black and white versions pokemon look so weird to me

#31Freelance_WolfPosted 1/2/2013 11:55:15 AM
Let's not start insulting Digimon please. Loads of Digimon look better than the stuff that comes outta Pokémon. I love Digimon and their monster designs though so maybe I'm biased.

Anyway, there are a ton of animals alive today and only a fraction are represented in Pokémon so I'd rather they continue to do that instead of making inanimate objects into monsters like ice cream. Then again, Some Digimon are based on such objects too so I can't say much.
---
Max: "I think he just needs a hug, or a sharp blow to the head."
#32Carbuncle009Posted 1/2/2013 12:01:30 PM
We can all agree on one thing.

Gen 2 was the worst looking one.
---
Can I put my Onix in your Cloyster? Yes: 4 No: 4 Maybe: 2
The Sapphire Carbuncle: Why I'm proud to be a brony http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyYTKbC6tbw
#33Maxx_the_SlashPosted 1/2/2013 12:03:49 PM
Retroxgamer0 posted...
okay two examples:

http://pokemondb.net/pokedex/tornadus

heres an example of what i mean really odd.. a genie? serious? thats a POKEMON?

Tornadus, Thuderus and Landorus aren't genies, they're Kamis. Kami in Japan means God or God-like. Essentially, a supreme being.
---
Opie & Anthony | Ron & Fez, XM 105/Sirius 206
XBL: Maxx the Slash | PSN: Maxx_the_Slash | 3DS: 3222-5637-7984 | Wii U: Maxx_the_Slash
#34LHS_2012Posted 1/2/2013 12:14:37 PM
There has never been a gen where every Pokemon was an animal. Why is this even a complaint? No precedent was ever set that Pokemon like Vanniluxe and Trubbish shouldn't exist.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_N_WTiMga4
#35pbandjamesPosted 1/2/2013 12:27:18 PM
OhHeyltsYou posted...
Kebiinu posted...
Meanwhile we have Exggecute, Magneton, Dugtrio, Grimer, Voltorb....but they're running out of ideas? Nostalgia goggles off please.

Not seeing a problem with any of those besides Magneton and Voltorb.

How about the fact that Grimer is literally just sentient sludge formed from grimy cities. You can't knock Trubbish for just being similar.

Exeggcute evolves from multiple sentient eggs into a coconut tree. I've always thought this was the stupidest Pokemon ever created, and as much as it's been close, nothing has beat it yet imo.

Regigigas. Probably the stupidest legendary. The Gen V kami trio comes close, bit at least they're useful. Regigigas is a normal type with a horrible ability.

And the list goes on. There's horrible Pokemon in every Gen; they're not all pleasing to everybody. It's all really subjective anyway. I didn't like all the Gen V Pokemon, but I didn't like all the Pokemon in every Gen.
---
Game news is the best news.
#36GubbeyPosted 1/2/2013 12:31:24 PM
I'd much rather take strange and creative designs like Galvantula and Claydol than bland, uninspired designs like Slowpoke and Geodude. Vanillite line is adorable as well.

Also, if Jynx and Mr. Mime were introduced in Gen 5, genwunners would be calling for a public execution of all of Game Freak's staff.
---
"I desire to go to Hell and not to Heaven. In the former I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings and princes..." - Niccolo Machiavelli
#37tgwolfPosted 1/2/2013 12:35:33 PM
What I think is a bit weird is how the 3D effect they were going for seems to actually degrade the overall quality since the images don't look as crisp and the zooming feature such as in battles actually exposes the inconsistency. So in THAT WAY, yes it looks weird, of course, I haven't really started to play yet...I just finished Red! As in, Red for the Gameboy!
#38Zacks_FairPosted 1/2/2013 3:13:51 PM
I am now convinced no one on earth knows what "running out of ideas" even means.

If they are making mons that haven't been done before (trash bag, chinchilla), that's a new idea.

If they made nothing but mons that were recolors of Gen 1, THAT is running out of ideas.

Makes me so irate and I take people's opinions a lot less seriously.
---
3DS FC: 3566- 1544- 7318
PM me if you add me
#39PokeCrisPosted 1/2/2013 3:25:24 PM
Zacks_Fair posted...
I am now convinced no one on earth knows what "running out of ideas" even means.

If they are making mons that haven't been done before (trash bag, chinchilla), that's a new idea.

If they made nothing but mons that were recolors of Gen 1, THAT is running out of ideas.

Makes me so irate and I take people's opinions a lot less seriously.

This, so much this.
---
Pokemon Black2 FC: 5115 1260 9292
3DS FC: 0989 2453 5916