Could the 3DS technically handle Xenoblade Chronicles?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Could the 3DS technically handle Xenoblade Chronicles?
3 years ago#21
It's not really a matter of what he thinks, it's a matter of the facts. We know for a fact that the 3DS is technically on par with the Wii, and even exceeds it in some areas.

In your small world, nothing new ever happens, does it? Since you seem to take the stance of "if it hasn't happened yet it never will". The same could have been said of the Wii before Xenoblade was made, after all.

Well said if I may say so.
---
NEVER judge a game you have not played.
-Granville
3 years ago#22
lambchips posted...
i dont think the cart would be big enough

You're thinking in terms of asset size for the Wii, which could be downsized (not necessarily downsampled) to fit the needs of the 3DS.

Or could be left entirely intact. Wii-level assets on the 3DS should be quite awesome.
---
pardon if my posts suck, i post by tapping on the handset button on a one-way analog handset. i saw Hannibal Lecter do it.
3 years ago#23
Maybe scaled down, Vita definitely could though.
3 years ago#24
grans posted...
It's not really a matter of what he thinks, it's a matter of the facts. We know for a fact that the 3DS is technically on par with the Wii, and even exceeds it in some areas.

In your small world, nothing new ever happens, does it? Since you seem to take the stance of "if it hasn't happened yet it never will". The same could have been said of the Wii before Xenoblade was made, after all.

Well said if I may say so.

I very much concur.

Also, excellent post once again Grans. The bigger news to me was your explanation on how the LOD thing works for Xenoblade in regards to loading huge vast areas in the game, especially the MT framework mobile on the 3DS being a down scaled version of the HD MT Frmework Engine that is used for current gen hardware which couldn't be scaled for the Wii. Though didn't MHTri for the Wii utilized the Engine before?

Also you forgot to add in Skyward Sword in! That game imo deserves to be in line with technical achievements that have been fulfilled on the Wii. :P

Lightning_fan posted...
Maybe scaled down, Vita definitely could though.

From what i gathered. Both could without scaling down it seems, though it's obvious that the Vita could anyhow lol.
3 years ago#25
I actually don't really know what engine Tri Wii was running on. I've not found any legit information in that regard so far (as far as I know, the game also doesn't advertise the engine it's running on like the 3DS version does). The Wii does support a very basic version of the engine in the form of MT Framework Lite (I'm only aware of three games that use it for certain, none of which are Tri), but I haven't found any sources yet that state MH3 on Wii uses this engine.

Regardless, 3DS of course has a more advanced version of the MT Framework engine than the Wii in the form of the mobile version. The 3DS version of Tri runs at twice the framerate of the original and supports self shadowing and soft shadows on characters and monsters (neither present in the Wii version). The engine has improved from there as well.

Assuming that an 8GB cartridge were used for a hypothetical port, there shouldn't be a need to really scale down Xenoblade for the 3DS (if a 4GB one were used there may be a need to compress some of the assets such as textures and sound quality). The system again has enough power for the game to run if ported competently. Potentially with some superior shader effects like Tri G had on 3DS (realistic character shadows and self shadowing on models).

The Vita obviously could run it and have no trouble whatsoever upgrading the visuals substantially, it's considerably stronger than either Wii or 3DS.
---
NEVER judge a game you have not played.
-Granville
3 years ago#26
Can the 3DS really handle Reyn Time?
---
Jackass Thompson doesn't approve of Wii Music. He's on a crusade to put an end to sax and violins in games
3 years ago#27
You'd need an 8 GB cart, with some lower-resolution textures.

And I'm not entirely sure it could play with the 3D on, unless it was 60 FPS on the Wii (in which case, it'd have to be 30 FPS on the 3DS).

But it's certainly possible. That's one of the great things about the Wii's weakness - any game on the Wii could probably be played on the 3DS, and could easily be played on the Vita (motion-controls aside, of course). So, we could, conceivably, have a portable Mario Galaxy, a portable Smash Bros., a portable Twilight Princess...
---
Look kid, when you grow up you'll learn women aren't all that smart or interesting. They do excel for purposes of coitus though.
-Unmoderated post, Wii U board
3 years ago#28
Sure, if it were downgraded. No idea why people think 3DS is more powerful than the Wii.
---
PS3/Vita PSN: kewldude475; 3DS FC: 4253-3798-3218; Steam: kewldude475
Now playing: Persona 3: FES, Assassin's Creed 2
3 years ago#29
Gogo726 posted...
Can the 3DS really handle Reyn Time?

I'm not too sure it could even handle ALLEYOOP
---
Can I put my Onix in your Cloyster? Yes: 4 No: 4 Maybe: 2
The Sapphire Carbuncle: Why I'm proud to be a brony http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyYTKbC6tbw
3 years ago#30
My rifle's getting hotter at the thought of a portable Xenoblade.
---
http://i31.tinypic.com/lvf38.jpg
http://media.247sports.com/Uploads/Boards/623/51623/398743.jpeg
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Could the 3DS technically handle Xenoblade Chronicles?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived