Ok I own every professor Layton game should I play them in order?

#1Homie_202Posted 12/27/2012 4:46:13 PM
I own all of them and I am just wondering should I play them all in order? Or should I just play whatever one i want first? I just got the 3ds one for Xmas and that is the one I really want to play that's why I ask.
#2BlackPhoenix127Posted 12/27/2012 4:54:59 PM
Well apparently the games are divided in to two trilogies.

Curious Village
Diabolical Box
Unwound Future

Last Specter
Miracle Mask
????

From what I've played so far, there isn't too much continuity between them but I tend to always try to play games in order. I got the Last Specter and Miracle Mask as well for Christmas but I'm playing through Last Specter first.
---
PSN: Azure-Edge
#3Ruff_PuffPosted 12/27/2012 4:57:05 PM
1- Curious Village;
2- Pandora's Box;
3- Lost Future;
4- Last Specter;
5- Miracle Mask.

You'll be doing yourself a favour by playing them how they released, even though Last Specter and Miracle Mask are set before Curious Village. :3
Also, you may want to take a break in between each game; too much PL at one time might make the other games boring.
---
PSN: Ruff-Puff
#4Homie_202(Topic Creator)Posted 12/27/2012 4:58:42 PM
Ok thanks
#5NeonYoshi11Posted 12/27/2012 10:31:02 PM
How difficult are these games ?

I'm not looking to get frustrated and quit but a little bit of a challenge is always welcome.

Is there much of a story , or is Mainly story driven with puzzles ?
#6IAznDragonI YanPosted 12/27/2012 10:33:24 PM
don't forget to watch the Eternal Diva movie after beating the Last Specter
---
Tu fui, ego eris
What you are, I was. What I am, you will be.
#7BuretsuPosted 12/27/2012 11:26:37 PM
NeonYoshi11 posted...
How difficult are these games ?

I'm not looking to get frustrated and quit but a little bit of a challenge is always welcome.

Is there much of a story , or is Mainly story driven with puzzles ?

They're not too hard. Some of the puzzles can be challenging, but you can buy Hints.

It's mainly story driven, with puzzles. That's actually one of the flaws of the series; puzzles generally aren't well-integrated with the story. It's just every so often someone will refuse to give your information unless you solve a puzzle they're stuck on, or the game will say "You must solve at least X puzzles to continue".
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#8COlimar788Posted 12/27/2012 11:32:59 PM
Play them in order of release. Or, alternately, you could probably get away with playing Last Specter and Miracle Mask before playing the original trilogy, if you really wanted to.

Don't play the games within each trilogy out of order, though.
---
Twilight Sparkle is best pony.
3DS Friend Code: 2234-7169-9510