Will Nintendo ever release Virtual Boy titles on the 3DS e-Shop?

#11JumpmandkPosted 1/3/2013 4:47:32 AM
The question has been brought up to Miyamoto, and he gives the standard "BS" answers like Reggie always gives(total political crap).

It would be possible of course, but the cost, time, and resources probably wouldn't be worth Nintendo's time for games that they would rather forget about. The VB and it's games didn't sell well the first time around, so I know the shirts at nintendo will never waste the time, even though others within the company may want to.

Hell, Nintendo couldn't even be bothered to translate Mother 3 for english regions, and the demand for that was pretty high IMO.
#12IHeartMetroidPosted 1/3/2013 5:19:29 AM
"Hell, Nintendo couldn't even be bothered to translate Mother 3 for english regions"

You think that's lazy? Nintendo of America didn't even want to bother with selling Xenoblade in the NA region- and that game was already translated and had a huge fanbase!

So lazy.... NOA, you are lazy...
#13iMURDAuPosted 1/3/2013 5:27:25 AM
Obligatory mention of Pandora's Tower. Already translated and released in English just not in NA region. Slap a "limited release" sticker on the package and it could have sold 50k easy.
---
"I'm saying people outside GameFAQs didn't care when Mega Man Legends 3 was cancelled." horror_spooky
3DS FC: 1977-1514-4983, PM if you add me
#14Number43Posted 1/3/2013 5:32:37 AM
IHeartMetroid posted...
The Virtual Boy was Nintendo's greatest failure, in an era littered with Nintendo failures.

I mean, think about it- They lost that generation's console war, they completely screwed up the planned distribution of the system's disk drive, they lost a massive amount of third party support (including Square), and yet the Virtual Boy and it's ramifications remain the biggest screw up of that generation. Nintendo's arrogance in regards to the VB and their subsequent need to find a scapegoat led to them actually FIRING of their most brilliant software and hardware designers! And then he DIED!

If I was in charge of Nintendo, I would do everything in my power to wipe away the dark red stain that is the Virtual Boy and move on, never looking back.

They didn't fire Gunpei Yokoi, they gave him a humiliating low level assignment, though according to traditions in Japanese corporate culture he would have probably been restored to his former stature after a time. He quit in order to start a new company to make the Wonder Swan. It also had nothing to do with his death, which was due to a car accident.
#15IHeartMetroidPosted 1/3/2013 5:39:31 AM
Number43 posted...

They didn't fire Gunpei Yokoi, they gave him a humiliating low level assignment, though according to traditions in Japanese corporate culture he would have probably been restored to his former stature after a time.

Bullcrap. You know absolutely nothing about "Japanese traditions".

I hate hate HATE these ridiculous children who think they actually know anything about business or Japan when in reality they sit in a dark room all day eating Pocky- and that's the full extent of their cultural exposure. Nintendo would never have given Gumpei his former stature- the "corporate culture" expected him to leave the company to get a little bit of his honor back and had already decided that Myamoto and Iwata were to be the next golden children instead.

He quit in order to start a new company to make the Wonder Swan. It also had nothing to do with his death, which was due to a car accident.

More bullcrap. Everyone knows that if Nintendo hadn't fired Gumpei, he wouldn't have been in that car going to Hokuriku- he would have been in Nintendo's offices that morning instead, and he wouldn't have been in the rear-ender, and wouldn't have been struck.

YOU KNOW NOTHING.
#16ChaosTFoxPosted 1/3/2013 10:00:09 AM(edited)
If they did release them there's only four games I'd buy:

Wario Land
Mario Clash
Jack Bros.
Innsmouth no Yakata
---
3DS FC: 3780-9336-7433
#17BluBat8891Posted 1/3/2013 10:16:52 AM
They will, when Hell freezes over.
---
Xbox 360 Username: StoneWolf8891
PS3 Username: CrowTServo88
#18Clutch716Posted 1/3/2013 12:10:36 PM
Actually, red alarm was a very good game. I'm tempted to get back into that Wario game.