Is the Nyko Power Grip any good?

#1Turbo_TRexPosted 12/29/2012 9:00:33 PM
I got a Nyko Battery Pack for Christmas. I like the extended battery life (sure could have used it last week when I was playing VRL) but I still find the 3DS uncomfortable, especially when using the D-Pad. Is the Nyko Power Grip good? Does it make the 3DS more comfortable?
---
To err is human. To blame your computer for your mistakes is even more human.
#2Turbo_TRex(Topic Creator)Posted 12/29/2012 10:21:51 PM
bump
---
#3Turbo_TRex(Topic Creator)Posted 12/30/2012 8:43:39 AM
bump
---
#4lunchEATSyouPosted 12/30/2012 8:53:01 AM
Nyko products have a repuation of noticeable failure rates. The best advice is to read user reviews on Amazon and other similar sites and figure out if it's worth it.
---
You think Soviet Russia jokes are exageration?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbBP_-sQRkk
#5MrKunioPosted 12/30/2012 10:19:59 AM
lunchEATSyou posted...
Nyko products have a repuation of noticeable failure rates. The best advice is to read user reviews on Amazon and other similar sites and figure out if it's worth it.

I wouldnt say theyre fail. I have an awesome nyko battery case for psp and its really great.

To answer your question TC, i dont think there is any product that will make your 3ds more comfortable to hold, although i remember people saying they liked the power grip better than the pack because its easier to take off and put on etc.
---
Official Mr. Bousouzoku 1986
3DS Fc: Mr. Kunio - 3437-4087-1475
#6Turbo_TRex(Topic Creator)Posted 12/30/2012 7:00:26 PM
Well this hasn't been too helpful so far. Ugh, I just don't know what to do! The 3DS is uncomfortable and I like the added battery life, but the thing is $30, and I just got this new battery (not too late to take it back though).
---
#7BatenKait0sPosted 12/30/2012 7:13:49 PM
Get the Power Pak +. It's much better.
---
Currently playing:
Summon Night: Swordcraft Story (GBA)
#8Turbo_TRex(Topic Creator)Posted 12/31/2012 7:41:55 AM
BatenKait0s posted...
Get the Power Pak +. It's much better.

That's what I have now. I like the bigger battery, but it still isn't s comfortable to hold as I'd like.
---
#9stargazer64Posted 12/31/2012 7:53:36 AM
You should have bought mine from me...I had it on eBay for less than $10.

It's a pretty good product. Adds about 4 hours of battery life (full 3D on) and to me it made holding the system more comfortable for games that use the L & R buttons often.

It does make it a little heavier (and bulkier, obviously) and it takes a good 6 hours to charge it. Also, the failure rate is pretty high. My first stopped charging after a month of use, but Nyko has good customer service and will replace it within 3 months if you buy it new. (the warranty may be longer than that, but it's at least 90 days)
---
What? You pooped in the refrigerator? And you ate the whole... wheel of cheese? How'd you do that? Heck, I'm not even mad; that's amazing.