I dont care about many millions it costs u nintendo, u need to get P4G right now

#71SuckaKarlPosted 12/28/2012 5:41:28 PM
I'm not your buddy, chum.
#72MetalLokiPosted 12/28/2012 5:44:28 PM
SuckaKarl posted...
I'm not your buddy, chum.

I'm not your chum, pal.
---
The official Loki of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
Lamia, Harpy, Centaur and Slime.....What's next?
#73VideoGameBlitzPosted 12/28/2012 6:30:04 PM
SMT is truly weeabo material.
---
Not changing until a FFVI(6) remake is released 5/21/10
#74Lelouch71Posted 12/28/2012 6:34:38 PM
P4G is on the Vita. If you want it that bad then buy a Vita or get the vanilla version for the PS2. I rather see EP be ported to the 3DS given that the PSP is dead or P5 if it had to be a modern Persona. P4 is a good game, but that's all it is. It's not my favorite megaten nor my favorite Persona title (P2 is on both accounts).
---
"When you come at the king you best not miss"
#75MetalLokiPosted 12/28/2012 6:35:45 PM
VideoGameBlitz posted...
SMT is truly weeabo material.

Name 1 thing that makes that true for Strange journey which has one of the most ethnically diverse cast of non Japanese people in any RPG i've ever seen. Unless you're a fool that thinks all SMT is persona.
---
The official Loki of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
Lamia, Harpy, Centaur and Slime.....What's next?
#76xxHerchxxPosted 12/28/2012 6:45:06 PM
I like the Persona games, but I never understood what makes the fans go crazy about it, or is it just Persona 4 that they go crazy over? They treat it like it's the best game ever, and everybody is wrong. Somebody explain this lol. So far, the SMT fans I've seen are chill, but once you get to Persona fans, they trip out.
---
CUHHHHRAZY!!!
#77WhiteSword7Posted 12/28/2012 6:46:55 PM
Rasen543 posted...
rockman202 posted...
Rasen543 posted...
I'd rather get Nocturne 3D.

The Vita port of P4 didn't even add that much content, don't know why everyone is freaking out over it. You could honestly just play the PS2 version and watch the new epilogue on YouTube and lose nothing if value.

Besides the new dungeon, new character, new social links, new skills, new scenes, new mechanics. Other than that though, it didn't add much.

All of which are forced and gimmicky. Marie is pathetic, too.

oh yeah, and it got 1.5 more content than the original dum****
---
PSN: Derrysan360-US
Please Message me first via PSN, because Random friend request will be deleted
#78brainfreeze10Posted 12/28/2012 6:59:53 PM
bijwmoc posted...
It's like English critics who read literature, then apply their own beliefs and force their own views onto the work. The author and the work did not have all that depth in mind but people look too deep into it and create artificial depth. In my opinion, Pokemon does the same thing...the game was meant to be a children's game, nothing more. Then people start forcing their own strategy onto the game and it became what it is.

The strategy is there. Hidden values, sheer variety of niche moves, abilities, etc. It just gets explored by competitive play. If a fighting game has complex combos but no story mode, is there no depth to it? If a huge community were to follow Shaq Fu, do you think there would be many viable strategies? If everything relies on single-player, then all MMOs inherently have no depth. Some games are just focused on multiplayer.

Yes, it is meant to be mainly for children, but it has an unmatched amount of variety that presents competitive appeal for older audiences, which would be completely unnecessary and go completely unnoticed by said children.

That said, I agree that Pokémon would benefit from an option to increase AI.

Anyhow, this is a little off whichever little topic there is. Why exactly are we comparing Pokémon to Persona? They're different games, that's all.

I think you're sort of missing his point. I mean, I'm far from an expert, but I have played Pokemon my whole life and I agree that in the end it's strategic capabilities have always been very exaggerated. Pokemon doesn't teach you about the hidden values nor give you actual numbers or explicit explanations for a lot of a Pokemon's stats because it was never meant to be a competitive game, it's designed for kids. People obsessively tore the whole game apart to figure out what every possibility is when catching a Pokemon, what every nature means, etc. But that doesn't exactly make this a deep game just because there's a lot of possibilities no more than a Mystery Dungeon game is automatically deep because it can have randomly generated items and dungeons. The actual combat is still mostly 1-dimensional.

It provides a lot of possibilities when designing your team but when narrowing it down to what are clearly the best Pokemon and the best moves, and then using the devices that every real-competitive player uses to immediately get the hidden values you desire, the pool of actual balanced options is extremely slim in comparison. Not to mention how many things are banned in that circle. And if you don't just use a device to hand-pick your team than the game's really just an endless grind-fest more than anything.

These hidden stats were originally added, I believe, to make every Pokemon feel like an actual living creature. Every one is unique so you and your friend wouldn't have the same Pikachu and the game would feel more alive. Frankly, it's brilliant in its own right, and the games are very fun, but "truly competitive" they are not. Once you get into the actual battle it takes very little knowledge to be an "expert" and win a match, and no small bit of luck as well. It's not about adapting, quick thinking, tricks, or anything like that. The teams that enter in the first place are far and large the biggest factor for success.

In fact, I would argue that it's the game's simplicity that draws such a huge crowd, as it offers nearly infinite customization on a system that most can easily understand.

Also, let it be known this is purely a comment on Pokemon, not a comparison, as I've never actually played Persona. Also this turned into a FAR bigger rant than I intended so anyone capable of telling me how wrong I am, please go right on ahead.
---
Work is for people who don't know how to fish!
3DS Friend Code: 1289-8728-7299
#79DynamicJumpIuffPosted 12/28/2012 8:24:38 PM
I'm 21 and love both Pokemon and SMT, and hope this happens one day

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8j8xbBRCF1r0rwlxo1_1280.jpg
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l84wu534Ql1qb8982o1_500.jpg

This post is the best part of this topic, hands down.
---
The official Lilim of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
"I thank you for arousing me" - Beruga, Terranigma
#80Byhalia13Posted 12/28/2012 8:32:23 PM
DynamicJumpIuff posted...
I'm 21 and love both Pokemon and SMT, and hope this happens one day

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8j8xbBRCF1r0rwlxo1_1280.jpg
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l84wu534Ql1qb8982o1_500.jpg

This post is the best part of this topic, hands down.

1000% agree on both