Help me decide which game is better in terms of gameplay variety and challenge

#1SpaceDesperadoPosted 12/30/2012 1:26:00 AM
Which game is better in terms of overall gameplay variety, challenge, and replay value? - Results (82 votes)
Devil Survivor: Overclocked
41.46% (34 votes)
Tales Of The Abyss
30.49% (25 votes)
Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars
10.98% (9 votes)
Super Mario 3D Land
17.07% (14 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Basically which game has depth so it won't feel repetitive or too easy after playing it for a while?

Which game will keep me challenged and engaged throughout my numerous hours of playtime without feeling like I know how to exploit the game to 'win' easily?

Which game encourages exploration and adequately rewards you for it in a satisfying way?

Thanks
#2BuretsuPosted 12/30/2012 1:27:22 AM
Tough one... Down to either Devil Survivor or Ghost Recon...
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#3XMonkeySniperXPosted 12/30/2012 1:29:57 AM
Buretsu posted...
Tough one... Down to either Devil Survivor or Ghost Recon...

This. For replay value, I'd definitely give it to Devil Survivor. Multiple endings, super bosses to tackle in NG+, and whatever else I've forgotten. Neither is terribly difficult, though.
---
PSN: MasamuneMonkey
"I'm the warrior of love and rage, Black Frost!"
#4Prince_PyroPosted 12/30/2012 1:36:10 AM
In terms of Replay Value, Story, and Challenge and I'd say SMT:DSO. There are 6 completely different endings, and there's a new game plus option to keep you actively interested each time you begin a new playthrough.

Plus, the demon auction/fusion mechanic is deep enough to offer plenty of gameplay variety, in that you'll be combining demons or simply swapping them out for new ones almost constantly. No matter how good your demon is, there will almost inevitably be one that is better still.

For what it's worth, I've logged over 200 hours on that game.
... and I don't regret a single minute of it.
---
[=[3DS]=] FC: 0946-2412-9538 Name: Joel
[o+[___].::] Now playing: Crimson Shroud, Harvest Moon: ANB [Clover Farm], Paper Mario: Sticker Star, REvelations
#5SpaceDesperado(Topic Creator)Posted 12/30/2012 10:01:17 AM(edited)
bump, what do you guys think of 'code of princess' or 'samurai warriors' instead?

i just don't if i will be able to handle all the dialogue/story for the two jrpg's... i feel that the non-linear nature and variety of rewarding side quests in my adventure take a backseat for a 'personal' story for those two games.

i just got my 3ds, and i already have zelda oot and kid icarus. i need to do a bit of research on how expansive and 'replay value' driven revelations is, if it's anything like resi 2-5, i will be picking it up for sure.

i was thinking of dimensions, but i heard the ai is real dumb and can be easily exploited as well as the online being dead/slow :/
#6aamotPosted 12/30/2012 10:27:06 AM
I'd vote DS: Overclocked very highly on everything but variety. There are different objectives for different missions, and bosses require different strategies and team compositions, but the game is just missions broken up by dialog segments.
---
chrisAAMO | 2938_5923_5833
#7nonexistingheroPosted 12/30/2012 10:33:22 AM
If you're into speedrunning Super Mario 3D Land should prove to be highly replayable. There's a ton of shortcuts to discover and master in almost every level.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#8esoteric42Posted 12/30/2012 12:36:52 PM
I sold my copy of Devil Survivor: Overclocked. I'm tired of Strategy RPGs.
---
3DS Friend Code: 4511-0481-8141
#9SpaceDesperado(Topic Creator)Posted 12/30/2012 1:44:44 PM
i heard super mario 3d land is a bit short, repetitive, and easy is this true?

does, super mario 64 for example, trump it in every category?
#10tallgeeseIVPosted 12/30/2012 1:52:04 PM
SpaceDesperado posted...
bump, what do you guys think of 'code of princess' or 'samurai warriors' instead?

They are good games, but the replayability depends largely on how much you like their gameplay styles.
---
http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/9742/fodderkg8.png
-_-'