The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Even if it turns out okay (not saying it will) Castlevania will be hated because

#1r_m_8_8Posted 12/27/2012 2:00:54 AM
...of what it isn't, and not because of what it is. It may or may not turn out to be a decent "linear" Castlevania, but not being a 2D Metroidvania is automatically going to make tons of people hate it. That's how it works. A shame, I'm personally looking forward to it despite not loving LoS because I actually love the linear Castlevanias and the very mediocre Adventure on VC just made me want more of it.

80/80
---
Now playing: Paper Mario SS, Code of Princess, Mark of the Ninja, SFxT.
| 3DS | PS3 | PC | Wii |
#2NathanisDrakePosted 12/27/2012 2:15:56 AM
IKR
---
http://i.imgur.com/iGtSX.png http://i.cubeupload.com/F9TsUH.gif
Vita PSN : NateisD
#3AhnoldDoodPosted 12/27/2012 2:17:48 AM
The story of every fanbase.
#4r_m_8_8(Topic Creator)Posted 12/27/2012 2:18:51 AM
It is, no joke...
---
| 3DS | PS3 | PC | Wii |
#5bcorneliaPosted 12/27/2012 2:20:09 AM
Err, Mirror of Fate is going to have a Super Metroid-esque level structure you know...
---
My old account got better.
#6r_m_8_8(Topic Creator)Posted 12/27/2012 2:22:06 AM(edited)
Uh, I recall reading it was going to be similar to older, more linear Castlevania games. I'm fine either way as long as it's fun. What I'll miss is real Castlevania music, though.
---
| 3DS | PS3 | PC | Wii |
#7Enix BelmontPosted 12/27/2012 2:22:01 AM
r_m_8_8 posted...
...of what it isn't, and not because of what it is. It may or may not turn out to be a decent "linear" Castlevania, but not being a 2D Metroidvania is automatically going to make tons of people hate it. That's how it works. A shame, I'm personally looking forward to it despite not loving LoS because I actually love the linear Castlevanias and the very mediocre Adventure on VC just made me want more of it.

80/80

Adventure on WiiWare was fantastic. And I agree, most fanbases do this. But I really don't know if it'll be good. It doesn't look at all like classicvania, more of a 2D lords of shadow...Which was essentially a good GoW clone. Not what fans want, but theyre the people who buy it.

I hope it's good. I'll probably be buying it anyway.
---
http://i38.tinypic.com/15mk29j.jpg
#8r_m_8_8(Topic Creator)Posted 12/27/2012 2:25:22 AM
I'm skeptical too about its LoS-ness, and as I said I don't think this game is guaranteed to be good. But I'm optimistic that it can be a decent Castlevania game, and Simon looks insanely cool in this.
---
| 3DS | PS3 | PC | Wii |
#9Enix BelmontPosted 12/27/2012 2:32:40 AM
r_m_8_8 posted...
I'm skeptical too about its LoS-ness, and as I said I don't think this game is guaranteed to be good. But I'm optimistic that it can be a decent Castlevania game, and Simon looks insanely cool in this.

I was optimistic about Lords of Shadow and I'm one of the seemingly few hardcore castlevania fans that thought it was actually pretty good, and by far the best 3D one. So I hope for the best, too, but I can't deny part of me wants it to fail so the metroidvanias continue on handheld while LoS stays as the big console games. I feel if this does really well and succeeds, we'll never see another handheld castlevania in the old styles. It's the same thing about DmC, although that game is not nearly as bad as one of the sides say, based on the demo.
---
http://i38.tinypic.com/15mk29j.jpg
#10r_m_8_8(Topic Creator)Posted 12/27/2012 2:37:14 AM
Enix Belmont posted...
I was optimistic about Lords of Shadow and I'm one of the seemingly few hardcore castlevania fans that thought it was actually pretty good, and by far the best 3D one. So I hope for the best, too, but I can't deny part of me wants it to fail so the metroidvanias continue on handheld while LoS stays as the big console games. I feel if this does really well and succeeds, we'll never see another handheld castlevania in the old styles. It's the same thing about DmC, although that game is not nearly as bad as one of the sides say, based on the demo.

I know that feel, actually. For diversity's sake I too would prefer if we could have traditional Castlevania and LoS-ish games, not one or the other. If it makes you feel better I'm pretty sure this game isn't going to set the charts on fire.
---
| 3DS | PS3 | PC | Wii |