3DS XL Upgrade Deals? (That allow a system transfer)

#1Zero1478Posted 12/23/2012 4:22:15 AM
Hey everyone. So I've tried the XL at Gamestop and it feels fantastic. I was initially turned off by the bigger screen since the resolution is locked but after reading several reviews it seems that this is surprisingly not an issue for most people. Some seemed to think certain games looked better. The one at Gamestop may have been slightly mistreated but NSMB2 didn't look that great (probably because the system was locked in place).

I'm pretty convinced it's the best way to go since the larger screens are probably just overall better for playing long term. What I want to know is if Gamestop or any other retailers are still offering deals for trading in your 3DS for an XL. I know Gamestop is offering extra trade in credit for traded in systems, but I don't think there is anything that helps towards the purchase of a new console like they did in August/September.

To put it short, for those who have upgraded, how did you make your upgrade and did you factor in selling your original 3DS (if you had one).

Thanks in advanced. I dig this board.
---
3DS: Greg, 3222-5665-7596
PSN: vagabond251
#290sRetroGamingPosted 12/23/2012 9:17:07 AM
Zero1478 posted...
Hey everyone. So I've tried the XL at Gamestop and it feels fantastic. I was initially turned off by the bigger screen since the resolution is locked but after reading several reviews it seems that this is surprisingly not an issue for most people. Some seemed to think certain games looked better. The one at Gamestop may have been slightly mistreated but NSMB2 didn't look that great (probably because the system was locked in place).

I'm pretty convinced it's the best way to go since the larger screens are probably just overall better for playing long term. What I want to know is if Gamestop or any other retailers are still offering deals for trading in your 3DS for an XL. I know Gamestop is offering extra trade in credit for traded in systems, but I don't think there is anything that helps towards the purchase of a new console like they did in August/September.

To put it short, for those who have upgraded, how did you make your upgrade and did you factor in selling your original 3DS (if you had one).

Thanks in advanced. I dig this board.

For me i didn't sell my original at all. i just took advantage of both Best Buy and Target's deal about two weeks ago. in the same week Best Buy was selling ALL 3DS XL's for $159.99 and Target was giving away a free $20 GC with purchase of the MK7/3DS XL holiday bundle.

I priced matched the MK7/3DS XL holiday bundle at Target for $159.99 and then the free $20 GC they were offering rang up automatically. then i used a Target printable coupon where if you spent at least $50+ you'd recieve a free $10 GC. got that one as well.

Got my MK7/3DS XL holiday bundle for $159.99 + $30 in free GC's. for whatever reason they also charged me tax off of $129.99 instead of the full $159.99. so i saved another $2.40 in tax (NYS 8%). hell i'm not complaining about that! lol.

Was one of the best deals ever! :D.
---
"OldSchoolGaming4Life" on YT/"90sRetroGaming" on mariokartwii.com