Possibly getting ready to purchase Art Academy Lessons for Everyone on the eShop

#190sRetroGamingPosted 12/26/2012 10:22:44 AM
So i can also get Donkey Kong: Original Edition. but first i need to know.. how many actual playable levels are in the game?. i'm hearing only a total of four and that's it! is this true?. that's it and the game is finished?!? O_o. i haven't played the arcade version at an actual arcade since i was little in the 90's so i don't really remember! lol.
---
"OldSchoolGaming4Life" on YT/"90sRetroGaming" on mariokartwii.com
#2ChiefDamonGantPosted 12/26/2012 10:35:29 AM
The original NES Donkey Kong is an arcade game. It only has four levels that loop indefinitely.
A lot of the earlier home releases of the game are missing a level and this version is touted as returning it to make it accurate to the arcade version.

You might be thinking of the Gameboy Donkey Kong game. It includes the original 4 levels as a starter, but then has an entire puzzle adventure game following it.
---
3DS Friend Code: 0001-3567-2030
passid.ca/zai
#390sRetroGaming(Topic Creator)Posted 12/26/2012 10:43:41 AM
ChiefDamonGant posted...
The original NES Donkey Kong is an arcade game. It only has four levels that loop indefinitely.
A lot of the earlier home releases of the game are missing a level and this version is touted as returning it to make it accurate to the arcade version.

You might be thinking of the Gameboy Donkey Kong game. It includes the original 4 levels as a starter, but then has an entire puzzle adventure game following it.

So do you think it worth getting a full priced digital retail game for only four levels?. i could get AALFE cheaper physically (around $20ish.. i actually want and was going to get AALFE btw lol) but Nintendo says DK:OE won't be availible for purchase later on past this promotion. i don't really know what to do! :(.
---
#4Dark MousyPosted 12/26/2012 11:00:28 AM
I got art academy for the donkey Kong game and I enjoy both. I have no art skills, but I'm so proud of the drawings and paintings I have done. And its donkey Kong, so of course its fun, even if its simple!
---
PSN: Alchemix19
3DS: 1590-4954-3719
#590sRetroGaming(Topic Creator)Posted 12/26/2012 11:18:32 AM(edited)
Dark Mousy posted...
I got art academy for the donkey Kong game and I enjoy both. I have no art skills, but I'm so proud of the drawings and paintings I have done. And its donkey Kong, so of course its fun, even if its simple!

That's awsome!. i'm no artist either but i definatly enjoy trying to be creative whichever way possible! :D. for some reason i could draw better when i was younger but now at 29.. not so much! lol. i have really enjoyed Colors! 3D since the summer and want to try something deeper like AALFE :).

Only four levels in DK:OE (or in any game for that matter) is mind-boggling akward and short but i do enjoy repeated playthoughs! :). i think i'll go for it and pick up DK 94' as well to compliment it! ^_^. thanks guys!.

Btw, is there anyway i can see some of your drawing's?. i'd love to see them! :). does the AALFE support the spotpass and streetpass features?.
---
#6Dark MousyPosted 12/26/2012 12:31:54 PM
I sent you a pm.
---
PSN: Alchemix19
3DS: 1590-4954-3719
#7RemixDeluxePosted 12/26/2012 12:43:47 PM
I'm either confused or misled by the TC's topic title. Is he/she gonna buy everyone here on the 3DS board a game on the eShop or not?
---
It all starts with this, a jewel containing the ultimate power.
-Shadow the Hedgehog
#890sRetroGaming(Topic Creator)Posted 12/26/2012 12:48:38 PM
Remixdeluxe posted...
I'm either confused or misled by the TC's topic title. Is he/she gonna buy everyone here on the 3DS board a game on the eShop or not?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ja0jS_toKxk

:D
---
#990sRetroGaming(Topic Creator)Posted 12/26/2012 12:49:32 PM
Dark Mousy posted...
I sent you a pm.

Replied! :D
---
#10RemixDeluxePosted 12/26/2012 12:50:47 PM
90sRetroGaming posted...
Remixdeluxe posted...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ja0jS_toKxk

:D

So your a welcher?
---
It all starts with this, a jewel containing the ultimate power.
-Shadow the Hedgehog