Would you buy a retail combo pack of Mutant Mudds 1&2? Jools wants to know!

#21Sakurafanboy(Topic Creator)Posted 1/3/2013 4:24:20 PM
CronoDyne posted...
You brought up iOS...let me ask this then, where do you think Renegade Kid is making the most profit? $1-$2 downloads on iOS or $10 downloads on 3DS?

Mutant Mudds, PC, $8, come again? Jools obviously has no qualms putting a game on a platform that is riddled with piracy. He has no problems announcing Mutant Mudds Deluxe on the Wii U AFTER the system was already hacked. You can try to equivocate all you want, it's not going to change reality.

I don't know what your issue with him is, but he was only trying to get Nintendo to not let another one of their systems become a hackfest.
---
Team Gracidea - We live to love!
Proud fan of all that is Shaymin!
#22CurryfiendPosted 1/3/2013 4:33:24 PM
No because I didn't like the first game. WAY too slow
---
Don't hate me because I'm beautiful ~ f00had
http://i50.tinypic.com/14ie929.jpg http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xE5c8ugVYVc
#23brainfreeze10Posted 1/3/2013 4:44:15 PM
Sakurafanboy posted...
CronoDyne posted...
You brought up iOS...let me ask this then, where do you think Renegade Kid is making the most profit? $1-$2 downloads on iOS or $10 downloads on 3DS?

Mutant Mudds, PC, $8, come again? Jools obviously has no qualms putting a game on a platform that is riddled with piracy. He has no problems announcing Mutant Mudds Deluxe on the Wii U AFTER the system was already hacked. You can try to equivocate all you want, it's not going to change reality.

I don't know what your issue with him is, but he was only trying to get Nintendo to not let another one of their systems become a hackfest.

But that makes it sound like it's Nintendo's fault if it gets hacked. EVERY piece of hardware, ever, can and will be hacked. Besides everything else that's already been said about him, he sounds almost as if he's threatening Nintendo when they've done nothing wrong, and have even done a pretty great job of warding off piracy on the 3DS thus far. So go ahead and leave them then, because crap like Mutant Mudds and Planet Crashers probably won't sell too great on PS3 or Xbox. Bomb Monkey didn't look like much either >_>

But hey, they're making a super original ATV game right now! That's certainly in hot-demand. Definitely a good position to be threatening Nintendo and demonizing many of your fans in.
---
Work is for people who don't know how to fish!
3DS Friend Code: 1289-8728-7299
#24Sakurafanboy(Topic Creator)Posted 1/3/2013 5:17:42 PM
brainfreeze10 posted...
Sakurafanboy posted...
CronoDyne posted...

But that makes it sound like it's Nintendo's fault if it gets hacked. EVERY piece of hardware, ever, can and will be hacked. Besides everything else that's already been said about him, he sounds almost as if he's threatening Nintendo when they've done nothing wrong, and have even done a pretty great job of warding off piracy on the 3DS thus far. So go ahead and leave them then, because crap like Mutant Mudds and Planet Crashers probably won't sell too great on PS3 or Xbox. Bomb Monkey didn't look like much either >_>

But hey, they're making a super original ATV game right now! That's certainly in hot-demand. Definitely a good position to be threatening Nintendo and demonizing many of your fans in.

Mutant Mudds was a pretty damn big seller for a Digital-only release. And you know all smaller companies that aren't legally bound to Nintendo would leave them if they can't turn a profit. Its not just Jools/Renegade Kid threatening it. And when people aren't too thrilled with the bigger 3rd parties, yes losing the smaller one would be devastating. The ball is in Nintendo's court to keep these smaller companies happy and they haven't been as of late.
---
Team Gracidea - We live to love!
Proud fan of all that is Shaymin!
#25brainfreeze10Posted 1/3/2013 5:43:23 PM
Sakurafanboy posted...
brainfreeze10 posted...
Sakurafanboy posted...
CronoDyne posted...

Mutant Mudds was a pretty damn big seller for a Digital-only release. And you know all smaller companies that aren't legally bound to Nintendo would leave them if they can't turn a profit. Its not just Jools/Renegade Kid threatening it. And when people aren't too thrilled with the bigger 3rd parties, yes losing the smaller one would be devastating. The ball is in Nintendo's court to keep these smaller companies happy and they haven't been as of late.

I won't deny that Mutant Mudds was a big seller, but that's one game, and far from a system-seller. They have a lot more to lose from leaving than Nintendo does.

But regardless, I understand that not being able to turn a profit would force him to leave, that makes sense, but as has already been proven in this topic, he's been plenty happy to publish his games on other devices that are rampant with piracy. If he's still making money there, he certainly would be back home as well.

That's not the real issue here, he's just being emotional and reactionary to the thought that just one person may have played his beautiful creation without his permission. It's a typical developer over-reaction, and the kind that has led to DRM, online passes, region locking, etc. that have plagued the industry this past generation. Nintendo's doing its job, that's not what he's angry about. And it's his hypocrisy and arrogance in this situation that's annoying people, not just the fact that his business' goal is to make money.
---
Work is for people who don't know how to fish!
3DS Friend Code: 1289-8728-7299
#26CronoDynePosted 1/3/2013 5:57:44 PM
Sakurafanboy posted...
CronoDyne posted...

You don't know what my issue with him is, despite me saying it at least 4 times now in this topic? Here's a fifth: He's an inconsistent hypocrite that is threatening to hurt both Nintendo and his fans through a knee jerk reaction to the 3DS slowly becoming hackable, a reaction he hasn't made for the three other platformers that actually are hacked. So, AGAIN, he's claiming that 3DS hacking may cause the possibility of loss of sales, yet says nothing when releasing the game on iOS (pirate city), on the PC (pirate haven), and on the Wii U (soon to be pirate town). I really don't know why this is such a hard thing to comprehend.
---
Goodbye Chewy. You were the best friend I could ask for. Rest in peace, buddy.
#27Frozenx07Posted 1/3/2013 7:46:51 PM
SuperMario1998 posted...
Yeah, I haven't bought the first one yet and I prefer physical anyway, so that'd be awesome. Unfortunatly, I don't have a Twitter account.

Ditto.
---
Animal Crossing: City Folk
John Atlantis 0132-8718-5558
#28OoSubaruoOPosted 1/3/2013 7:51:57 PM
Frozenx07 posted...
SuperMario1998 posted...
Yeah, I haven't bought the first one yet and I prefer physical anyway, so that'd be awesome. Unfortunatly, I don't have a Twitter account.

Ditto.

Mew.
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 0605-4074-6062
#29PS2GamerPosted 1/3/2013 7:55:22 PM
Nope. But I also didn't care for the games....
---
~ ~ ~ Where Angels Lose Their Way ~ ~ ~
/| ~ Love would have conquered all..... ~ |\
#30Final Fantasy2389Posted 1/3/2013 9:43:16 PM
This topic got off track fast. Also, Mudds wii u was announced before it was hacked.

As for the topic, I'm not sure. I own the game on 3Ds and have gotten 100% on it so I don't need it again... but I prefer physical.
---
WWE Diva and SES season 1 winner. Smart. Sexy. Powerful. Eve Torres <3
http://bit.ly/J38z1u | http://bit.ly/KIjaFT | http://bit.ly/RQBee0