Physical games that come with AR cards (eShop related).

#190sRetroGamingPosted 12/28/2012 3:43:31 PM
Like Kid Icarus: Uprising and so on.. once games like these are eventually put up on the eShop (Kid Icarus: Uprising we know definatly will as some point) how are Nintendo and other companies going to provide those digital purchasers with those missing AR cards that come with the physical versions of said games?.

Would they mail them those cards through Club Nintendo after registering their games or would they provide them with free DLC scans of those AR cards that can be viewed via the Nintendo 3DS Camera app?. just something i thought about. i know alot of people are waiting for Kid Icarus Uprising to go digital...
---
"OldSchoolGaming4Life" on YT/"90sRetroGaming" on mariokartwii.com
#2TendogamerxxxPosted 12/28/2012 3:56:10 PM
omg yes Im waiting for this to go digital, in fact i stopped paying the physical version just to wait for the digital version.

In regards to your question. it may very well be the way you say, where they get mailed to you or if gamestop startes selling digital codes they might offer the cards when you pick up your game code at the store.
#3mabber_IIIPosted 12/28/2012 4:09:02 PM
noa messed up by not selling the cards at stores

so I don't think kid icarus will ever be put up on the eshop
#4TendogamerxxxPosted 12/28/2012 4:14:49 PM
dont you say that! you shut ur filthy mouth and dont speak of kid icarus not coming to the eshop.

*starts crying*

why?! why would u say such a thing? why?
#5Byhalia13Posted 12/28/2012 4:19:20 PM
mabber_III posted...

^This x1000. In my opinion that was an exceedingly dumb marketing move, they could have brought in quite a bit of money if they just would let their fans buy the cards in stores.
#6Starwars4JPosted 12/28/2012 4:19:30 PM
It would be an unreasonable cost, as the AR cards do not provide anything you could not otherwise get in the game, you'd most likely simply go without. And that includes the stand.
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#7megamachopopPosted 12/28/2012 4:41:49 PM
mabber_III posted...

so I don't think kid icarus will ever be put up on the eshop

Like the specific cards that come with the game? Or just cards in general? Because I've bought a few Kid Icarus card packs a while ago.
---
GHWT FC: 2020 3760 0511 Brawl FC: 2878 9814 3260 TTT,
Wii FC/ Guitar Hero 5: 0802 2205 8183 8469
#8thedicemasterPosted 12/28/2012 5:41:41 PM
kid icarus, kingdom hearts, and pokedex 3D are the only ones I know of with their own set of AR cards/markers.
in pokedex 3D they are simple so you can make them yourself.
in kid icarus and kingdom heart they are collectable cards, and you're supposed to buy packs and trade cards with other people to get them all.

other games make use of the [?] card that came with the 3DS as a marker.
#9mabber_IIIPosted 12/28/2012 5:58:47 PM
Tendogamerxxx posted...
dont you say that! you shut ur filthy mouth and dont speak of kid icarus not coming to the eshop.

*starts crying*

why?! why would u say such a thing? why?

nintendo thinks you need the stand, thats why
#10SSJ4CHRISPosted 12/28/2012 6:07:09 PM
thedicemaster posted...
kid icarus, kingdom hearts, and pokedex 3D are the only ones I know of with their own set of AR cards/markers.
in pokedex 3D they are simple so you can make them yourself.
in kid icarus and kingdom heart they are collectable cards, and you're supposed to buy packs and trade cards with other people to get them all.

other games make use of the [?] card that came with the 3DS as a marker.

They need to be sold in stores if people are supposed to buy packs to trade. You missed the point of the topic, didn't you?
---
Pokemon White FC: 0346 8604 2225 PSN: phayro_rip
People Only Like Obama, that's the motto Romney, P.O.L.O.