I don't understand why people don't accept SM3D land as best Mario.

#41Arn544Posted 12/20/2012 10:12:57 PM
Robot_Soopa posted...
How does playing as Luigi go back 30 years.

A P2 palette swap doesn't count.

SMB2 wasn't really a Mario game.

Luigi wasn't playable in 64 or Sunshine.

Only Galaxy, 64 Remake and 3D Land have REALLY given you Luigi in a platforming scenario and the controls in the 64 Remake were pretty bad.

Not saying I agree but come on guys. Let's not try to make up half-assed points here. There are easier and factual ways to tear him apart.

So your argument is "playing as luigi doesn't count"? C'mon man...
#42FefnirOmega13Posted 12/20/2012 10:13:45 PM
Arn544 posted...
anybody over the age of 13 looks like a major loser playing video games in public.

I'm sorry you're so insecure about what you look like in public and that god forbid anyone that even holds a gaming device in the open should be put in shackles, then stoned and cremated.

:/
---
Bullet Hell fan, Cave and Touhou lover. <3 Patchouli Knowledge.
Playing: DeathSmiles, Fire Emblem 8, Rune Factory 3, Digimon World Dawn, Tales of Vesperia
#43Arn544Posted 12/20/2012 10:19:39 PM
FefnirOmega13 posted...
Arn544 posted...
anybody over the age of 13 looks like a major loser playing video games in public.

I'm sorry you're so insecure about what you look like in public and that god forbid anyone that even holds a gaming device in the open should be put in shackles, then stoned and cremated.

There's a difference between being insecure and wanting to get laid.

And people can do what they want, I'm just being honest about what it looks like.
#44AkagehisaPosted 12/20/2012 10:20:12 PM
Man if 3Dland is the best, I wonder how are the others?,,,,, All I know is that I bought it for the full price, and I finished it in a couple of days,,,, is waaaaay too short.

And I dont feel like playing it again, the levels are too short with few things to do.

It looks pretty though,,
#45Robot_SoopaPosted 12/20/2012 10:24:33 PM
Arn544 posted...
Robot_Soopa posted...

Only Galaxy, 64 Remake and 3D Land have REALLY given you Luigi in a platforming scenario and the controls in the 64 Remake were pretty bad.

Not saying I agree but come on guys. Let's not try to make up half-assed points here. There are easier and factual ways to tear him apart.

Because it wasn't really Luigi. It was a palette swap. Now he looks completely different, sounds completely different and even plays slightly different.
#46Arn544Posted 12/20/2012 10:26:22 PM
Robot_Soopa posted...
Arn544 posted...
Robot_Soopa posted...

Because it wasn't really Luigi. It was a palette swap. Now he looks completely different, sounds completely different and even plays slightly different.

It still counts, in SMB2 he even played a little different. People don't have to like it but it still counts as a mario game.
#47hhjghbhghnmhPosted 12/20/2012 10:30:25 PM(edited)
Robot_Soopa posted...
Arn544 posted...
Robot_Soopa posted...

Both the Mario Bros 2's (USA and Lost Levels) let you play as a pretty different Luigi, and those have been around for a pretty long time too. He wasn't quite that different I guess, but he jumped significantly higher and had different traction/aerial movement, which made a pretty big difference especially in Lost Levels.
---
Barrel!
#48SSJ4CHRISPosted 12/20/2012 11:08:08 PM
They should have sold DLC for this game to made it worth beating instead of speed rush crap DLC for NSMB2.
---
Pokemon White FC: 0346 8604 2225 PSN: phayro_rip
People Only Like Obama, that's the motto Romney, P.O.L.O.
#49nedrithPosted 12/20/2012 11:21:22 PM
Arn544 posted...
FefnirOmega13 posted...
Arn544 posted...

There's a difference between being insecure and wanting to get laid.

And people can do what they want, I'm just being honest about what it looks like.

Meh, if I want to get laid I'll do it with a women who enjoys what I enjoy, hence if they can't accept the fact that I like video games than well they can find some other guy.
#50FefnirOmega13Posted 12/20/2012 11:54:29 PM
Arn544 posted...
FefnirOmega13 posted...
Arn544 posted...

So you're insinuating that every person playing an electronic handheld makes them an impossible to date neckbeard with absolutely no social or life skills at all?
---
Bullet Hell fan, Cave and Touhou lover. <3 Patchouli Knowledge.
Playing: DeathSmiles, Fire Emblem 8, Rune Factory 3, Digimon World Dawn, Tales of Vesperia