lmao at Nintendo charging $40 for Pilotwings Resort on the eShop today.

#61ecco6t9Posted 12/21/2012 12:33:18 AM
I guess they thought no one would notice the $40 price tag.
---
Time Magazine's Man Of The Year 2006.
#62AhnoldDoodPosted 12/21/2012 12:40:50 AM
GreatTroySensei posted...
Koi_Tenchi posted...
Why are you making that sound like it's a Nintendo thing when fanboy's do that for every game company under the sun?

Because it is a Nintendo thing.

No, it isn't. But, keep pretending that it is, Playslave.
#63jovewolfPosted 12/21/2012 12:45:26 AM
What other company milks re-releases as badly as Nintendo does? Maybe Capcom, but they're the posterchildren for bad decision making, so being runner-up to them isn't a very proud spot either way.

Falcom has ported Ys 1 and 2 to pretty much everything ever. Square Enix has ported Final Fantasy I, II, and IV to every viable possible platform at this point. Atlus/Index has done the same with Shin Megami Tensei 1 (though only in Japan). NIS has ported Disgaea several times, and released a significant portion of it's other games a number of times. Sega has released most of it's catalog several times over.
---
"Don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you."
#64RazieruPosted 12/21/2012 12:48:11 AM
Because it is a Nintendo thing, particularly with the Mario and Zelda franchises. You guys need to demand more out of them

Hah. They have yet to mature to this point. They are too busy with their eyes aglow to any piece of **** Nintendo slings at them; no matter how bad, predictable, or milked it is. You have better luck expecting the world to "end" today.

I was stoked when I heard 3DS would be getting a Zelda and a Starfox... until I heard that they were the 64 versions, yet again.

Again, with their flagship glory boys praising them blindly for crap like this and other mediocre showings, why should they ever really try?

Eff that - they couldn't knock out a Star Fox 64 2, or a proper Zelda?

Once again, with an audience that settles for any crap they **** out like remakes, shovelware, and ports to last lifetimes, why not? Why break your limits and free yourself from your archaic comfort zone?

What other company milks re-releases as badly as Nintendo does?

Hold on....let me see....uh- nope; I'm drawing a blank picture here.

Maybe Capcom, but they're the posterchildren for bad decision making, so being runner-up to them isn't a very proud spot either way.

They are quite synonymous of each other indeed. CRAPcom prefers to rehash Marvel vs. CRAPcom games of all shapes and sizes for all kinds of damn systems, cancel games, and ensure Megaman's death.

Nintendo isn't too far behind with spoiled milking Mario alone, along with neglecting the E-Shop and essentially ensuring its death as well. Other than Japan-exclusive 3DS XL bundles, let's see what else they will add to that "cancelled" category.
---
So....New Super Mario Bros. 2 wasn't released as FREE DLC for New Super Mario Bros.?!
#65Koi_TenchiPosted 12/21/2012 11:39:49 AM(edited)
Koi_Tenchi posted...
Why are you making that sound like it's a Nintendo thing when fanboy's do that for every game company under the sun?

Because it is a Nintendo thing, particularly with the Mario and Zelda franchises. You guys need to demand more out of them - I was stoked when I heard 3DS would be getting a Zelda and a Starfox... until I heard that they were the 64 versions, yet again. Eff that - they couldn't knock out a Star Fox 64 2, or a proper Zelda?

What other company milks re-releases as badly as Nintendo does? Maybe Capcom, but they're the posterchildren for bad decision making, so being runner-up to them isn't a very proud spot either way.

When you start to look at other systems, you'll notice there's a little thing called "HD Collections". I'm pretty sure PS3 has almost 15 of them at this point. They're pretty much the equivalent of 3DS remakes/ports, and I know at least the MGS one was released for BOTH PS3 and Vita.

On another note, are people honestly still holding it aganist Nintendo that they rerelease OOT TWICE for the price of ABSOLUTELY FREE? Because if you don't count that, this is only the 2nd or third rerelease, depending on if you count Wii VC which is a thing particularly made for rereleases.

I'm sure plenty of other companies have rereleases their games and given them away for free though, right?
---
It's a secret to everybody.