hardly surprising... they're still charging $34.95 for New Super Mario Bros. on the freakin' DS when the game is six years old!

That's a twenty dollar game if I've ever played one.
#57Koi_TenchiPosted 12/20/2012 10:17:47 PM
GreatTroySensei posted...
Koi_Tenchi posted...
_Izanagi_ posted...
Razieru posted...
stargazer64 posted...
Only $40? I'll take seven, my good man!

^ People like this are why Nintendo continues to do this dumb ****.

Nintendo uses sucker punch!

It's a critical hit!

Naive fainted!

And how many other sources can you find a physical copy COMPLETE for much less TC?:

I'm certain he was kidding.

This.

I think it's hilarious though when trolls are so busy trolling that they can't even sense sarcasm.

See the thing is, most of the replies in the Nintendo forums are like that, sans sarcasm.

"Hey guys! They're re-releasing Ocarina again! I already have 8 copies across 5 platforms, but oh my god I can play it with the wii-u tablet now! I'll buy it twice!!!"

lulz.

Why are you making that sound like it's a Nintendo thing when fanboy's do that for every game company under the sun?
---
It's a secret to everybody.
#58YAMI_ANUBIS_XPosted 12/20/2012 11:22:59 PM
Pilotwings resort should have had a real free play mode, it could have been better if there wasnt a damn timer in free play mode, damn that timer, doesnt even give you enough time to have fun in free play mode.
---
GT: Yami Anubis X I believe that is it
3DS FC:1891-1173-7323 Name YamiAnubiX
#59muffinmasherPosted 12/21/2012 12:10:23 AM
To this day, Pilotwings resort is one of the only games I regret buying for full price.
I bought it at launch with my 3ds, and I have to say I was disappointed (By the game).
---
Black 2 FC: 3654 8353 8201
"Barkley: Shut up and jam! Gaiden" Is the best RPG of all time.
#60GreatTroySenseiPosted 12/21/2012 12:22:09 AM
Koi_Tenchi posted...
Why are you making that sound like it's a Nintendo thing when fanboy's do that for every game company under the sun?

Because it is a Nintendo thing, particularly with the Mario and Zelda franchises. You guys need to demand more out of them - I was stoked when I heard 3DS would be getting a Zelda and a Starfox... until I heard that they were the 64 versions, yet again. Eff that - they couldn't knock out a Star Fox 64 2, or a proper Zelda?

What other company milks re-releases as badly as Nintendo does? Maybe Capcom, but they're the posterchildren for bad decision making, so being runner-up to them isn't a very proud spot either way.
---
These are like, third dimension glasses, you know? They don't really work, though because I feel like I'm still seeing stuff in whatever dimension we live in.