seems to be a lot of mega man fans on this board...

#1Denizen_Of_DarkPosted 12/23/2012 4:10:54 PM
How much support, if any at all, does the legends series have for a port to the 3ds? No right analog means probably not right? Never played a legends game, but i watched some walkthroughs on 1 n 2 and it would be cool to run thru em(i would wanna play both for story purposes). They look pretty cool, and prolly didmt sell well here at first because it was too anime for the u.s..... i think the concept of a mega man legends of zelda is great n it looks to work well in practice. So yea any news? Maybe if capcom does rerelease this for 3ds n it does well they might wanna finish legends 3!
---
Warfriends: You must be lonely, unless you are a female; which in that case u are merely a figment of my imagination
check quote for XBL GT
#2MrKunioPosted 12/23/2012 4:34:04 PM
Blue Bomber forever!!

Legends was really cool since it was the first kinda sandboxy MM game I had ever played back in the day!

And you had to work to get your helmet!
---
Official Mr. Bousouzoku 1986
3DS Fc: Mr. Kunio - 3437-4087-1475
#3so64Posted 12/23/2012 4:36:53 PM
To be fair, MM 1 worked perfectly fine on the Nintendo 64 and that only had one analogue stick.
---
I am insane. Somethings I say may not make sense. Please take heed. www.brokencontrollers.com Why can't we give love that one more chance? 3DS FC:5327-0905-8783
#4Denizen_Of_Dark(Topic Creator)Posted 12/23/2012 4:50:36 PM
so64 posted...
To be fair, MM 1 worked perfectly fine on the Nintendo 64 and that only had one analogue stick.

Well in that case, bring it on!
---
Warfriends: You must be lonely, unless you are a female; which in that case u are merely a figment of my imagination
check quote for XBL GT
#5Darkwing EXEPosted 12/23/2012 4:55:50 PM
Denizen_Of_Dark posted...
How much support, if any at all, does the legends series have for a port to the 3ds? No right analog means probably not right? Never played a legends game, but i watched some walkthroughs on 1 n 2 and it would be cool to run thru em(i would wanna play both for story purposes). They look pretty cool, and prolly didmt sell well here at first because it was too anime for the u.s..... i think the concept of a mega man legends of zelda is great n it looks to work well in practice. So yea any news? Maybe if capcom does rerelease this for 3ds n it does well they might wanna finish legends 3!

They were really overlooked for being different from the 2-D platformer MM games. If you like 3D Zelda games and/or games with some Sand-Box traits, you'll like the Megaman Legends series.
---
"That's the way it works. I, the star, take a beating; then muster uncommon strength, and win." -Haze Shenron
www.rockman-dash.com/1125.jpg
#6n00bsaib0tPosted 12/23/2012 5:01:39 PM
No right analog means probably not right?

Its been quite a few years since I played them, but I don't remember the analog sticks being required. I never owned a dual shock until I got a PS2 but I played these on PS1.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#7Prince_PyroPosted 12/23/2012 5:08:41 PM
Yeah, the Legends games were fantastic.

The voice acting was hit or miss, but apart from that it looked and sounded amazing for its time. The gameplay/controls were solid, the lock-on battle mechanic was aces, the exploration/unlocks were handled extremely well, and there were plenty of secrets and whatnot to keep the game feeling fresh during multiple playthroughs. Everything about the game retained the signature Mega Man feeling, while presenting it in an entirely new dimension.

The best comparison I could make would be to liken it to the evolution from Super Mario World to Super Mario 64.
---
[=[3DS]=] FC: 0946-2412-9538
[o+[___].::] Now playing: Harvest Moon: A New Beginning. Name: Joel. Farm name: Clover Farm. Add me, but please PM if you do!
#8Prince_PyroPosted 12/23/2012 5:14:43 PM
n00bsaib0t posted...

Its been quite a few years since I played them, but I don't remember the analog sticks being required. I never owned a dual shock until I got a PS2 but I played these on PS1.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the camera was controlled by the shoulder buttons.
---
[=[3DS]=] FC: 0946-2412-9538
[o+[___].::] Now playing: Harvest Moon: A New Beginning. Name: Joel. Farm name: Clover Farm. Add me, but please PM if you do!
#9Darkwing EXEPosted 12/23/2012 5:57:23 PM
Prince_Pyro posted...
n00bsaib0t posted...

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the camera was controlled by the shoulder buttons.

The camera was fixed behind the player, almost like an first person view. The shoulder buttons was to turn left and right. Legends 1 was released before the dual shock controller, so you had to used Lock-On button to look up & down.
MML2 used the right analog for that as well as turn(which you can still do with the L1 and R1). A 3DS port had have the D-pad work the camera up and down, and Lock-on could be holding both shoulder buttons, the same as in N64 version.
---
"That's the way it works. I, the star, take a beating; then muster uncommon strength, and win." -Haze Shenron
www.rockman-dash.com/1125.jpg
#10AkaneJonesPosted 12/23/2012 6:01:18 PM
Mega Man Legends 1 & 2 was ported to PSP and released in Japan. There was no western release because of a; Sony's issues with ports that obstructed Breath of Fire 3 in the US b; there are issues with the original voices and relicensing them c; it's PSP and even the good remakes didn't do well. I don't see a port happening now that Legends 3 was killed.

A chance of a remake of 1 and 2 using the frame work they had set in place also seems slim. Even if they could make $40 version with new dubbing and improved controls in the time schedule they wanted for MML3, but with all the content pre-designed in the existing version of the game on the cheap. The thing is I doubt it even if it was more economical then them making MML3 again, and would be better good will to the fans that got burned over the whole thing.

In the end we should just get Capcom to port over Mega Man Powered Up & Maverick Hunters. At leased then they can considered making Powered Up 2 & Maverick Hunters 2, something people might actually want of Mega Man, without the issues that are know with the others. The problem is they can't even put up Mega Man V, or Xtrem 1 & 2, the games people really want on the eShop. So trust is a little off on Capcom, but I guess Mega Man 6 coming VC is something it was getting the shaft of the NES entries.