Completed system transfer to XL, now streetpass isn't working?

#1kajikaPosted 1/3/2013 9:42:32 AM
I completed a system transfer from my old 3ds to my XL about two days ago, but now my streetpass isn't working. I've tried turning it off and switching the transfered mii, but it hasn't worked.

Are there any solutions people can give?
#2xellos667Posted 1/3/2013 9:47:05 AM
Just curious, how did you tested it to know it's not working? With a 3DS you normally StreetPass with? Or maybe your old ones? I'm asking because I just did a system transfert to XL like you one week ago, and my StreetPass worked just fine, without changing anything.
---
My digital 3DS games collection and slow progression beating them:
http://backloggery.com/drac_mazoku
#3w00dm4nPosted 1/3/2013 9:49:03 AM
you can only streetpass once a day.
did you set up the old 3ds with the same account? i don't think it'll let you streetpass yourself
#4kajika(Topic Creator)Posted 1/3/2013 9:55:30 AM
I tried it with my friends 3ds, and it streetpassed fine with my old one, (pre transfer) now it's not working at all. It's been a few days, and nothing.
Strangely enough, spotpass does work.
#5GLDanzegoPosted 1/3/2013 10:10:56 AM
w00dm4n posted...
did you set up the old 3ds with the same account? i don't think it'll let you streetpass yourself

Actually, you can Streetpass with another 3DS approximately every 8 hours.

TC, I've had this happen a couple of times, once after a system transfer to an XL and another time a few weeks ago after having the battery out of the system. The good news is that both times, Streetpass starting working again. The bad news is that there's really no way to tell how long that might take. It took a couple of days after the transfer, but took 5 days after having the battery out.

Try changing your default Mii to another one you create and turn off Streetpass for a full 24 hours. Then, reenable it and switch back to your regular Mii. That's Nintendo's official line on it and it may or may not help, but it's worth a shot. I always read that you might have to pass someone you never passed before to get it going, but the last time it happened, I ended up passing someone I had already passed once before and then it started passing my other 3DS the next day.
#6kajika(Topic Creator)Posted 1/3/2013 10:15:15 AM
GLDanzego posted...
w00dm4n posted...

Actually, you can Streetpass with another 3DS approximately every 8 hours.

TC, I've had this happen a couple of times, once after a system transfer to an XL and another time a few weeks ago after having the battery out of the system. The good news is that both times, Streetpass starting working again. The bad news is that there's really no way to tell how long that might take. It took a couple of days after the transfer, but took 5 days after having the battery out.

Try changing your default Mii to another one you create and turn off Streetpass for a full 24 hours. Then, reenable it and switch back to your regular Mii. That's Nintendo's official line on it and it may or may not help, but it's worth a shot. I always read that you might have to pass someone you never passed before to get it going, but the last time it happened, I ended up passing someone I had already passed once before and then it started passing my other 3DS the next day.

I'm really happy to hear that!

I have no problem waiting a few more days, but I just don't want to transfer back, exchange the XL, and then just hope for the best on the new one.

I've tried nintendo's official "fix," but unfortunately it didn't work, so I'll try passing someone new today.
If that doesn't work I'll wait a few more days ( I can't transfer back yet anyway), before really worrying.
#7GLDanzegoPosted 1/3/2013 11:50:32 AM
kajika posted...

I'm really happy to hear that!

I have no problem waiting a few more days, but I just don't want to transfer back, exchange the XL, and then just hope for the best on the new one.

I've tried nintendo's official "fix," but unfortunately it didn't work, so I'll try passing someone new today.
If that doesn't work I'll wait a few more days ( I can't transfer back yet anyway), before really worrying.

It will start working again. Don't worry. :)