Chrono Trigger, Tales of the Abyss or Skies of Arcadia Legends?

#11TheRealMrManPosted 12/28/2012 4:38:30 PM
endgame do you have an account on ETI because you would fit in perfectly with all the second rate trolls there
---
https://soundcloud.com/edsped/sets/metal
#12MarsfordPosted 12/28/2012 4:49:22 PM
Depends what you're looking for.

I would say Tales of the Abyss has the best battle system and characters out of the three.

Chrono Trigger has the best plot, pacing, and soundtrack of almost any RPG ever.

Skies of Arcadia has good adventuring I guess.
---
"but if you're the kind of person who thinks that anything with primary colors is for kids than nothing will change your mind." - Arucard05
#13Dinoman96Posted 12/28/2012 5:04:27 PM
emagdnE posted...
none of the above, they're all horrible abominations

ESPECIALLY CT, it's about three kids from the middle ages trying to stop a cosmic horror that the entire world's military might couldn't stop in 1999

.....and succeeding

you need a prime example of how stupid jRPGs are and how stupid jRPG characters can be? (going 1999 with a winged time machine results in the heroes out of nowhere deciding to suicide crash into the cosmic horror, there isn't even a "Yes/No" choice, they don't even give it a second thought, they just up and ****ing do it, and unfortunately, they do survive the impact) the lovechild abomination of FF and DBZ (Toriyama himself did the character designs, all seven of them! I think he might have done the writing too considering one of the subplots involving the Goku clone.....) is your interactive movie!

okay buddy, just shut the **** up.

you can call Sakurai "Hackurai" all you want, you can say Kid Icarus and 3D land are horrible abominations or whatever, but you don't diss Chrono Trigger, ya just don't.
---
wargle gargle
#14toad133Posted 12/28/2012 5:14:29 PM(edited)
In general, my thoughts are this;

Tales of the Abyss has very interesting characters, but you may not like all of them. It has a lot to do as most Tales games and a pretty good plot. The battle system is very engaging.

Skies of Arcadia is cliche in it's plot. However, it does the cliches really well to the point you won't care. The characters are incredibly likeable and well balanced in their personalities, and like Tales of the Abyss, there's a great amount to do.

Chrono Trigger definitely has the weakest characters. It's soundtrack is exceptional however, and it's a very enjoyable game to this day despite being so old. The time travel mechanic is also very interesting.
---
Not changing this sig till Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon is announced for VC.
Started: 16th of August 2008 13:27pm.
#15CosmoKramer4700Posted 12/28/2012 5:16:27 PM
I haven't played the other 2, but Chrono Trigger is amazing! Easily one of my favorite games of any genre. Seriously play it because it's awesome!
---
Gutalala Sudalala
ONE PIECE, IT EXISTS! - The Great Pirate, Edward Newgate "Whitebeard"
#16Bahamut_10thPosted 12/28/2012 5:18:36 PM
I'd start with the worst and finish with the best.

Abyss -> Arcadia -> Trigger

Unless you can just skip the garbage that a Tales game is. Highly encouraged.
#17Lightning_fanPosted 12/28/2012 5:28:52 PM
Bahamut_10th posted...
I'd start with the worst and finish with the best.

Abyss -> Arcadia -> Trigger

Unless you can just skip the garbage that a Tales game is. Highly encouraged.

Except Chrono Trigger is the worst.

Chrono Cross is a much better game.

I would replace Chrono Trigger with it as it decimates Chrono Trigger in all ways that matter.

So play

Arcadia -> Abyss -> and finally best for last Chrono Cross
#18Dinoman96Posted 12/28/2012 5:56:25 PM
is this the real life

chrono cross had things going for it like some interesting plotlines, great music and slick graphics for the time, but otherwise the battle system was annoying and the plot was a gigantic mess.
---
wargle gargle
#19_Matt_Engarde_Posted 12/28/2012 6:00:45 PM
If you haven't acquired Skies of Arcadia Legends yet, do so right now. That game is rather rare, or at least much rarer than the other two.

If all three are in your possession, I can only offer this:

If you like action: Tales of the Abyss > Chrono Trigger > Skies of Arcadia
If don't like action: Skies of Arcadia > Chrono Trigger > Tales of the Abyss
If you're apathetic about action: Chrono Trigger > Tales of the Abyss = Skies of Arcadia
---
Official Matt Engarde of GameFAQs/Metatron of the SMTIV board.
"Hold on a sec. I'm gonna consult myself, OK?"
#20Smash MasterPosted 12/28/2012 6:01:25 PM
Tales of the Abyss is my favorite RPG ever. Chrono Trigger is great too.

I'd start with CT, then go on to Tales afterwards; both have plenty of NG+ content to keep you going for a while. Dunno about Skies of Arcadia.
---
This is a sig, woo.
http://z7.invisionfree.com/If_They_Were/index.php?act=idx