DS or GBA? Which handheld do you think was better overall?

#91boring_namePosted 12/31/2012 7:50:13 PM
I probably enjoyed the GBA more but the DS was great.

GBA had Advanced Wars 1 & 2, Fire Emblem 7, Pokemon R/S/E as well as FR/LG, Metroid Zero Mission & Metroid Fusion, Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced, and a ton of great SNES ports, and probably a bunch I'm forgetting.

There's some nostalgia for sure and I was much younger during its run so my experience with these games is definitely different than it would be now.
#92MushgonPosted 12/31/2012 8:23:37 PM
Better overall? I guess it'd be DS considering sales, popularity, the sole fact that's it's newer etc... But I prefer GBA both in game lineup and controls.
#93GabeXornPosted 1/1/2013 7:56:11 AM
DS, my GBA just stopped working for no apparent reason, while my DS Lite has teeth marks in it and has been dropped many times and still goes.
---
3DS FC: 0473-8153-5260 - PM & I will add you back
http://backloggery.com/gabexorn
#94IHeartMetroidPosted 1/1/2013 7:59:40 AM
"my GBA just stopped working for no apparent reason"

I think I can figure out the reason-

"while my DS Lite has teeth marks in it"

And this is why your GBA stopped working.

You have to stop trying to eat your systems!

I know that you get very hungry, and perhaps there might not be food ready just at that second, but eating your systems will only hurt you and your pocketbook in the long run! You must trust me on this!
#95JP_SartrePosted 1/1/2013 8:03:55 AM
DS was/ is the greatest handheld gaming success ever and will never be surpassed. Not because of hardware, either. The software library was outstanding.
---
"The Virtual Boy didn't fail. We failed the Virtual Boy"
-fallenKlNG
#96Megaman OmegaPosted 1/1/2013 8:26:41 AM
DS, but the GBA isn't far behind.

---
COD:BOD is definitely the highest budget Vita title - GeassMaster
I come to GameFAQs to be a ******* and create strife/hate on the message boards. - GeassMaster
#97TheRealMrManPosted 1/1/2013 9:15:25 AM
Jason Hart Maivia posted...
DS.
It may be short on decent fighters and racers, but it had a ton of other cool games made exclusive for the console. I believe its library is superior to what the Wii had, especially its HUGE RPG lineup.

The GBA was and still is a very good handheld console. It's just that there were a lot of ports. Nintendo didn't even bother to create a new Mario platformer for it, only Super NES ports. You'd think Nintendo would have done better...

They didn't make a new Mario platformer for the DS either unless you want to count the awful and disappointing NSMB1. And it's not hard to have a superior library to the Wii.

Although, did the DS really have that many more RPGs than the GBA?
---
https://soundcloud.com/edsped/sets/metal
#98Dark_AbaddonPosted 1/1/2013 10:02:50 AM
Solar_Crimson posted...
DS.

this
---
Me: my posts, now with 100% more signature
Hades: I liked it better when your posts had 100% less signature...
#99The Next LevelPosted 1/1/2013 10:51:19 AM
I still own and love both of them... But the DS is probably my favorite system of all time.

GBA was amazing on so many levels, but it's really no contest next to the DS.
---
3V3T2
#100Zero280Posted 1/1/2013 11:21:04 AM
Ds
---
3DS Friend Code 5069-3942-1786