Would you buy a retail combo pack of Mutant Mudds 1&2? Jools wants to know!

#11SuperMario1998Posted 1/3/2013 2:29:40 PM
Yeah, I haven't bought the first one yet and I prefer physical anyway, so that'd be awesome. Unfortunatly, I don't have a Twitter account.
---
If you have 4 pencils and 7 apples, how many pancakes will fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don't wear hats.
#12Sakurafanboy(Topic Creator)Posted 1/3/2013 2:44:48 PM
Notice: Jools Watsham never said he wants to leave 3DS development, but if piracy isn't dealt with his company would lose a lot of money. Renegade Kid is a tiny company, its not a huge 3rd party like Square Enix and Capcom where they have been bleeding money out of every hole in their body and be fine, no the money is very thin at Renegade Kid so piracy hits them like a truck. Meaning, yes, if piracy got out of hand, they'd be left with either stay with Nintendo and go belly up or move somewhere safer.
---
Team Gracidea - We live to love!
Proud fan of all that is Shaymin!
#13deimos91Posted 1/3/2013 2:54:58 PM
depends on price i already have the first and if the 2nd has much more content
---
Intel core 2 duo E4400 2 GHZ|Radeon 4650 512MB|2 GB DDR2 ram/steam:fartman91/3DSFC:3265-5740-7951
#14CronoDynePosted 1/3/2013 3:06:27 PM
Sakurafanboy posted...
Notice: Jools Watsham never said he wants to leave 3DS development, but if piracy isn't dealt with his company would lose a lot of money. Renegade Kid is a tiny company, its not a huge 3rd party like Square Enix and Capcom where they have been bleeding money out of every hole in their body and be fine, no the money is very thin at Renegade Kid so piracy hits them like a truck. Meaning, yes, if piracy got out of hand, they'd be left with either stay with Nintendo and go belly up or move somewhere safer.

I don't think mincing words is really going to change the subject here. He said outright that he will leave 3DS development if the system becomes a harbor for pirates. This is 1.) inconsistent to his plans to make a sequel to Mutant Mudds, 2.) a completely idiotic moves based purely on raw emotion, 3.) a slap in the face to 3DS owners who purchased his games, and 4.) hypocritical, considering he licensed his games to iOS and PC, two platforms already rampant with piracy, and has plans to release on the Wii U, a system that's already been hacked (I think it's safe to say now that the "they're a small developer who might go belly up" argument is complete bull).
---
Goodbye Chewy. You were the best friend I could ask for. Rest in peace, buddy.
#15malfionPosted 1/3/2013 3:13:20 PM
No. But I'd buy the second if it was actually worthy of being a sequel to the first and actually felt like a sequel rather than something like an expansion pack.
---
http://i.imgflip.com/5mil.gif
#16NnamzPosted 1/3/2013 3:17:56 PM
CronoDyne posted...
Sakurafanboy posted...

I don't think mincing words is really going to change the subject here. He said outright that he will leave 3DS development if the system becomes a harbor for pirates. This is 1.) inconsistent to his plans to make a sequel to Mutant Mudds,

*stops reading*

#1. No it's not. The 3DS is not yet a harbour for pirates, hence he has no reason to leave, hence the sequel.

#2. It's as clear as day that the post you're quoting applies directly to people like you. The guy doesn't want to leave 3DS. He wants, and intents to continue developing for it, as long as he can continue making money. Demonizing him for wanting to make money for his business is just silly.
---
PS3/Vita ID: Nnamz <-- Please message before add. Otherwise will not accept.
3DS Friend Code: 4527 - 7250 - 9769 <-- Inbox me your FC.
#17CronoDynePosted 1/3/2013 3:28:24 PM(edited)
Nnamz posted...
CronoDyne posted...
Sakurafanboy posted...

I don't think mincing words is really going to change the subject here. He said outright that he will leave 3DS development if the system becomes a harbor for pirates. This is 1.) inconsistent to his plans to make a sequel to Mutant Mudds,

*stops reading*

#1. No it's not. The 3DS is not yet a harbour for pirates, hence he has no reason to leave, hence the sequel.

#2. It's as clear as day that the post you're quoting applies directly to people like you. The guy doesn't want to leave 3DS. He wants, and intents to continue developing for it, as long as he can continue making money. Demonizing him for wanting to make money for his business is just silly.

If you continued reading instead of being a blind loyalist, you'd realize Jools is a hypocrite that's doing just fine on platforms riddled with piracy. Also, the 3DS IS going to be hacked, that means if Jools is true to his words (which he's not, because he's an inconsistent hypocrite) he WILL leave 3DS development, which means NO Mutant Mudds 2 on the 3DS. It's funny to have a sequel on a system you won't even be developing for anymore. Is simple logic too much for you to gather?
---
#18FKRW4LifePosted 1/3/2013 3:38:31 PM
Until they do another dementia I'm done with them.
---
Vita Flopic creators = schadenfreude
Legit discussion on sales = intelligent debate
#19Sakurafanboy(Topic Creator)Posted 1/3/2013 3:41:04 PM
CronoDyne posted...
Nnamz posted...
CronoDyne posted...
Sakurafanboy posted...

*stops reading*

If you continued reading instead of being a blind loyalist, you'd realize Jools is a hypocrite that's doing just fine on platforms riddled with piracy. Also, the 3DS IS going to be hacked, that means if Jools is true to his words (which he's not, because he's an inconsistent hypocrite) he WILL leave 3DS development, which means NO Mutant Mudds 2 on the 3DS. It's funny to have a sequel on a system you won't even be developing for anymore. Is simple logic too much for you to gather?

You brought up iOS...let me ask this then, where do you think Renegade Kid is making the most profit? $1-$2 downloads on iOS or $10 downloads on 3DS? I think the obvious answer is 3DS. Hence why 3DS piracy would sting a lot worse than iOS piracy. The eShop sales are what are keeping Renegade Kid afloat. So he would have no choice but to jump ship over to XBox Live and/or PSN should 3DS piracy get out of hand. They can't live off of their iOS sales.

But I think his whole thing was a call out to Nintendo that many small companies like XSEED, Atlus, Renegade Kid, and maybe even Level 5 would leave 3DS unless Nintendo separates their heads from their asses and does something about piracy before it gets to be a big deal.
---
Team Gracidea - We live to love!
Proud fan of all that is Shaymin!
#20CronoDynePosted 1/3/2013 3:55:57 PM
You brought up iOS...let me ask this then, where do you think Renegade Kid is making the most profit? $1-$2 downloads on iOS or $10 downloads on 3DS?

Mutant Mudds, PC, $8, come again? Jools obviously has no qualms putting a game on a platform that is riddled with piracy. He has no problems announcing Mutant Mudds Deluxe on the Wii U AFTER the system was already hacked. You can try to equivocate all you want, it's not going to change reality.
---