Suggest an upcoming game to me for vacation & street pass contest!

#1PyjamaHeroPosted 12/23/2012 8:01:31 AM
This thread has two purposes.

I'll be headed to Orlando, Florida for a week and a half starting January 31st. I'd like to pick up something new for my 3DS before I leave town and I don't feel like sniffing out release dates. I don't care if it's a DL game or cartridge. I like a lot of different kinds of games. For 3DS I have NSMB2, Paper Mario, Star Fox, Code of Princess, Super Mario 3D Land and Kid Icarus. I'm also an ambassador and have tons of DL games. Let's stick to upcoming titles or something that may have fallen through the cracks because it didn't get a lot of press.

Acceptable genre include: Action, RPG, Adventure, Puzzle, Platformer, Shooter. No sports, no FPS (with only one nub) no Fighting. It's a pretty safe bet if the game is released and I want it I've got it but if you've got a hidden gem let me know.

Secondly I'll have my 3DS everywhere with me on this trip. Here's the contest. Price is right rules (i.e. no same number guesses, closest without going over) duplicate guesses result in immediate disqualification. NO level 15 or lower accounts.

HOW MANY STREET PASSES WILL I GET?

I'm staying in Fort Wilderness Campground on Walt Disney World property. This means I'll be taking their provided transportation everywhere (exposure to lots of people) and I'll be visiting all 4 theme parks and many other attractions. Whoever gets the closest guess without going over will get a $20 Amazon gift card emailed directly to them NO STRINGS ATTACHED. I don't want you to visit my website or follow me on twitter. I've been very sick the past few months and people have shown extreme kindness to me and now I get to go to Disney World like an 80's Super Bowl MVP. I thought I'd pay a little bit forward.

I'll provide a daily tally of all my Street Passes including where I've visited. Obviously if it's warm I may end up at the pool or a waterpark and Street Pass opportunities will be scarce. I'm sure this topic will float away before it's time to start updating it but I'll bump it from time to time so people can get me game suggestions and enter their guesses. Have fun guys!
---
A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams.
#2iMURDAuPosted 12/23/2012 9:15:34 AM
I'll be the first to guess. I have no clue how long you will be there but I'm going to throw 127 up on the board.

My game suggestions are Resident Evil Revelations and Advance Wars: Days of Ruin. They aren't new but they're good.
---
"I'm saying people outside GameFAQs didn't care when Mega Man Legends 3 was cancelled." horror_spooky
3DS FC: 1977-1514-4983, PM if you add me
#3aamotPosted 12/23/2012 9:25:06 AM(edited)
78 street passes. I'd recommend Resident Evil Revelations too, though I'm sure you're aware of it. It's a very good game, especially if you're into Resident Evil in any form. A ~15 hour campaign, New Game + incentives, and an additional Raid Mode that rivals (almost surpasses) the campaign mode in terms of content and replayability (and online / local co-op).

I'd recommend The Denpa Men (3DS download title) too. It'd be kind of entertaining searching around Orlando for those little floating Denpa Men. The game is fun, too.

I hope you've recovering well enough to make the most out of this awesome free trip!
---
chrisAAMO | 2938_5923_5833
#4PyjamaHero(Topic Creator)Posted 12/23/2012 9:30:31 AM
I'll be there from jan 31-feb 12.

Is revelations more like the old or new RE? I didn't try it because I haven't been too fond of the more action oriented RE games but if it's even more along the lines of 4 I'll give it a go. Also I have downloaded Denpa Men and haven't really played it, but seeing as the entire property has wifi I'm sure I can track down some good ones.

Thanks guys!
---
#5Gamemaster64Posted 12/23/2012 9:33:01 AM
Close to the old.

I say 20 and get Devil Survivor: Overclocked.

Over 100hrs to do everything and you might want to print out a condensed guide of getting each ending if you don't have access to internet.
---
Not much of potato he said but potato he wrote.
#6Prince_PyroPosted 12/23/2012 9:37:48 AM
PyjamaHero posted...

Is revelations more like the old or new RE? I didn't try it because I haven't been too fond of the more action oriented RE games but if it's even more along the lines of 4 I'll give it a go. Also I have downloaded Denpa Men and haven't really played it, but seeing as the entire property has wifi I'm sure I can track down some good ones.

Thanks guys!

It's definitely more in line with some of the older Resident Evil games, only without the tank-like controls. It doesn't have the massive set pieces of the two most recent main series games, but it does feature multiple storylines.

All in all, it's easily the best Resident Evil game since 4. I'd definitely suggest picking it up.

Also, 42 streetpasses.
Have fun on your trip! =]
---
[=[3DS]=] FC: 0946-2412-9538
[o+[___].::] Now playing: Harvest Moon: A New Beginning. Name: Joel. Farm name: Clover Farm. Add me, but please PM if you do!
#7aamotPosted 12/23/2012 9:45:02 AM(edited)
RE:R is closest to RE4, but with a return to the claustrophobic environments and zombie / scientific storylines of older games. Without a Circle Pad Pro, the game controls much more like a survival horror and less like a third-person-shooter. Very claustrophobic, no "battle music" whenever enemies appear, and ammo / herbs are more of a scarcity than in RE5/6.

The story and characters feel a lot more grounded in "realism" than RE5's overly Power Rangerish villains and gestures.
---
chrisAAMO | 2938_5923_5833
#8zachammerPosted 12/23/2012 9:48:33 AM
PyjamaHero posted...

Thanks guys!

If you liked 4, I really doubt you won't like RE:R. They are closest in the series, gameplay-wise, to eachother (minus your partner dying, the chums in RE:R are undefeatable statues). You can find it for ~$20 and I can't recommend it enough. Some people complain about controls (I love the control scheme) but their ails were cured with the circle pad pro, so if you do pick it up, know there is that option as well.

It has plenty of "...ooooh **** 3 rounds left? This sucker better drop soon!!" moments, as well as little side-story rambo-esque missions where you are given tons of ammo. Toss in one of the best online experiences on 3ds (also playable offline) complete with customizable weapons, multiple characters to level, etc. And you have a winner.
---
There's no sense in praying to he who is slaving you.
PSN:Zachammer666 3DS FC: 1504-7136-2150
#9strongo9Posted 12/23/2012 9:51:10 AM
Get Mario Kart 7. I predict 132 streetpasses.
---
Want Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, Rayman Legends, and Bioshock Infinite.
i7-2670qm @ 2.2ghz | 6GB DDR3 | 1GB Geforce 540m
#10PyjamaHero(Topic Creator)Posted 12/23/2012 10:00:40 AM
For some reasons I can't edit my OP so I'll post this now. DON'T edit your posts with guesses in them. I've screen shotted what's happened so far so those who've posted already can't but as we go along I'm going to disqualify anyone who edits a post with a guess so your best bet will be if you want to chat about a game post it separately from your guess. That way you can edit your game suggestions to your hearts content without getting tossed out of the contest.
---