Is my 3DS XL top screen defective?

#11WingZero0782(Topic Creator)Posted 12/28/2012 3:41:37 PM
Should the dpad be slightly loose?
---
Currently Playing: who the **** cares.
DCUO Name: Techno Knight, Level: 30, Server: Crossfire, League: TheGothamKnights.
#12DeathSoul2000Posted 12/28/2012 3:41:48 PM
WingZero0782 posted...
darkrystal posted...
the XL's 3D slider works differently to the standard model's, and from what you've described it sounds like you haven't 'clicked' the slider into the off position. With the XL's slider down without clicking it's hard to detect any 3D but you do still get the blurring when losing the sweet spot. Are you 100% you've pushed the slider down as far as possible? it requires a bit of a push and there's a noticeable 'click' when it's all the way off.

Whoa thanks, I didn't know it clicks into place on the XL, that worked thanks.

lulz the 4th person said it needed to be clicked. how did you miss that?
#13WingZero0782(Topic Creator)Posted 12/28/2012 3:42:55 PM
Playsaver posted...
WingZero0782 posted...
Playsaver posted...
Are you sure you turned off the 3d? The slider bar has to go all the way down and click for the 3d to be off.

It's off, I know how to use a 3DS as I own an original one and compacted the screens when both are turned on.

The original 3ds didn't have the 3d go off with a click of the slider.

I know, I didn't know the XL had one until now, thanks for letting me know.
---
DCUO Name: Techno Knight, Level: 30, Server: Crossfire, League: TheGothamKnights.
#14WingZero0782(Topic Creator)Posted 12/28/2012 3:44:29 PM
DeathSoul2000 posted...
WingZero0782 posted...
darkrystal posted...
the XL's 3D slider works differently to the standard model's, and from what you've described it sounds like you haven't 'clicked' the slider into the off position. With the XL's slider down without clicking it's hard to detect any 3D but you do still get the blurring when losing the sweet spot. Are you 100% you've pushed the slider down as far as possible? it requires a bit of a push and there's a noticeable 'click' when it's all the way off.

Whoa thanks, I didn't know it clicks into place on the XL, that worked thanks.

lulz the 4th person said it needed to be clicked. how did you miss that?

I didn't know what he meant as the original doesn't have this feature, I didn't want to break the slider by pushing it down any further.
---
#15crumbtinyPosted 1/1/2013 12:31:21 PM
Playsaver posted...
Are you sure you turned off the 3d? The slider bar has to go all the way down and click for the 3d to be off.

Wow! Thanks! I just searched the forum because I thought something might be wrong with my new 3DS. Had no idea the slider had to click to be turned off. thanks!