Bought Tales of the Abyss.

#21EkaruPosted 12/29/2012 5:55:04 PM
EternalNether posted...
Jade is still one of my favorite characters from any game. Ever.

Jade is all that is needed to justify this game's existence. :P
---
3DS FC: 3050-7685-5267
PM me if you wanna play a match with me in Mario Tennis Open.
#22McMarblesPosted 12/29/2012 6:24:22 PM
I'm about 8 hours in. I'm liking it so far, especially when Luke abuses the cute thing. He's doing what we all want to do!
---
Currently playing: Tales of the Abyss
Rainbow Dash is best pony. Fact.
#23AkaneJonesPosted 12/29/2012 6:41:56 PM
1) You may no like Luke, but you have to give him a chance. Wait till he get's a hair cut to fully judge him.
2) You may not like Anise. Note that if you are oh kei with her, you may not like what happens in the last third, and remain pissed at her character.
3) Don't overlook the plot twists, because the overshadowed bit is in front of it. Seriously, people do this with Tales of games all the time.
4) The game 1/3 longer than it should be. If they'd just have moved Anise's & Frings' plot points earlier it could have ended sooner if no effect. The fact you can't access most side quest gives you a clue they extended the game artificially.
5) Be awhere the game has a back tracking style of design. This tends to make you re-run locations making areas seem less fresh. Some people don't like the game for that.
6) The battle system is slightly more primitive to Vesperia. So that hurts it. The feild of fonon system is also not the best invented Tales of battle extra system.
7) For some reason they thought it a good idea to make you unlock standerd features as you go through. Why you need to do this for character switching, battle modes, and the like is a mystery.
#24darkstar4221Posted 12/29/2012 9:34:14 PM(edited)
McMarbles posted...
I'm about 8 hours in. I'm liking it so far, especially when Luke abuses the cute thing. He's doing what we all want to do!

I wouldn't do that to the animal thing. Luke is a complete jerk off, he's somewhat unrealistic too because most people would not tolerate his behavior, even though he changes later on in the game. The fact that he's the protagonist and gets the girl really bothers me. Luke and Tears ruined the game for me, I played about 30 hours, after that I couldn't stomach playing the game anymore. Sold it for $23 on Amazon, and used that money to buy Kid Icarus: Uprising.
#25hyper kobun dashPosted 12/29/2012 9:42:41 PM
Ekaru posted...
EternalNether posted...
Jade is still one of my favorite characters from any game. Ever.

Jade is all that is needed to justify this game's existence. :P

I approve both of these statements.
---
"If the PS3 is Casablanca and the 360 is The Godfather, the wii would be Pluto Nash." - StilI_Kirbyfan9
#26Semi45aPosted 12/29/2012 9:46:23 PM
I don't. I like the man with the glasses
---
The only Vita games really worth getting: Gravity Rush & P4G
Being unable to detect sarcasm and lies might be an early way to catch dementia
#27Cookie_AromaPosted 12/29/2012 9:49:12 PM
The game has pretty bad pacing. You can get stuck in cities watching boring cut-scenes for a long while with no action in between.
#28SalsaSavantPosted 12/29/2012 9:50:15 PM
darkstar4221 posted...
McMarbles posted...

I wouldn't do that to the animal thing. Luke is a complete jerk off, he's somewhat unrealistic too because most people would not tolerate his behavior, even though he changes later on in the game. The fact that he's the protagonist and gets the girl really bothers me. Luke and Tears ruined the game for me, I played about 30 hours, after that I couldn't stomach playing the game anymore. Sold it for $23 on Amazon, and used that money to buy Kid Icarus: Uprising.

You do realize that there is character development, right?
You're SUPPOSED to hate him early in the game.
Most people who like him early on just like him because he hurts that annoying squeaky thing.
---
Not changing this until something impossible happens
Started 12/02/12
#29Vyers(Topic Creator)Posted 12/29/2012 9:53:53 PM
Cookie_Aroma posted...
The game has pretty bad pacing. You can get stuck in cities watching boring cut-scenes for a long while with no action in between.

Kind of noticing this in the beginning. Not very excited with the pace of the internal monologues.
---
Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/Negative_Hippie
Blog: http://www.1up.com/do/my1Up?publicUserId=6123776 / YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/ThankTheBear
#30IcewitchPosted 12/29/2012 11:52:57 PM
Its a decent game, and the port is well-done (though the 3D sucks, its fully playable with it off).

I wouldn't call it a great game though, the story kind of drags on and the game actually feels a bit too long. Still its a fully-fledged 60+ hour PS2 RPG with voice acting, real time battles and some great anime cutscenes on the go, not a lot you can complain about. You could certainly buy much worse 3DS games.
---
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Coming March 2013 to Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo Wii U