So how many Zelda games are there for the Nintendo DS?

#21SMASHKING84Posted 1/2/2013 7:25:33 PM
So the point of series isn't exploration? Oh wait miyamoto stated the idea for the original zelda game came about because he used to explore caves as a kid.

This is why i don't like those games because they limit exploration,i want an open world. I don't want to only be able to travel to 12 points on the map.

The sad thing is the vechille system was a good idea,but the excution was the problem.

The solution is something skyward sword dabbled in but never let the idea be fully explored,multiple vechilles
And lol at calling aol not zelda like when these same people call zelda an rpg.

Either zelda isn't an rpg or it is and aol is actually more of a zelda game then the rest.
Luckily i already know zelda isn't an rpg,lol

I'm not asking for an oot clone all i'm saying is no more gimmicks that ruin exploration.
Look at minish cap it had a neat gimmick,that actually let you explore MORE of the map then your average zelda.

Look at the oracles they changed the entire map when used there gimmicks,therefore enhancing exploration. Look at link's awakening they did what skyward sword TRIED(and failed) to do:put puzzles in the overworld.

Now i could complain about the control of the ds zeldas but that isn't part of why i think there not zelda like,but rather just something i didn't like because it needed more polish.
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon ppl who agree:3
Pokemon Black 2 [OU rules player] Rosa:4170-2970-6954 PM Me if you add me.
#22surferguy7Posted 1/2/2013 7:26:45 PM
Ignorant consumer confirmed.

DS =/= 3DS and denying the relevance of the original game.
---
This is the internet, all opinions are considered invalid.
#23RazieruPosted 1/2/2013 7:39:09 PM(edited)
JurassicBond posted...
The touch screen controls were fine.

Sort of agree. The touch controls weren't that problematic, but like all touch gen games, it wouldn't have hurt them to be polished more.

Everything else about the Phantom Hourglass sucked though.

Absolutely. PH played more like your usual back to basics game in a franchise; let alone focused too much on touch-based game play.

I didn't give a damn to do every little trivial thing like make notes and smiley faces on my damn map for instance.

The dungeons were lame, I hated having to repeat that one central dungeon, getting around on the ocean is boring.

Ah yes. The bland and boring dungeons, music, and over world design of PH are still etched in my soul unfortunately. The Temple of the Ocean King had to be the dumbest ass redundancy hiccup ever in any game, and every single dungeon lacking unique enough music and far less brain dead puzzles and bosses to conquer didn't make things ANY better.

Let's not forget the monotonous and exhausting sailing everywhere either where you had to battle some idiot enemy every now and then to force you to keep your attention on it.

And for the record, in regards to the Temple of the Ocean King, the Tower of Spirits isn't that much better considering the fact that you have to repeatedly revisit it as well. It's just a much more polished version of the temple of the Ocean King; which isn't much of a complement.

Spirit Tracks improved on almost everything, but getting around on the train was still pretty lame, IMO.

Another well stated point. The much more colorful and amusing atmosphere and music alone makes ST eons better than the bland and lifeless tech demo Zelda PH. I did enjoy everything I hated doing to a T in PH much more in ST. It could have been more challenging though; even though most games these days are devoid of this.

However, that damn sluggish ass train, which has to be the slowest train in existence, really f***ed the game play and its pacing miserably. Yeah, just like PH's cyclone slate used to get around, there were warp gates in ST; but they did little to nothing to help, and only masked that incredibly dire and glaring farce.

/blog
---
So....New Super Mario Bros. 2 wasn't released as FREE DLC for New Super Mario Bros.?!
#24SMASHKING84Posted 1/6/2013 8:04:33 PM
of the two ph had better controls imo the reason?
spirit tracks asigned the roll to the exact same action as a sword slice.

needless to say this caused issues as i would roll when i wanted to attack and vice versa.
I still like st more then ph,however.
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon ppl who agree:3
Pokemon Black 2 [OU rules player] Rosa:4170-2970-6954 PM Me if you add me.
#25Zero_ManiacPosted 1/6/2013 8:45:36 PM
JurassicBond posted...
sephiroth15_200 posted...
Both of those were a big disappointment to.me, wish they had a option to change the controls I hate full touch controls

The touch screen controls were fine. Everything else about the Phantom Hourglass sucked though. The dungeons were lame, I hated having to repeat that one central dungeon, getting around on the ocean is boring. Spirit Tracks improved on almost everything, but getting around on the train was still pretty lame, IMO.

Nope.
---
Currently wanting: A lot of Vita games/accessories!
PSN: Zero_Maniac623