Even if it turns out okay (not saying it will) Castlevania will be hated because

#11BlackOrigamiSunPosted 12/27/2012 1:44:59 AM
Come on... it's not like every 3DS owner is a whiner who thinks nostalgia = quality... wait.
#12NathanisDrakePosted 12/27/2012 1:49:22 AM
BlackOrigamiSun posted...
Come on... it's not like every 3DS owner is a whiner who thinks nostalgia = quality

You would be surprised.
---
http://i.imgur.com/iGtSX.png http://i.cubeupload.com/F9TsUH.gif
Vita PSN : NateisD
#13SMASHKING84Posted 12/27/2012 2:16:11 AM
Honestly i liked the castlevania II: and while i like sotn more if this game is at LEAST as good as castlevania 2 i'll like it

I want to be clear i only played the following castlevanias.
1.Simon's quest (loved this game,probally my favorite nes game not made nintendo or capcom)
2.Dawn of Sorrow (enjoyed it except the way you had to beat bosses)
3.Portrait of Ruin

4.The wii ware game (idk why but i never liked it...) 5.Symphony of the night i'm playing this game for this first time on my vita my only real gripe is i have no idea were i'm supposed to go.

The rest of them i never played But i do plan on getting this and ooe
I want to make it clear i only like sotn more because it's an rpg.

Same reason i like rune factory more then harvest moon. I'd rather play an rpg then a non rpg.
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon ppl who agree:3
Pokemon Black 2 [OU rules player] Rosa:4170-2970-6954 PM Me if you add me.
#14lunchEATSyouPosted 12/27/2012 2:29:28 AM
Though I haven't played Lords of Shadow yet, I really liked Castlevania: Curse of Darkness. I might like this upcoming Castlevania
---
"I knew it! It's a zombie! Miss, it's illegal to be a zombie!"
#15McMarblesPosted 12/27/2012 4:33:23 AM
r_m_8_8 posted...
...of what it isn't, and not because of what it is. It may or may not turn out to be a decent "linear" Castlevania, but not being a 2D Metroidvania is automatically going to make tons of people hate it. That's how it works. A shame, I'm personally looking forward to it despite not loving LoS because I actually love the linear Castlevanias and the very mediocre Adventure on VC just made me want more of it.

80/80

I've seen that a lot lately.

*eyes threads full of people complaining that Sticker Star wasn't TYD2*
---
Currently playing: Tales of the Abyss
Rainbow Dash is best pony. Fact.
#16Lord_FroodPosted 12/27/2012 6:53:53 AM
That's not 80/80.
When will you dense denizens of GFAQs understand that you have to fill up all 80 spaces in one complete thought. Anybody can ramble on and not be concise enough to fill it up and have to continue. Hell, you can just start making up stuff and throwing in superfluous words, and before you know it, you've made a giant paragraph of text and etc; it's what I'm doing right now.
---
Her name is Koko, she is loco, I said oh no!
Official Something or Other of That One Group
#17MotiJrPosted 12/27/2012 7:38:34 AM
Well I played it at an event and it just didn't have the depth of the DS titles, which is what made me love them. It kinda feels like a button basher with no substance. Hopefully I'm proved wrong but I wasn't impressed.
---
Fanboys are a cancer to gaming but Sony fanboys are a particularly aggressive and repulsive form.
#18xellos667Posted 12/27/2012 7:56:49 AM(edited)
I love traditional Castlevania
I love the N64 Castlevania
I love Metroidvania
I love PS2 Castlevania
I love Lords of Shadow
I even love Castlevania Judgement

I will love this title. I don't try to find what it could have been, I just take it for what it is, like all previous Castlevania titles. Can't wait to try it.
---
My digital /DS games collection and slow progression beating them:
http://backloggery.com/drac_mazoku
#19r_m_8_8(Topic Creator)Posted 12/27/2012 8:00:03 AM
MotiJr posted...
Well I played it at an event and it just didn't have the depth of the DS titles, which is what made me love them. It kinda feels like a button basher with no substance. Hopefully I'm proved wrong but I wasn't impressed.

This is my biggest fear. I'm not a fan of huge whip range, especially in 2D... it practically makes it impossible to miss. I hope it has plenty of platforming and satisfying combat. And -some- good music.
---
Now playing: Paper Mario SS, Code of Princess, Mark of the Ninja, SFxT.
| 3DS | PS3 | PC | Wii |
#20ultradavedPosted 12/27/2012 8:16:01 AM
I skipped the last few Castlevanias. Have they made another one where you can whip in 8 directions yet? Super Castlevania 4 was one of my favorites in the series. Yes, I'm well aware of how easy it was, but it was SO much fun. I wouldn't mind seeing a classicvania with SC4's mechanics (and awesome soundtrack).

@ Smashking 84: Everyone is entitled to his opinion, but many people (including me) find Castlevania 2 to be one of, if not THE worst in the series. The good news for you is that if you liked that, you'll probably love all the others more.

As far as getting stuck in SotN, that is a downside of Metroidvanias (and REAL Metroid games, for that matter). I didn't have any big problems with SotN, but I gave up on Harmony of Dissonance after being stuck for hours on end, so I can empathize.