I took my XL back for a stuck L button....

#1EternalNetherPosted 12/28/2012 6:28:50 PM(edited)
Well, in all honesty it was because of an idiotic roommate that spilled soda on it and made the button stick. But I digress...

Apparently the build quality can vary from one 3DS XL to another. When I opened up my new Xl just now (same color/model) the entire system felt different. The hinge was more secure (whereas the old one had a loose hinge that allowed the top half to flop around slightly when open, I figured that's just how the system was made), the bottom half felt more solid, the power button was easier to press, and the gap between the bottom and top while closed was larger and more noticeable (less chance of screen scratching).

Overall I was extremely surprised. I've never had a 3DS before and was extremely excited to get my XL, but was slightly disappointed by how insecure I felt with it. The entire thing just felt unstable. I went so far as to consider getting the smaller model (though I hate small screens) after the button started sticking. I'm glad I didn't.

/blogfaqs

Edit: In order to make this topic productive, I need to register the NEW XL on the club nintendo site for the extended warranty and such. But my old one is still on there. Won't I get in trouble for registering both because it essentially gives you double the coins for the price of one? Is there any way to remove the old one if I've already spent the coins for it?
---
3DS Friend Code: 4871-3347-4144
#2Resident WeevilPosted 12/28/2012 6:27:56 PM
Glad it worked out.
---
I don't want to start any blasphemous rumours, but I think that Gods got a sick sense of humour and when I die, I expect to find Him laughing. - DM
#3SpideymasterPosted 12/28/2012 6:36:03 PM
EternalNether posted...
The hinge was more secure (whereas the old one had a loose hinge that allowed the top half to flop around slightly when open

Oh, what? I just picked an XL up a few days ago and it does that, and I was told that all of them did that, so I'm a bit irked now that I know it's supposed to be secure and not flop slightly.

Edit: In order to make this topic productive, I need to register the NEW XL on the club nintendo site for the extended warranty and such. But my old one is still on there. Won't I get in trouble for registering both because it essentially gives you double the coins for the price of one? Is there any way to remove the old one if I've already spent the coins for it?

I believe you can add an account to your main account in your main account's settings. That way you can add the XL to the secondary account, and the coins you receive from it will be pooled into the main account.
---
"If you want a story line, go read a book. If you want graphics, watch a movie. If you want to have fun, play a game." MetaYoshi64