Who going to ditch MK7 once sonic racing comes out?

#11GabeXornPosted 1/2/2013 7:16:27 AM
I really only play MK7 now when I get a streetpass
---
3DS FC: 0473-8153-5260 - PM & I will add you back
http://backloggery.com/gabexorn
#12pikachupwnagePosted 1/2/2013 7:23:18 AM
Sumo are a bunch of chuckleheads who dumbed down the 3DS version.

http://www.gamespot.com/nintendo-3ds/forum/sonic-all-stars-racing-transformed-3ds-version-more-adapted-for-children-64617148/

So most certainly not.
---
I'll wrap the world in happy boobs next year- Kenichiro Takaki.
Possibly the best qoute ever.
#13JumpmandkPosted 1/2/2013 7:39:18 AM
Well, I'm not sure how the 3DS version will stack up, since it is a differant version than what is already availible elsewhere, but I'm completely done with Mario Kart.

Sadly, the last 2 MK games have done nothing for me, and the rubberband AI has reached it's limit. Each new game is just more of the same, which is fine if nothing is broken, but I find MK on the whole to be very broken and hasn't been fun for me in a very long time.

I'm currently playing Sonic Transformed on my Vita, and it's just fun. It's packed to the brim with all kinds of content and it is a discounted title out of the gate(29.99).

My favorite kart racer ever was Diddy Kong Racing on the N64, and so far this game reminds of that experience greatly. I've only been playing a few days, so my opinion may change for the better/worse over time, but so far I'm enjoying it very much.

After playing Mario Kart 7 for a few days, I had put it away and then sold it on Ebay after I realized I wasn't going to play it again. MK7 was very polished and I could see the quality put in to the graphics, music, and 3D. Sadly, for me it just wasn't "FUN", Sonic Transformed is "FUN", at least IMO.
#14DeathSoul2000Posted 1/2/2013 8:02:51 AM(edited)
Jumpmandk posted...
MK7 was very polished and I could see the quality put in to the graphics, music, and 3D.

you've got to be out of your mind. seriously, you're out of your ****ing mind. how can you objectively say effort was put into the graphics and music? did you somehow forget about MKWii? the graphics are not nearly as good as MKWii, you only need to look at the bullet bill for proof of this. in MKWii, its nearly a perfect circle from behind. in MK7, its a blocky octagon/decagon. that goes for other parts of the game, which are also blocky and polygonal. also, its pixelated close up. MKWii is just better looking. and the music? you must like bad music, because this is the worst music in the series, you only need to listen to the start of music park's track for proof of that. other offenders include wario's shipyard, rosalina's ice world and P.P. slide which JUST scrapes it. you can't seriously play this game and tell me it has good graphics or music compared to the other MK's.
#15toad133Posted 1/2/2013 8:09:59 AM
pikachupwnage posted...

http://www.gamespot.com/nintendo-3ds/forum/sonic-all-stars-racing-transformed-3ds-version-more-adapted-for-children-64617148/

So most certainly not.

Hey, whoa Pika, this isn't like you. I can understand being hasty but Sumo Digital is still a top notch developer that actually pushes for innovation and creativity. I love Mario Kart (the SNES one was my first ever game I played) but 7 was a really lackluster title (than again, most of them have been lately) and Racing Transformed completely delivers a great experience.

Besides, people have stated the console version if anything is way too hard and it's insanely difficult to unlock characters. I managed it, but I would say the game is harder than F-Zero GX; if anything, making it more adaptable will be better for the final product, since it's a game where most will jump into multiplayer content straight away. Problem is, you're missing out when the game is fiendishly difficult and holds back most of the characters from you, many of which you're unlikely to ever see. Especially casuals who the game targets.
---
Not changing this sig till Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon is announced for VC.
Started: 16th of August 2008 13:27pm.
#16rizsparkyPosted 1/2/2013 8:26:13 AM
Are there even any screens for the game?
---
3DS FC: 4597-0164-7987
#17toad133Posted 1/2/2013 8:37:35 AM
rizsparky posted...
Are there even any screens for the game?

http://nintendoeverything.com/104360/first-sonic-all-stars-racing-transformed-3ds-screenshots/

They're compressed, so don't fret over the quality too much.
---
Not changing this sig till Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon is announced for VC.
Started: 16th of August 2008 13:27pm.
#18JumpmandkPosted 1/2/2013 9:06:19 AM
DeathSoul2000 posted...
Jumpmandk posted...
MK7 was very polished and I could see the quality put in to the graphics, music, and 3D.

you've got to be out of your mind. seriously, you're out of your ****ing mind. how can you objectively say effort was put into the graphics and music? did you somehow forget about MKWii? the graphics are not nearly as good as MKWii, you only need to look at the bullet bill for proof of this. in MKWii, its nearly a perfect circle from behind. in MK7, its a blocky octagon/decagon. that goes for other parts of the game, which are also blocky and polygonal. also, its pixelated close up. MKWii is just better looking. and the music? you must like bad music, because this is the worst music in the series, you only need to listen to the start of music park's track for proof of that. other offenders include wario's shipyard, rosalina's ice world and P.P. slide which JUST scrapes it. you can't seriously play this game and tell me it has good graphics or music compared to the other MK's.

These comments where made in reagrds to other 3DS racing titles, and 3DS games in general. Along side other 3DS racers, I thought MK7 looked great. Yeah, the music was recycled tunes, but it went well with the game. I could care less how well the graphics stack up against others in the MK series. They have all been about the best Nintendo has had to offer at the time, but for me the games aren't any fun anymore.

Mario Kart is a racing game, I've NEVER played a racing game where graphics and music took a front seat to controls, gameplay and fun. I find most MK games to be good in the areas that I personally don't care about. Nintendo really needs to improve MK in the gameplay and fun department, as that is where I personally find the biggest issues.
#19squatch22Posted 1/2/2013 9:26:13 AM
pikachupwnage posted...

So most certainly not.

Maybe they delayed it to sort it out?
---
Dog posted: I know I have bias...
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#20FefnirOmega13Posted 1/2/2013 10:10:04 AM
Mario Kart 7 was disappointing compared to previous versions.

Is it still 6 player racing? :/ I didn't like that aspect of SaSASR for the DS... not enough competition is a little sucky.
---
Bullet Hell fan, Cave and Touhou lover. <3 Patchouli Knowledge.
Playing: DeathSmiles, Fire Emblem 8, Rune Factory 3, Digimon World Dawn, Tales of Vesperia