seems to be a lot of mega man fans on this board...

#11Darkwing EXEPosted 12/23/2012 7:04:27 PM
AkaneJones posted...
Mega Man Legends 1 & 2 was ported to PSP and released in Japan. There was no western release because of a; Sony's issues with ports that obstructed Breath of Fire 3 in the US b; there are issues with the original voices and relicensing them c; it's PSP and even the good remakes didn't do well. I don't see a port happening now that Legends 3 was killed.

There was a BoF3 port too? And Sony just said no? SOB!

A chance of a remake of 1 and 2 using the frame work they had set in place also seems slim. Even if they could make $40 version with new dubbing and improved controls in the time schedule they wanted for MML3, but with all the content pre-designed in the existing version of the game on the cheap. The thing is I doubt it even if it was more economical then them making MML3 again, and would be better good will to the fans that got burned over the whole thing.

It would take a bit of time to make them suitable for the 3DS. It's more likely they'll redub them and port them to the PS3. But I still think they should just release the Legends 3 Protoype and pick things up later.

In the end we should just get Capcom to port over Mega Man Powered Up & Maverick Hunters. At leased then they can considered making Powered Up 2 & Maverick Hunters 2, something people might actually want of Mega Man, without the issues that are know with the others. The problem is they can't even put up Mega Man V, or Xtrem 1 & 2, the games people really want on the eShop. So trust is a little off on Capcom, but I guess Mega Man 6 coming VC is something it was getting the shaft of the NES entries.

MMPU and XMH do need a lot of attention too. Truth of the matter, if they continue going retro route, they need to make the next one as in-depth as MMPU was. Trade-able stage editor, playable bosses, and might some kinda of multi-player system.
---
"That's the way it works. I, the star, take a beating; then muster uncommon strength, and win." -Haze Shenron
www.rockman-dash.com/1125.jpg
#12n00bsaib0tPosted 12/23/2012 7:22:56 PM
MMPU and XMH do need a lot of attention too. Truth of the matter, if they continue going retro route, they need to make the next one as in-depth as MMPU was. Trade-able stage editor, playable bosses, and might some kinda of multi-player system.

I like the way you think. And I would buy a new system to play a multi-player Mega Man title. Could you imagine Mega Man, Proto Man, Bass and Roll running through one stage NSMBW style? Even better if you can play as robot masters after you beat them like MMPU.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile