buying devil survivor overclocked from gamestop

#11zavlinz(Topic Creator)Posted 12/24/2012 8:59:40 AM
update: i went back this morning and they apologized and replaced it with a real new game and manual. So, happy ending :)
Still, i really wish they wouldnt open their new games.
#12DynamicJumpIuffPosted 12/24/2012 9:03:40 AM

Mine doesn't.

Then again, my GameStop is pretty cool.
---
The official Lilim of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
"I thank you for arousing me" - Beruga, Terranigma
#13Prince_PyroPosted 12/24/2012 9:06:15 AM
zavlinz posted...
update: i went back this morning and they apologized and replaced it with a real new game and manual. So, happy ending :)

Success! =]

The reason they open their new games makes sense; they just shouldn't try to sell obviously used games as new.
---
[=[3DS]=] FC: 0946-2412-9538
[o+[___].::] Now playing: Harvest Moon: A New Beginning. Name: Joel. Farm name: Clover Farm. Add me, but please PM if you do!
#14ptreemf12Posted 12/24/2012 9:12:09 AM
I bought the "display" copy of Dark Souls from gamestop on launch day. The game was sold to me as new and was 60 dollars, but it was open.

It kind of bugged me, but I bought it directly from the manager (who is awesome) and I trust him. It was the last copy, and was spotless, so everything worked out in the end. Looking back I should have pre-ordered the game, but it was kind of an impulsive purchase at the time anyway.

I too wish they wouldn't do this, but if you know some of the employees or manager they will take care of you.
---
White FC [Panda]: 3783 - 6584 - 4908
White 2 FC [Liz]: 2666 - 9974 - 6792
#1590sRetroGamingPosted 12/24/2012 11:03:50 AM
No you SHOULDN'T HAVE TO do this but whenever.. and if ever i buy something from Gamestop (which is used only btw) i ALWAYS ask "can i check and make sure everything is included?". i haven't been told "no you can't" once and they let me check the whole package and if everything is there (manuals/paperwork, CN codes/promotionals, etc) i'll buy it.

I recently did this at Gamestop with Brain Age's DS 1 & 2 and Tetris DS. all three where complete with each and every piece of paperwork they originally came with and all three came with their original CN code sheets (unused).

Best thing to do is to check what your buying first if it's opened. again not saying you should have to but this is just what i personally like to do before comitting to a purchase. just thought this might help you later on! ^_^.
---
"OldSchoolGaming4Life" on YT/"90sRetroGaming" on mariokartwii.com
#16PlaysaverPosted 12/24/2012 1:04:56 PM(edited)
Sometimes a clerk won't look hard enough and puts a used one in the box instead of the one that's never been used. That only happens when they have a new one that is on the shelf opened but is the last one, and they also have at least one used one around.
Just think someone may have bought that game used and gotten the new one that was supposed to have been saved for your box.
Bring it back and get the full refund if they don't have the once that's supposed to be new.