DS or GBA? Which handheld do you think was better overall?

#71WiiFan77Posted 12/31/2012 5:42:32 PM
DS. It could play all GBA games.
---
Official Neko Shogun of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
#72Xenesis XenonPosted 12/31/2012 5:47:49 PM
The GBA was (and still is) a fantastic little console. Most games on the system were designed well with portable play in mind. It had a lot of problems, most of which were rectified by the GBA-SP, but the library was a bit hit-or-miss over most of its life. I'll fully admit that 90% of my GBA library was first party nintendo.

The DS basically took everything the GBA did right and ran with it on the hardware end. Coupled with an absolutely knock-out game library, it wins no contest.
---
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.
#73SMASHKING84Posted 12/31/2012 5:48:36 PM
both were great and really close but i pick ds.
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon ppl who agree:3
Pokemon Black 2 [OU rules player] Rosa:4170-2970-6954 PM Me if you add me.
#74ChipspiratePosted 12/31/2012 5:53:38 PM
I guess I would have to choose GBA after all...

I enjoyed many titles on the DS, no doubt. I even had many games I anticipated and still love today.

However the GBA will always be my favorite game system of all time.

Good times.
---
mail: tinyurl.com/pascmail
#75timborobotPosted 12/31/2012 5:55:47 PM
The GBA was essentially a portable SNES. Plus it folded up smaller than my wallet (referring to the GBASP).
DS was essentially a portable N64 - with a touch screen, WiFi, etc... Plus it barely even fit in my pocket (DSlite and DSi were slight improvements, still bigger than a wallet).
(SNES ruled - N64 was decent)
I bought the DS for the first US release of Final Fantasy3
I was fortunate enough to replay FF1,2,4,5,&6 on the GBA
Oh Wait I forgot about the DSiXL - I really have to see my Dragonite use Dragon Rage on a 4.2' screen.
But We can't forget that Nintendo released the DS with the intention of it being an advancement from the GBA, and in many performance aspects it was...
Believe me both of these systems absorbed countless hours of my life - or however long it takes to complete the pokedex's on each of the games to come out on them.
But as a portable system the GBASP dominates.
Nintendo has never truely let any of us down... until the WiiU.
---
This message was made with recycled electrons.
#76Kingmichael1337Posted 12/31/2012 5:58:10 PM
if we're just comparing the libraries then i think DS wins

GBA ain't got ace attorney games (unless you understand both the japanese language and culture well enough to get their references; even then, only the first three were on GBA), ghost trick, 999, animal crossing, jump ultimate stars, etc.
---
"i was thinking about getting the game but i was jw if the online multiplayer community is lgbt friendly" - post that got me b& for 7 days LOL
#77WayavasPosted 12/31/2012 5:59:51 PM
DS cus u can use "backups" on it, giving it an endless library
---
If Raptor Jesus is your lord and savior and you are 100% proud of it, copy this into your signature.
#78Kingmichael1337Posted 12/31/2012 6:10:07 PM
timborobot posted...
Nintendo has never truely let any of us down... until the WiiU.

nope, the wii was a let-down for me. it's been collecting dust since i stopped playing brawl, which was the last original game i bought for it. hard to believe it's been 4 years lol.

i'm still curious about the wii u, although not as interested in it as i am in other new consoles, because nintendo seems to have settled into their role of making cheap consoles that are a generation behind the competition.
---
"i was thinking about getting the game but i was jw if the online multiplayer community is lgbt friendly" - post that got me b& for 7 days LOL
#79SMASHKING84Posted 12/31/2012 6:14:38 PM
>implying wii u is bad
>implying wii was bad.
lol gamefaqs.
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon ppl who agree:3
Pokemon Black 2 [OU rules player] Rosa:4170-2970-6954 PM Me if you add me.
#80VyersPosted 12/31/2012 6:36:28 PM
To me, the GBA was better for people who like Nintendo games than the DS was. The DS had a really poor showing from Nintendo for its three NES main franchises - Metroid, Mario, and Zelda.
---
Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/Negative_Hippie
Blog: http://www.1up.com/do/my1Up?publicUserId=6123776 / YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/ThankTheBear