Does 3DS XL have bigger D pad? Better feel?

#1ArtboxPosted 12/28/2012 5:31:47 PM
Hi all,

I got a 3DS for street fighter 4. The D pad is small and painful to use. I dont use the touch screens shortcuts. Great game and I would like to play it more. Does the XL have a bigger and better D pad? If it does, it would be an immediate buy for me.

Thanks!
#2JackalfoxPosted 12/28/2012 5:43:03 PM
The buttons are the same size, I think.
---
Now Playing - The World Ends with You: Solo Remix (iOS), Resident Evil: Revelations (3DS)
#390sRetroGamingPosted 12/28/2012 5:48:11 PM
The 3DS XL does have a better d-pad. it's well made won't chip off paint like the original since it's now made with a matte style finish :). i'm now able to play games like NSMB2, that SHOULD technically be played with a d-pad all the time, with peace of mind. i couldn't do this on my original 3DS since it felt like it was going to break on me all the time.

The actual d-pad on the XL is pretty much the same size as the one on the original but now thicker and tougher in quality which is what you would expect from a good quality d-pad :). i absolutly love it! :D.
---
"OldSchoolGaming4Life" on YT/"90sRetroGaming" on mariokartwii.com
#4Robot_SoopaPosted 12/28/2012 5:55:00 PM
Why are you using a pad for a fighter? Eww.
#590sRetroGamingPosted 12/28/2012 5:59:43 PM
Robot_Soopa posted...

LoL!

Have you ever owned a SNES or a Sega Genesis and bought games like Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, World Heroes, Fatal Fury, etc, etc???. what do you think all of us were using at the time to move around and perform those special moves and such?.
---
#6MarsfordPosted 12/28/2012 6:02:01 PM
D pad is f***** fantastic. I'm sure you'll love it.
---
"but if you're the kind of person who thinks that anything with primary colors is for kids than nothing will change your mind." - Arucard05
#7Robot_SoopaPosted 12/28/2012 10:53:20 PM
90sRetroGaming posted...
LoL!

Have you ever owned a SNES or a Sega Genesis and bought games like Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, World Heroes, Fatal Fury, etc, etc???. what do you think all of us were using at the time to move around and perform those special moves and such?.

I have but sticks are still the superior choice if they are available. What do you think all of us were using at the arcades?
#8mattfrankPosted 12/28/2012 11:00:58 PM
D-pad on 3DSXL is definately better,its not as resistant to pressing,concave in the center to allow you to slide your thumb on it to perform rotational input when playing fighting games such as SFIV 3D.
#9russi4nroulettePosted 12/28/2012 11:08:51 PM
Robot_Soopa posted...

^^^^ NOOB! Dpad is and always was better.
#1090sRetroGamingPosted 12/28/2012 11:13:00 PM
Robot_Soopa posted...
90sRetroGaming posted...
LoL!

I have but sticks are still the superior choice if they are available. What do you think all of us were using at the arcades?

Fair enough. those arcade sticks were the s***! :). man i miss my childhood at those arcades!. f*** :(.
---