DS or GBA? Which handheld do you think was better overall?

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. DS or GBA? Which handheld do you think was better overall?
2 years ago#11
GBA SP, so much win. That's where they got the flip idea from.
---
'03 Mustang GT- Flowmaster exhaust, Maximum Motorsports subframe connectors, strut tower brace, k-member brace...
PSN: officersweetpant
2 years ago#12
DeathSnipe777 posted...
DS, because it could also play GBA.

GBA, because it could also play GB and GBC games.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
2 years ago#13
GBA.
---
"If the PS3 is Casablanca and the 360 is The Godfather, the wii would be Pluto Nash." - StilI_Kirbyfan9
2 years ago#14
I prefer the GBA because it had more games that I really enjoyed. For example, the Crash series and the Spyro series were great on the GBA but all of their games on the DS were rubbish.
2 years ago#15
GBA, because alot of the innovative handheld titles came out on that thing, and I think if they skipped straight to the DS it wouldn't have happened.
---
this one time, i found a pube in my unopened pokemon game
I would have 1500 karma, but I forgot to login. FC 2065 3310 1217
2 years ago#16
I think the GBA was better for the fact that it had more games I liked than the DS (even though I have twice as many DS games as I have GBA games, quite a few of the DS games I own are ones I think are "okay", but not great, whereas my GBA games are mostly ones I feel personally are great).

I tend to like the GBA the best because it has Final Fantasy I & II: Dawn of Souls, Final Fantasy IV Advance, V Advance and VI Advance, while the DS only has Final Fantasy III and IV, so the games I like on the GBA outnumber the ones I like on the DS.

In retrospect, I think my preference for the GBA stems from the fact the DS has a TON of shovelware, and the GBA period was when Nintendo didn't tolerate that BS from developers.
---
Opie & Anthony | Ron & Fez, XM 105/Sirius 206
XBL: Maxx the Slash | PSN: Maxx_the_Slash | 3DS: 3222-5637-7984 | Wii U: Maxx_the_Slash
2 years ago#17
DS with gba f(x) takes the cake imo.
2 years ago#18
GBA...

It has the best line up of games in terms of Overall Quality...Better than any console as well.

Way less 4/10 ....5/10 games on the GBA than the DS.

Also no dumb stylus gimicks either. I love my 3DS , but I can't stand games that want me to control my character by dragging him on screen. I'm not 3 ...that doesn't appeal.

Using the Stylus to control your character is like starting a fire with 2 sticks, when instead you could just use matches or a lighter.

We have evolved...but the control of games in DS DE-volved.

D-Pad or analog plus buttons is the way to go.
2 years ago#19
For me personally GBA it had the Pokemon game I think are the best. And the awesome DBZ legacy of goku. And metroid fusion. Just to name a few of my favs.
2 years ago#20
DS since GBA games are backwards compatible but are no longer backwards compatible to GB and GBC games.
---
Xbox 360 Gamertag & Nintendo Network ID: TDPNeji
Steam ID: NejiHyuga900
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. DS or GBA? Which handheld do you think was better overall?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived