What do you consider the biggest gaming disappointment of 2012?

#31Enix BelmontPosted 12/26/2012 4:35:49 PM
Resident Evil 6 or Ninja Gaiden 3. Surprisingly, neither are even in the top 5 worst games I've played this year. Maybe not even top 10.
---
http://i38.tinypic.com/15mk29j.jpg
#32SMASHKING84Posted 12/26/2012 4:41:14 PM
Stealthlys posted...
ponyseizures posted...
Stealthlys posted...
ponyseizures posted...
SMASHKING84 posted...
Sticker Star hands down. As if it wasn't bad enough they made another pm game that's not really a pm game,the game also bored the crap out of me.

I thought Paper Mario was fine before Super Paper Mario. I enjoyed the series. But Sticker Star was the first mario game I ever played that I couldn't finish. It's sitting on myself collecting dust and everyday I ask myself if I should just sell it and move on.

If I could tolerate SPM to the end, will I enjoy sticker star?

I finished Super Paper Mario. At least Super Paper Mario had an awesome pretty in-depth story. Couldn't stand Sticker Star and had to drop it not even 25% into the game. Gameplay is terrible. So is the story, if you can call it that. It's different for anyone I guess. But I discourage it.

*sigh*

Witty dialogue is what made Paper Mario so good as well. What the **** was nintendo thinking, after SPM.

"we need to evolve paper mario somehow so lets go backwards, and not have dialogue, or a plot"

As for the story IMO spm is the only one with a story.

no, just no. Seriously i was set to agree with your entire post but then you had imply pmttyd had a bad story...
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon ppl who agree:3
Pokemon Black 2 [OU rules player] Rosa:4170-2970-6954 PM Me if you add me.
#33WiseWarrior101Posted 12/26/2012 4:43:06 PM
Paper Mario: Sticker Star, easily.
---
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 0173-1411-9831
1 hungry spider + 1 hungry spider: 1 fat spider
#34malfionPosted 12/26/2012 4:46:12 PM
No Animal Crossing being released here.
---
http://i.imgflip.com/5mil.gif
#35StealthlysPosted 12/26/2012 4:54:26 PM(edited)
no, just no. Seriously i was set to agree with your entire post but then you had imply pmttyd had a bad story...

I did not imply it as bad. But I personally think the sub-stories are great, as for the main plot in TTYD 1000 year old demon awakes, and the x-nauts/villains kidnap peach again.

But then again, I shouldn't just brush it off as non-existent.
#36greaterspherePosted 12/26/2012 4:58:48 PM
Capcom
---
Batman: You want to know something funny? Even after everything you've done, I would have saved you.
The Joker: [laughs, coughs] Actually that is pretty funny.
#37smurphyzekePosted 12/26/2012 5:00:17 PM
NSMB2 was a disappointment, especially with DLC

3DS games I haven't played that seem like disappointments, Sticker Star and Prof Layton, the latter mainly as I rarely heard anyone talk about it.
---
Mario Kart Wii FC: smurphyzeke 0517-0905-4905
#38ponyseizures(Topic Creator)Posted 12/26/2012 5:08:32 PM
smurphyzeke posted...
NSMB2 was a disappointment, especially with DLC

3DS games I haven't played that seem like disappointments, Sticker Star and Prof Layton, the latter mainly as I rarely heard anyone talk about it.

Ahhhhhhh!
How did I forget?

NSMB2 was unforgivably terrible. I'd buy NSMB for $40 before I ever bought that game again. I don't even want to get started.

Professor Layton I had no problem with, although I thought things were pretty easy to figure out in that game. Maybe just a lack of challenge to the story.
#39EkaruPosted 12/26/2012 5:09:47 PM
WiseWarrior101 posted...
Paper Mario: Sticker Star, easily.

Apparently it was going to play just like TTYD but then Miyamoto came in and went, "PEOPLE DON'T WANT THAT. AND NO NEW CHARACTERS."

Anyways, the biggest gaming disappointment for me is the 3DS's shoulder buttons fully exposing their crappiness to me. Long story short I'm upgrading to a 3DS XL because I tried it and liked it a ton, and if they want me to pay $85 to repair those buttons then I might as well just upgrade.
---
3DS FC: 3050-7685-5267
PM me if you wanna play a match with me in Mario Tennis Open.
#40LostYoshiPosted 12/26/2012 5:15:53 PM
Honestly, I really liked all the 3DS games I bought this year...

But for the question, it's the news of no E.X. Troopers coming over here.
Sure, I can just import it for PS3, but on the 3DS with it's region lock, it's still disappointing.
And the most disappointing thing about the whole thing, Capcom's "excuse" just shows they are lazy...
---
Garmraid.