Help me decide which game is better in terms of gameplay variety and challenge

#11nonexistingheroPosted 12/30/2012 4:18:21 PM
SpaceDesperado posted...
i heard super mario 3d land is a bit short, repetitive, and easy is this true?

does, super mario 64 for example, trump it in every category?

They're 2 completely different types of games. It takes about 3-5 hours to get through the 8 main worlds. then another 3-5 hours for the 8 new worlds (mostly remixed stages that are made harder). About 15-20 hours for full completion, including the super hard extra stage.

I personally found it quite a bit of fun to replay the game, due to most stages having a ton of shortcuts. I don't think I'll ever Streetpass someone with faster times than me. And it's fun to play through the game not using the Tanuki suit, since the special worlds can actually be somewhat challenging if you don't use it.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#12SpaceDesperado(Topic Creator)Posted 12/31/2012 1:34:36 PM
wow i wasn't expecting it to be THAT short and relatively easy considering how it's considered the best 3ds game on most major gaming websites
#13rizsparkyPosted 12/31/2012 2:38:53 PM
From a price perspective, Ghost Recon. It has alot of replay value and the difficulty will keep you going for a good while
#14SpaceDesperado(Topic Creator)Posted 12/31/2012 11:21:42 PM
that's what kept me from buying shadow wars, the fear that the ai would get repetitive and being able to easily exploit them once you learn how to play game properly.

Like most turn based games on handhelds, you know low processing power and all that.

Are they truly varied, challenging, adaptive(like flanking or reacting to my apparent strategy accordingly), and smart? If so, I might have to pick it up...
#15nonexistingheroPosted 1/2/2013 3:57:50 AM
SpaceDesperado posted...
wow i wasn't expecting it to be THAT short and relatively easy considering how it's considered the best 3ds game on most major gaming websites

The main game is about the same as a 2D Mario platformer. And going for 100% completion for this game takes longer than them, since this game will add 2-3 times more playtime if you're going for that (compared to an extra 3-4 hours for a normal Mario platformer).

Really, if you think it's very short you don't know s*** about Mario platformers.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.