Ok remind me why Paper Mario Sticker Star...

#1IzanagiBlastPosted 12/26/2012 5:17:33 PM
is SO... - Results (71 votes)
DAMN GOOD!
22.54% (16 votes)
DAMN LAME!
14.08% (10 votes)
It's good,could have been better :l
40.85% (29 votes)
Meh...
21.13% (15 votes)
Other
1.41% (1 votes)
This poll is now closed.
SO DAMN GOOD :3!!!
I have played/loved most of the Paper Mario games(being TTYD my favorite) and i still haven't found why people hate this game,totally worth the 40 bucks i spent on it.
That level based system( a la Super Mario World),the achievements,all those stickers :3...wow just wow i love this game :D BTW feel free to say the opposite thing,just base your comments :)
---
US Blue/Black Ambassador 3DS XL FC:3351-4244-8930
Pokemon White 2 FC: 4857-4399-8023 Name:Dante
#2FortecrossPosted 12/26/2012 5:31:31 PM(edited)
I have never played Sticker Star, but its understandable to see why people would be hating on it. A lot of Paper Mario fans wanted an actual flowing plot, new party member characters, and a battle system that's not all about stickers. Sticker Star seems to take out most of the charm behind Paper Mario and simply leaves a fun Mario style within. I can see why people love it though : ).
---
The hammer gun from 4kids One piece is a weapon of mass destruction.
#3StealthlysPosted 12/26/2012 7:07:36 PM
Fortecross posted...
I have never played Sticker Star, but its understandable to see why people would be hating on it. A lot of Paper Mario fans wanted an actual flowing plot, new party member characters, and a battle system that's not all about stickers. Sticker Star seems to take out most of the charm behind Paper Mario and simply leaves a fun Mario style within. I can see why people love it though : ).

Its like what Bethesda did to fallout 3. Then obsidian made a better fallout nv, that actually had a plot.

Also SPM meh gameplay, just another platformer. Good dialogue yes. Good plot yes.

TTYD: Each chapter had its own plot that were well written, main plot was still peach gets kidnapped, then a 1000 old demon. Witty dialogue yes. Good gameplay yes.

PM64: The plot is pretty average, and normal mario plot. Good dialogue yea, **** man I remember tattling every room with goombario, and every enemy. Had good gameplay.

*Mean while nintendo conference*

"Okay, for sticker star, lets remove partners, witty dialogue, and after a good plot like spm lets give it no plot"
#4BrianCraigSmithPosted 12/26/2012 7:13:21 PM
It's good but could have been better

The turn-based battle system is back- that's good.
No partners - that's bad.
Mario uses stickers to attack in battle - that's good, new, and unique.
Kersti is a useless advice giver - that's bad.
The game automatically saves when you complete a level - that's good and convenient.
The game reminds you to take a break every so often - that's bad and annoying.
Gooper Blooper is a really cool boss IMO - that's good.
I lost to the Goomba boss (the 1st boss) - that's bad (I suck, I know)
Sticker Museum to fill up - that's good.
Sticker Museum to fill up - that's bad. (What's the point?)
Not my cup of tea, but the 3D looks really nice - that's good.

Overall that's not a bad thing; that's a good thing!
---
PSN: Handsomistic1
3DS: 1263-5501-9059