What do you consider the biggest gaming disappointment of 2012?

#21StealthlysPosted 12/26/2012 5:06:47 PM
ponyseizures posted...
SMASHKING84 posted...
Sticker Star hands down. As if it wasn't bad enough they made another pm game that's not really a pm game,the game also bored the crap out of me.

I thought Paper Mario was fine before Super Paper Mario. I enjoyed the series. But Sticker Star was the first mario game I ever played that I couldn't finish. It's sitting on myself collecting dust and everyday I ask myself if I should just sell it and move on.

If I could tolerate SPM to the end, will I enjoy sticker star?
#22SMASHKING84Posted 12/26/2012 5:10:43 PM
Honestly i enjoyed spm a lot more then sticker star. However i would say that the fanbase is split on which of the two is better.
I will say that spm had a good story and if that's important at all to you sticker star is not the game for you.

I will say sticker star is probably the hardest game in the series. I just felt that the game was boring even with that fact.
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon ppl who agree:3
Pokemon Black 2 [OU rules player] Rosa:4170-2970-6954 PM Me if you add me.
#23SoeroahPosted 12/26/2012 5:11:01 PM
The console war thing didn't die out.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQ9Km7WW2aE
Best console war summary ever. TL;DR version at 2:05.
#24MrKunioPosted 12/26/2012 5:11:37 PM
Heroes of Ruin.

Was psyched for this game until it was released first in the UK. Then after reading all the terrible reviews and posts about it, i decided it wasnt worth my time.

Played the demo and gave up after 10 minutes because it wasnt my cup of tea.

When i see it sitting on shelves i laugh, and hope that other game companies never make the same mistake.
---
Official Mr. Bousouzoku 1986
3DS Fc: Mr. Kunio - 3437-4087-1475
#25ponyseizures(Topic Creator)Posted 12/26/2012 5:16:56 PM
Stealthlys posted...
ponyseizures posted...
SMASHKING84 posted...
Sticker Star hands down. As if it wasn't bad enough they made another pm game that's not really a pm game,the game also bored the crap out of me.

I thought Paper Mario was fine before Super Paper Mario. I enjoyed the series. But Sticker Star was the first mario game I ever played that I couldn't finish. It's sitting on myself collecting dust and everyday I ask myself if I should just sell it and move on.

I finished Super Paper Mario. At least Super Paper Mario had an awesome pretty in-depth story. Couldn't stand Sticker Star and had to drop it not even 25% into the game. Gameplay is terrible. So is the story, if you can call it that. It's different for anyone I guess. But I discourage it.
#26NorthernDruidPosted 12/26/2012 5:17:36 PM
No FFType-0 localization.
---
The best plans are the ones that don't work unless you wing it along the way. -Skandrae
Support Project Crystallis! http://projectcrystallis.org/
#27StealthlysPosted 12/26/2012 5:24:55 PM
ponyseizures posted...
Stealthlys posted...
ponyseizures posted...
SMASHKING84 posted...

I finished Super Paper Mario. At least Super Paper Mario had an awesome pretty in-depth story. Couldn't stand Sticker Star and had to drop it not even 25% into the game. Gameplay is terrible. So is the story, if you can call it that. It's different for anyone I guess. But I discourage it.

*sigh*

Witty dialogue is what made Paper Mario so good as well. What the **** was nintendo thinking, after SPM.

"we need to evolve paper mario somehow so lets go backwards, and not have dialogue, or a plot"

As for the story IMO spm is the only one with a story.
#28CommanderxGreenPosted 12/26/2012 5:25:53 PM
Galaxy_Nova posted...
eshop: 6 or 7 megaman games right of the bat, while western audience have to wait through separate gaps of time after each is released individually, BS!

You know, in Japan the NES Rockman games were released individually, too. It was basically one game per month starting in June or July. Then in December they were all on sale, but you still had to buy them individually.

For me it's Pokemon Black/White 2. I loved the original Pokemon Black/White. I don't know why they took such a fun, unique game in the Pokemon series and made such a boring "sequel." It was like playing Black/White again, just instead of the regular plot and objective, there were odd, out-of-place post-game scenarios. They brought back old Pokemon, but you still had to fight the same species over and over and over again. It completely missed the point. And everyone keeps treating you like you're the Version 1 protagonist, even though you had nothing to do with any of that. Just meh.
#29Lord_FroodPosted 12/26/2012 5:28:26 PM
DMC: Devil May Cry being announced.
---
Her name is Koko, she is loco, I said oh no!
Official Something or Other of That One Group
#30CloudisthebestPosted 12/26/2012 5:30:35 PM
Overall: pretty much anything Capcom did (or didn't do).
---
'03 Mustang GT- Flowmaster exhaust, Maximum Motorsports subframe connectors, strut tower brace, k-member brace...
PSN: officersweetpant