buying devil survivor overclocked from gamestop

#1zavlinzPosted 12/23/2012 4:39:09 PM
so i decided to buy devil survivor overclocked earlier, i find at a gamestop for 29.99 new, I buy it, open it up, and theres a sticker right on the cartridge that says "17.99" and theres some dirt on it. In short, please dont give your business to gamestop, they really dont deserve it.
#2MrKunioPosted 12/23/2012 4:46:52 PM
Dude you are the customer, go back and complain. If they dont split the difference, return it and never go back.

You still have a chance. I hate gamestop too btw , but sometimes theres no other option.
---
Official Mr. Bousouzoku 1986
3DS Fc: Mr. Kunio - 3437-4087-1475
#3Prince_PyroPosted 12/23/2012 4:50:43 PM(edited)
This specific type of problem can be circumvented by making sure your "new" games are factory sealed. If you go to buy a "new" game from GameStop (or any other new and used game retailer) and see them putting an opened game in your case, you can either:

A) ask them for a sealed copy (with a Y-fold, not heat shrink wrapping),
B) insist that you be charged the used price for an obviously opened product, or
C) simply don't buy it.

While your exact experience is undoubtedly crappy, telling others not to buy from them is relatively unproductive. Not all GameStops are that bad. I've got good friends at my local store, and I've never had that happen to me. It's really just easier to double-check while you're in store than to be frustrated and let it ruin your day.

Also, there's a customer satisfaction survey on every receipt. Just fill that out, it's bound to do more good than complaining here...
---
[=[3DS]=] FC: 0946-2412-9538
[o+[___].::] Now playing: Harvest Moon: A New Beginning. Name: Joel. Farm name: Clover Farm. Add me, but please PM if you do!
#4zavlinz(Topic Creator)Posted 12/23/2012 4:49:12 PM
im thinking about going back tomorrow to complain, but the drive is out of my way and its a big pain... kicking myself for not checking before i left.
#5Prince_PyroPosted 12/23/2012 4:53:09 PM
zavlinz posted...
im thinking about going back tomorrow to complain, but the drive is out of my way and its a big pain... kicking myself for not checking before i left.

I would seriously suggest doing this on principal alone.

It's one thing to sell a game as "new" when you're removing all the case's contents and storing them safely aside to display the box. It's another thing entirely to try to pass off an obviously used game as new at the expense of your customers.
---
[o+[___].::] Now playing: Harvest Moon: A New Beginning. Name: Joel. Farm name: Clover Farm. Add me, but please PM if you do!
#6zavlinz(Topic Creator)Posted 12/23/2012 5:08:16 PM
it didnt even dawn on me until now: theres no book. Yeah im going to complain. Sigh.
#7Prince_PyroPosted 12/23/2012 5:13:22 PM
zavlinz posted...
it didnt even dawn on me until now: theres no book. Yeah im going to complain. Sigh.

Yeah, I'm sorry to hear it, man... That's really no way to treat paying customers.

Take note of the name of the person who sold it to you, it should be on the receipt. Also, see if you can discuss it with the store manager, since the decision to sell games in that manner is not typically made by regular store staff.

Perhaps there's another GameStop nearby that you could go to instead? If not, Best Buy does new and used game sales now, too.
---
#8NewportBox100sPosted 12/23/2012 5:14:46 PM
Should have went with Amazon mane
---
http://i49.tinypic.com/2dszfc.jpg
twitter.com/ChaseBurr
#9zavlinz(Topic Creator)Posted 12/23/2012 5:51:31 PM
NewportBox100s posted...
Should have went with Amazon mane

youre right, i got impulsive.
And i think im going to try calling first when they open in the morning, and i'll make sure to ask for a manager. Unfortunately this was the only gamestop that had it new in a semi-reasonable distance. But if they refund the difference (and the game works) then i guess il be happy.
#10LightHawKnightPosted 12/23/2012 5:54:18 PM
It is GS! Think! Should have checked on principle.
---
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."