Is my 3DS XL top screen defective?

#1WingZero0782Posted 12/28/2012 3:20:18 PM
My top screen has a reflective look to it, if I tilt my head or the system the screen has this shiny look and it's kinda like if I have the 3d turned on and I move my head or the system the things on the screen move too, but the 3d is turned off and it's like getting the sweet spot.

It's hard to explain but I'm trying to.
---
Currently Playing: who the **** cares.
DCUO Name: Techno Knight, Level: 30, Server: Crossfire, League: TheGothamKnights.
#2TheRealMrManPosted 12/28/2012 3:22:18 PM
It might be. My XL looks fine with the 3D turned off.
---
https://soundcloud.com/edsped/sets/metal
#3WingZero0782(Topic Creator)Posted 12/28/2012 3:25:57 PM(edited)
TheRealMrMan posted...
It might be. My XL looks fine with the 3D turned off.

Does it look like things move even when the 3D is turned off, like you need to find the sweet spot?

I wear glasses but it only does it on the XL.

It looked worse with a screen protector on it and the one I have are anti reflective.
---
DCUO Name: Techno Knight, Level: 30, Server: Crossfire, League: TheGothamKnights.
#4PlaysaverPosted 12/28/2012 3:31:22 PM
Are you sure you turned off the 3d? The slider bar has to go all the way down and click for the 3d to be off.
#5WingZero0782(Topic Creator)Posted 12/28/2012 3:31:23 PM
Bump.

I need to know if it's normal or not.
---
#6WingZero0782(Topic Creator)Posted 12/28/2012 3:32:47 PM
Playsaver posted...
Are you sure you turned off the 3d? The slider bar has to go all the way down and click for the 3d to be off.

It's off, I know how to use a 3DS as I own an original one and compacted the screens when both are turned on.
---
#7WingZero0782(Topic Creator)Posted 12/28/2012 3:38:03 PM(edited)
The screen has this weird shine to it and it has a kind of ripple type effect when I move my head or the screen, the background also goes lighter or darker.
---
#8darkrystalPosted 12/28/2012 3:36:39 PM
the XL's 3D slider works differently to the standard model's, and from what you've described it sounds like you haven't 'clicked' the slider into the off position. With the XL's slider down without clicking it's hard to detect any 3D but you do still get the blurring when losing the sweet spot. Are you 100% you've pushed the slider down as far as possible? it requires a bit of a push and there's a noticeable 'click' when it's all the way off.
---
3DS FC: 5155 - 2901 - 5771
#9WingZero0782(Topic Creator)Posted 12/28/2012 3:39:59 PM
darkrystal posted...
the XL's 3D slider works differently to the standard model's, and from what you've described it sounds like you haven't 'clicked' the slider into the off position. With the XL's slider down without clicking it's hard to detect any 3D but you do still get the blurring when losing the sweet spot. Are you 100% you've pushed the slider down as far as possible? it requires a bit of a push and there's a noticeable 'click' when it's all the way off.

Whoa thanks, I didn't know it clicks into place on the XL, that worked thanks.
---
#10PlaysaverPosted 12/28/2012 3:41:01 PM
WingZero0782 posted...
Playsaver posted...

It's off, I know how to use a 3DS as I own an original one and compacted the screens when both are turned on.

The original 3ds didn't have the 3d go off with a click of the slider.