Could the 3DS technically handle Xenoblade Chronicles?

#31Rurouni720(Topic Creator)Posted 12/27/2012 11:28:41 PM(edited)
kewldude475 posted...
Sure, if it were downgraded. No idea why people think 3DS is more powerful than the Wii.

Nope.

Read Grans's post and you'll understand the reasoning. It's been pretty obvious for a year now really.

Enigma149 posted...
You'd need an 8 GB cart, with some lower-resolution textures.

And I'm not entirely sure it could play with the 3D on, unless it was 60 FPS on the Wii (in which case, it'd have to be 30 FPS on the 3DS).

I could considering Xenoblade seems to run in 30FPS, plus there have been other 3DS titles to run in 60FPS with 3D on so it shouldn't be too big of a deal.

LoveLightning posted...
My rifle's getting hotter at the thought of a portable Xenoblade.

XD
#32Lightning_fanPosted 12/27/2012 11:29:16 PM
grans posted...
I actually don't really know what engine Tri Wii was running on. I've not found any legit information in that regard so far (as far as I know, the game also doesn't advertise the engine it's running on like the 3DS version does). The Wii does support a very basic version of the engine in the form of MT Framework Lite (I'm only aware of three games that use it for certain, none of which are Tri), but I haven't found any sources yet that state MH3 on Wii uses this engine.

Regardless, 3DS of course has a more advanced version of the MT Framework engine than the Wii in the form of the mobile version. The 3DS version of Tri runs at twice the framerate of the original and supports self shadowing and soft shadows on characters and monsters (neither present in the Wii version). The engine has improved from there as well.

Assuming that an 8GB cartridge were used for a hypothetical port, there shouldn't be a need to really scale down Xenoblade for the 3DS (if a 4GB one were used there may be a need to compress some of the assets such as textures and sound quality). The system again has enough power for the game to run if ported competently. Potentially with some superior shader effects like Tri G had on 3DS (realistic character shadows and self shadowing on models).

The Vita obviously could run it and have no trouble whatsoever upgrading the visuals substantially, it's considerably stronger than either Wii or 3DS.

Why do you go into detail noting how more powerful the 3DS is over Wii but only barely mention the Vita.
Am I noting a little bit of bias?
#33Rurouni720(Topic Creator)Posted 12/27/2012 11:35:04 PM
Lightning_fan posted...
Why do you go into detail noting how more powerful the 3DS is over Wii but only barely mention the Vita.
Am I noting a little bit of bias?

Err....no. The Vita's overall raw power doesn't need to be even mentioned considering everyone and their french poodles know how significantly stronger it is compared to the 3DS since day 1 of it's announcement (which was inevitable really).
#34mstop_4Posted 12/27/2012 11:41:37 PM
Carbuncle009 posted...
Gogo726 posted...
Can the 3DS really handle Reyn Time?

I'm not too sure it could even handle ALLEYOOP

As long as it stays calm, stays focused, the 3DS can handle any bunch of jokers. Piece of cake!
---
"Put it in H!"
#35gransPosted 12/28/2012 12:03:10 AM
Err....no. The Vita's overall raw power doesn't need to be even mentioned considering everyone and their french poodles know how significantly stronger it is compared to the 3DS since day 1 of it's announcement (which was inevitable really).

This, well said. And bias my ass. LOL! There's quite simply absolutely no point in discussing the Vita's power considering almost no one is stupid enough to try to claim it's less powerful than Wii or 3DS. Wipes the floor with both Wii/3DS, Quad core Cortex A9, quad core SGX543MP4+, 512MB of ram, etc etc.

Not to mention this happens to be a topic about the 3DS, not the Vita. I only threw in the Vita because a few people mentioned it and I agreed that it was powerful. How anyone can read bias in that statement is beyond me. I'm discussing the 3DS because that's the topic, this is its message board, and there are comments involving the 3DS to address that mandate detailed technical discussion.
---
NEVER judge a game you have not played.
-Granville
#36Bancario51Posted 12/28/2012 12:05:55 AM
yeah but why that game? Just about everyone I talked to hated it
---
Claiming to be an official ____ of a board is officially dumb
Awesome Fighting games: TTT2, P4A and Aquapazza...
#37Tempest717Posted 12/28/2012 12:08:40 AM
Yeah, but it wouldn't be anywhere near as amazing.
---
Official Cherry Garcia of the IDF
Official Lion Tamer of the NDF
#38Tzuba12Posted 12/28/2012 12:13:26 AM
Bancario51 posted...

Don't know who you talked to, because Xenoblade is a very well received game and highly rated. One of the best rpgs I've ever played.
---
an atheist scowling at a cheat code. he growls. "....GOD MODE?!"
#39LoveLightningPosted 12/28/2012 12:20:21 AM

Please tell me where you live so I can avoid that place like the plague.

Don't want to deal with jokahs.
---
http://i31.tinypic.com/lvf38.jpg
http://media.247sports.com/Uploads/Boards/623/51623/398743.jpeg
#40Rurouni720(Topic Creator)Posted 12/28/2012 12:25:37 AM(edited)
Bancario51 posted...

They have crap taste in good games then.