I don't understand why people don't accept SM3D land as best Mario.

#51NeonYoshi11Posted 12/21/2012 12:13:46 AM
Mario 64 & Super Mario World & Yoshi's Island all have better soundtracks but it is a really good game.
#52BoosterBurstPosted 12/21/2012 12:14:58 AM
super Mario 64 still is the best Mario game
#53TheRealMrManPosted 12/21/2012 12:17:39 AM
NeonYoshi11 posted...
Mario 64 & Super Mario World & Yoshi's Island all have better soundtracks but it is a really good game.

Yoshi's Island is one of the best video games ever made and is a true work of art. I usually don't even compare it to the other Mario games because it's such a different game.
#54ashcrvPosted 12/21/2012 12:17:43 AM
It's also short.
The levels are small.
And it's portable so yeah.
---
MY HAIR IS ON FIRE!
#55Arn544Posted 12/21/2012 12:48:50 AM
FefnirOmega13 posted...
Arn544 posted...
FefnirOmega13 posted...
Arn544 posted...
anybody over the age of 13 looks like a major loser playing video games in public.

I'm sorry you're so insecure about what you look like in public and that god forbid anyone that even holds a gaming device in the open should be put in shackles, then stoned and cremated.

:/

And people can do what they want, I'm just being honest about what it looks like.

So you're insinuating that every person playing an electronic handheld makes them an impossible to date neckbeard with absolutely no social or life skills at all?

Not insinuating anything, I'm stating it.

You know what it looks like when a grown person is hunched down staring at a game screen? Nobody doing that has never had to beat the ladies off with a stick.
#56brawlmastr12344Posted 12/21/2012 1:00:44 AM
Godstriker8 posted...
Too easy
Mario controls weird
Having to play the whole game twice to get the final level
Simplistic level design
Feels stale

Just my opinion, but those are my main problems with the game

This.
#57masa8munePosted 12/21/2012 1:01:38 AM
Arn544 posted...
FefnirOmega13 posted...
Arn544 posted...
FefnirOmega13 posted...
Arn544 posted...
anybody over the age of 13 looks like a major loser playing video games in public.

I'm sorry you're so insecure about what you look like in public and that god forbid anyone that even holds a gaming device in the open should be put in shackles, then stoned and cremated.

And people can do what they want, I'm just being honest about what it looks like.

So you're insinuating that every person playing an electronic handheld makes them an impossible to date neckbeard with absolutely no social or life skills at all?

You know what it looks like when a grown person is hunched down staring at a game screen? Nobody doing that has never had to beat the ladies off with a stick.

im 17 and i use my 3ds outside, not so much though.
just to check some streetpasses and stuff.
---
rumors about bleach getting cancelled,hope its just a rumor.
#58Canas_RenvallPosted 12/21/2012 1:18:15 AM
Arn544 posted...
FefnirOmega13 posted...
Arn544 posted...
FefnirOmega13 posted...
Arn544 posted...

Well, screw the ladies then. My boyfriend and I play our 3DS's in public all the time. I'm 20 and he's 21 and I don't feel the slightest bit insecure. I guess ladies need to stop being stuck up the way you describe them. ;P
---
I don't see Nintendo, Microsoft, Sony. I see Mario, Zelda, Uncharted, Resident Evil, Gears of War, Alan Wake, Heavy Rain, etc. Play games, not companies.
#59Altair718Posted 12/21/2012 1:20:43 AM
Arn544 posted...

I play my 3DS in public pretty regularly, and I have no problems getting laid. Then again, I'm not a guy.
On topic: I think 3D Land's all right from I played, but I wouldn't consider it best Mario game ever.
---
Pkmn Black 2 FC: 348305749358 pm before adding. Together we fight, together we live.-Fire Emblem
#60mjc0961Posted 12/21/2012 1:52:20 AM(edited)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36IgjXkSoPM

NSMB2 is a far better game, and if I'm playing any Mario on my 3DS, it will always be NSMB2 and never SM3DL.

Godstriker8 posted...
Too easy
Mario controls weird
Having to play the whole game twice to get the final level
Simplistic level design
Feels stale

Just my opinion, but those are my main problems with the game

I disagree. You have to play the whole game four times to get to the final level. It's so easy that the modified versions of the levels in the special part that you also have to beat don't feel any different than playing the main game, so beat regular world as Mario + beat special world which feels like an exact replay of regular world as Mario + beat regular world as Luigi + beat special world as Luigi = four c***ing times. The game is VERY short on actual content so they make you play through it 4 times to try and make the painfully short game seem longer, but that only manages to highlight the simplistic level design and too easy problems you mentioned instead.

Also you forgot the horrible camera angles and no camera adjustment that frequently force you to make blind jumps. Here's a hint Nintendo: 3D doesn't help tell how far away a platform is when how much 3D you have changes how far away the platform looks, it only makes it HARDER to tell how big of a jump I need! Just let us move the goddamn camera!
---
"Jak and Daxter does not have a sequel so that doesn't prove anything." - DesperateMonkey