Pokemon Black Hype for a New Owner Thread Volume 1!

#1jim200Posted 12/29/2012 11:39:56 PM
I'm waiting for my Pokemon Black to ship (hopefully Monday). So in the meantime I'm trying to learn everything about it.

Are the online battles addicting? Do you gain experience from them? Can you message who you're battling?

Oh I can't wait!
---
Thinking Is Destructive
PSN: Jemi200 ::: 3DS FC: 5129-0276-3428 Name: Jemi
#2MetalLokiPosted 12/29/2012 11:42:30 PM
Why did you get Black and not Black2? Online batter are as bad as any other game in that everyone rage quits if you win and no you don't gain experience.
---
The official Loki of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
Lamia, Harpy, Centaur and Slime.....What's next?
#3jim200(Topic Creator)Posted 12/29/2012 11:45:14 PM
I'm getting Black 2 but I want to have the whole experience and I heard you can transfer Pokemon through an Unova link from Black 1 to Black 2.

So I got Black 1 first.
---
Thinking Is Destructive
#4MetalLokiPosted 12/29/2012 11:47:48 PM
jim200 posted...
I'm getting Black 2 but I want to have the whole experience and I heard you can transfer Pokemon through an Unova link from Black 1 to Black 2.

So I got Black 1 first.

I think you are confused a little. You do understand that you need a 2nd DS/3ds to trade right? You don't just pass everything on.
---
The official Loki of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
Lamia, Harpy, Centaur and Slime.....What's next?
#5jim200(Topic Creator)Posted 12/29/2012 11:53:55 PM
The way the link system works is that you put a pokemon to sleep in the first game to send it into the dream world and upload your save to the pokemon global system. Then on the second game you choose Unova link and it gets the data after you log in and all that.

Unova link basically adds more scenes to Black/White 2 based on what you did in the first game as well as allows pokemon from a certain character from the first game to be obtainable in the 2nd. In this way you get a more complete experience from black/white 2 than if you were just to jump right into black/white 2.

That's what @Zanimar told me.

That way I can do it with 1 3DS.
---
Thinking Is Destructive
#6Denizen_Of_DarkPosted 12/30/2012 1:36:19 AM
jim200 posted...
The way the link system works is that you put a pokemon to sleep in the first game to send it into the dream world and upload your save to the pokemon global system. Then on the second game you choose Unova link and it gets the data after you log in and all that.

Unova link basically adds more scenes to Black/White 2 based on what you did in the first game as well as allows pokemon from a certain character from the first game to be obtainable in the 2nd. In this way you get a more complete experience from black/white 2 than if you were just to jump right into black/white 2.

Explain
---
Warfriends: You must be lonely, unless you are a female; which in that case u are merely a figment of my imagination
check quote for XBL GT
#7ssbmrocksPosted 12/30/2012 2:31:59 AM
jim200 posted...

No, there is no transfer mode for B/W to B/W2, you have to trade them over, which requires 2 (3)DS systems.
---
Them ain't your funyuns, them's Foxxy's funyuns.
#8jim200(Topic Creator)Posted 12/30/2012 6:49:11 PM
ssbmrocks posted...
jim200 posted...

No, there is no transfer mode for B/W to B/W2, you have to trade them over, which requires 2 (3)DS systems.

What! Can people confirm this?

If it's true, I'll find someone close to me on Gamefaqs!
---
Thinking Is Destructive
#9emagdnEPosted 12/30/2012 8:24:04 PM(edited)
http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon.shtml

see how horrible they are?

it hasn't shipped yet you say? HURRY AND CANCEL THE ORDER!

you're welcome
---
I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy... All right, give me the bomb. -Ultra Magnus
#10jim200(Topic Creator)Posted 12/30/2012 8:26:42 PM
emagdnE posted...
http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon.shtml

see how horrible they are?

it hasn't shipped yet you say? HURRY AND CANCEL THE ORDER!

you're welcome

Looking at those cuties made me want the game even more!

Someone give me hope, please!

That, or I'll go to the local game lobby and made 3DS Pokemon buds.
---
Thinking Is Destructive