Don't hurt me but is the 3DS in fact more powerful than the PSP?

#21kewldude475Posted 12/28/2012 3:34:46 PM(edited)
SalsaSavant posted...
xellos667 posted...
Yes it is. In terms of power, I think it's pretty much that:

Vita > 3DS > PSP > DS

Of course, I'm no tech savy, so someone who know about all the numbers can prove me wrong. But having all those system except the Vita, that's pretty much what I'm seeing.

Ignore the trolls, this is right.
3DS is on par with the Wii.

No it's not.

or actually... do you have any proof?
---
PS3/Vita PSN: kewldude475; 3DS FC: 4253-3798-3218; Steam: kewldude475
Now playing: Persona 3: FES, Assassin's Creed 2
#22Starwars4JPosted 12/28/2012 3:37:30 PM
strongo9 posted...
Wii U > PS3 > 360 > Vita > 3DS > Wii > Xbox > GC > PS2 > PSP > DS > N64 > PSX > GBA > SNES > GBC > NES > GB

No, and you were so close too.

kewldude475 posted...
No it's not.

Seriously? Where have you been for the last two years? Devs confirmed the 3DS was "roughly on par" with the raw power of the Wii before launch, with the added notes of it being more advanced with shaders and lighting effects.

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/03/02/lego-video-game-developers-build-first-wii-to-3ds-port/
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#23Catcher_FreemanPosted 12/28/2012 3:39:11 PM
So there we go.

The 3DS is on par with the Wii, and is actually superior in some areas.
---
http://i.imgur.com/8Ri7C.jpg - Viridi is best goddess.
#24kewldude475Posted 12/28/2012 3:41:07 PM
Starwars4J posted...
strongo9 posted...
Wii U > PS3 > 360 > Vita > 3DS > Wii > Xbox > GC > PS2 > PSP > DS > N64 > PSX > GBA > SNES > GBC > NES > GB

No, and you were so close too.

kewldude475 posted...
No it's not.

Seriously? Where have you been for the last two years? Devs confirmed the 3DS was "roughly on par" with the raw power of the Wii before launch, with the added notes of it being more advanced with shaders and lighting effects.

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/03/02/lego-video-game-developers-build-first-wii-to-3ds-port/

Fair enough, I guess. But I take it with a grain of salt, since it's not from Nintendo. Other game developers have only said that "in some ways" it is more powerful then the Wii. Therefore, I can't take this 100% seriously.

But don't mind me, carry on.
---
#25Starwars4JPosted 12/28/2012 3:45:33 PM
kewldude475 posted...
Fair enough, I guess. But I take it with a grain of salt, since it's not from Nintendo. Other game developers have only said that "in some ways" it is more powerful then the Wii. Therefore, I can't take this 100% seriously.

Nintendo never comments on the power of their system, so you must always be in the dark about the power of any Nintendo system. For all you know, the Wii is more powerful than the PS3 >_> This is not the only developer who has said this, CAPCOM got a version of RE5 running on the 3DS for God's sake, which they admitted would have been impossible on the Wii. It's not hard to figure out. But if you want to continue not believing something from multiple named valid sources because it conflicts with what you wish to believe...be my guest.

Not sure why you bothered asking for a source though if you fail to accept them.
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#26lunchEATSyouPosted 12/28/2012 4:00:56 PM
kewldude475 posted...

No it's not.

Monster Hunter Tri G for the 3DS. It's an expanded version of Monster Hunter Tri, which originally came out for the Wii.
---
"I knew it! It's a zombie! Miss, it's illegal to be a zombie!"
#27pikachupwnagePosted 12/28/2012 4:03:52 PM
Tendogamerxxx posted...
No it's not... interms of raw power psp is wwwwaaaaayyyyyyyy more powerful.

But we all know that's not the selling point of the 3DS- is the games... :-)

This guy is either blind or delusional.
---
"There's only one legitimate reason to be doing anything, and that is for the lulz"
#28kewldude475Posted 12/28/2012 4:04:41 PM
Starwars4J posted...
kewldude475 posted...

Nintendo never comments on the power of their system, so you must always be in the dark about the power of any Nintendo system. For all you know, the Wii is more powerful than the PS3 >_> This is not the only developer who has said this, CAPCOM got a version of RE5 running on the 3DS for God's sake, which they admitted would have been impossible on the Wii. It's not hard to figure out. But if you want to continue not believing something from multiple named valid sources because it conflicts with what you wish to believe...be my guest.

Not sure why you bothered asking for a source though if you fail to accept them.

Actually, you make a pretty good point here.
---
#2921_21Posted 12/28/2012 4:10:04 PM(edited)
DeathSnipe777 posted...
The 3DS is like a Gamecube 1.5, the PSP is like a Playstation 1.5.

Actually, shouldn't the 3DS be like a Wii 1.5 since it's already established to be more powerful than or at least on par with the Wii?
---
Currently playing:
999, Megaman ZX Advent, Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and Scribblenauts Unlimited
#30packattackPosted 12/28/2012 5:23:46 PM
I'm not sure how anyone can honestly say the 3DS is on par with the Wii. SM3DL looks like crap compared to Galaxy.
---
Single and multiplayer video game highscore competition - over 450 games - www.cyberscore.me.uk