Is the Nyko Power Grip any good?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Is the Nyko Power Grip any good?
4 years ago#1
I got a Nyko Battery Pack for Christmas. I like the extended battery life (sure could have used it last week when I was playing VRL) but I still find the 3DS uncomfortable, especially when using the D-Pad. Is the Nyko Power Grip good? Does it make the 3DS more comfortable?
To err is human. To blame your computer for your mistakes is even more human.
4 years ago#2
bump
4 years ago#3
bump
4 years ago#4
Nyko products have a repuation of noticeable failure rates. The best advice is to read user reviews on Amazon and other similar sites and figure out if it's worth it.
You think Soviet Russia jokes are exageration?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbBP_-sQRkk
4 years ago#5
lunchEATSyou posted...
Nyko products have a repuation of noticeable failure rates. The best advice is to read user reviews on Amazon and other similar sites and figure out if it's worth it.

I wouldnt say theyre fail. I have an awesome nyko battery case for psp and its really great.

To answer your question TC, i dont think there is any product that will make your 3ds more comfortable to hold, although i remember people saying they liked the power grip better than the pack because its easier to take off and put on etc.
Official Mr. Bousouzoku 1986
3DS Fc: Mr. Kunio - 3437-4087-1475
4 years ago#6
Well this hasn't been too helpful so far. Ugh, I just don't know what to do! The 3DS is uncomfortable and I like the added battery life, but the thing is $30, and I just got this new battery (not too late to take it back though).
4 years ago#7
Get the Power Pak +. It's much better.
Currently playing:
Summon Night: Swordcraft Story (GBA)
4 years ago#8
BatenKait0s posted...
Get the Power Pak +. It's much better.

That's what I have now. I like the bigger battery, but it still isn't s comfortable to hold as I'd like.
4 years ago#9
You should have bought mine from me...I had it on eBay for less than $10.

It's a pretty good product. Adds about 4 hours of battery life (full 3D on) and to me it made holding the system more comfortable for games that use the L & R buttons often.

It does make it a little heavier (and bulkier, obviously) and it takes a good 6 hours to charge it. Also, the failure rate is pretty high. My first stopped charging after a month of use, but Nyko has good customer service and will replace it within 3 months if you buy it new. (the warranty may be longer than that, but it's at least 90 days)
What? You pooped in the refrigerator? And you ate the whole... wheel of cheese? How'd you do that? Heck, I'm not even mad; that's amazing.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Is the Nyko Power Grip any good?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived