Are the people of Nintendo allergic to large piles of money?

#1legionofpancakePosted 12/31/2012 4:38:15 PM
Is that the reason why they haven't released any GBA games on the eShop besides for ambassadors? I wonder if they realize just how well a lot of GBA games would sell in the eShop. Not only that, but that might give them more 3DS sales in general. It would give them a nice opportunity to earn some sales from these games, especially the hard to find ones. I know it's also up to the game devs to put their games back onto the market, but it's not a bad idea for their sake, either. As much money as it might cost- if any at all- to work games into the store, they could make that much back no problem. If games like Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town or Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow were ever released in the store, I would buy them day one, no questions asked. I don't know how the whole market for digital downloads work, but it could end up being a win-win if this ever happens, you know?
---
Well, Courtney Gears didn't seem to mind.
88 Fingers Louie were a hardcore punk band. 88 Fingers Eddward was a nickname on Ed Edd'nEddy. Pretty cool reference.
#2JurassicBondPosted 12/31/2012 4:45:24 PM
I agree. There's quite a few GBA games, I'd like to see get released.
---
Reading: Crime and Punishment - Fyodor Dostoevsky
http://i.imgur.com/AUbFA.jpg http://i.imgur.com/nYklT.jpg
#3Obl1TeRaTEPosted 12/31/2012 4:50:01 PM
Shouldnt the 3DS be capable of N64 titles as well (I know OOT was rereleased with major overhauls but I'm talking just bare N64 versions). You know they could make a killing off eshopping the Banjo series, Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, etc.
#4EchidneysPosted 12/31/2012 4:50:39 PM
I concur, all they pretty much have to do is give their consent to re-sell it, do a little voodoo to make the game digitally compatible with the DS and voila. Extra money in everyone's pockets.

Also, the 88 fingers Eddward part in that cruise ship episode was awesome.
---
PSN: Echidneys | 3DS: 4468 1242 8413
"It sucks, and you're all stupid for liking it."
#5SalsaSavantPosted 12/31/2012 4:53:02 PM
Obl1TeRaTE posted...
Shouldnt the 3DS be capable of N64 titles as well (I know OOT was rereleased with major overhauls but I'm talking just bare N64 versions). You know they could make a killing off eshopping the Banjo series, Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, etc.

The 3DS doesn't have as many buttons as the N64, so it wouldn't work unless they did some change to the coding to take advantage of the touch screen. They might be able to do some games with the circle pad pro though.

Also, they don't have the rights to any of the games you listed anymore.
---
Not changing this until something impossible happens
Started 12/02/12
#6PokeclipsePosted 12/31/2012 5:06:51 PM
I'm sure that they have plans to sell GBA games eventually, but for the moment are focusing on milking older GB/GBC games. Which is understandable since those games probably wouldn't sell very well if faced with competition from GBA titles.
---
MK7 name: Shane
http://i.imgur.com/ayJYA.jpg
#7aamotPosted 12/31/2012 5:33:54 PM
But the stupidly high amount of money they would make from releasing GBA games would eclipse any money they are making from GB/GBC games. The same goes for SNES and certain N64 games.

The part of me that enjoys the money I have loves Nintendo for not releasing better games on VC, but every other part of me hates it.
---
chrisAAMO | 2938_5923_5833
#8Mariofan15Posted 12/31/2012 5:45:05 PM
But the stupidly high amount of money they would make from releasing GBA games would eclipse any money they are making from GB/GBC games. The same goes for SNES and certain N64 games.

The part of me that enjoys the money I have loves Nintendo for not releasing better games on VC, but every other part of me hates it.

It doesnt matter how much money they would make. They cant release GBA games until they're done with GC/GBC games.
---
0476-5632-3140:Pokemon White 2
#9JtheLinuxGuyPosted 12/31/2012 5:51:00 PM
I hope they don't. The Ambassador GBA games were of horrible quality. And I'm not referring to the problems you'd normally expect from a low resolution game on a higher resolution screen, the Ambassador GBA games were beyond worse than that. I can't even stand playing them. Sound issues, very dim visuals, visual artifacts, no thank you. If they were able to fix them and make them decent, I'd be all for it.
#10Phantom_NookPosted 12/31/2012 6:00:08 PM
I'm sure that they have plans to sell GBA games eventually, but for the moment are focusing on milking older GB/GBC games. Which is understandable since those games probably wouldn't sell very well if faced with competition from GBA titles.

I disagree. If someone wanted to buy, say, Link's Awakening, they would probably get it even if The Minish Cap was on the store.
---
GT: Tommy XD001
3DS FC: 4682-8954-0442